Army withdrawing 39 Mountain Division from J&K

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009

Srinagar: An Army division, comprising around 15,000 troops, is being withdrawn from Jammu and Kashmir and some of its units have already returned to its base in Himachal Pradesh, a senior Army officer said on Tuesday.

On withdrawal of 39 Mountain Division from Rajouri and Poonch border districts to its base in Palampur in Himachal Pradesh, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 9 Corps Lt Gen GM Nair said, "This division is being shifted. Some of its units have already reached its base in HP."
The shifting of the division from the districts in Jammu and Kashmir comes close on the demand of separatists and opposition PDP to withdraw troops from the state in view of the improved security situation there.

"The entire division has not been moved fully so far. It will take some time," the GOC said.

39 Mountain Division was shifted to Rajouri and Poonch districts to assist joint security grid in conducting counter insurgency operations and undertake counter infiltration measures in 1994.

Bureau Report

Tamil

Country flag
stupid action by govt. it helps the terrorist to easily infiltrate into India.

I strongly oppose the action.

sky

stupid action by govt. it helps the terrorist to easily infiltrate into India.

I strongly oppose the action.
I think its a good idea,these troops would not leave if the army felt there would be a issue with security.in order to reduce tension and improve the situation in j@k this step is vital first step for building confidence with the people of J&K since they have voted in elections they must be further rewarded with money to develop the state, this would show to them how much we care and value them.

VayuSena1

Professional

Srinagar: An Army division, comprising around 15,000 troops, is being withdrawn from Jammu and Kashmir and some of its units have already returned to its base in Himachal Pradesh, a senior Army officer said on Tuesday.

On withdrawal of 39 Mountain Division from Rajouri and Poonch border districts to its base in Palampur in Himachal Pradesh, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 9 Corps Lt Gen GM Nair said, "This division is being shifted. Some of its units have already reached its base in HP."
The shifting of the division from the districts in Jammu and Kashmir comes close on the demand of separatists and opposition PDP to withdraw troops from the state in view of the improved security situation there.

"The entire division has not been moved fully so far. It will take some time," the GOC said.

39 Mountain Division was shifted to Rajouri and Poonch districts to assist joint security grid in conducting counter insurgency operations and undertake counter infiltration measures in 1994.

Bureau Report
Now I don't know whom this government wants to appease. Perhaps since it is bored of pseudo-secularism instead of secularism, it now wants to appease Pakistanby cuddling their terrorist organizations. In that case, why do we have to rot in desolate places?

Why not call the terrorists in to Sansad Bhavan itself just as they had invited a millenium back?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Now I don't know whom this government wants to appease. Perhaps since it is bored of pseudo-secularism instead of secularism, it now wants to appease Pakistanby cuddling their terrorist organizations. In that case, why do we have to rot in desolate places?

Why not call the terrorists in to Sansad Bhavan itself just as they had invited a millenium back?
Isnt that a bit too overlooking? I mean, I trust MMS and Company, I wont think the Govt would do something like this just to appease Pakistan. Our leaders are not that dumb I know for certain, especially the ones ruling us now.

This is a part of making Kashmir a mainstream part of India, and not just a Military Outpost. If Increased Infiltration is sure to happen due to this, I dont think the Army or Govt would do this, because increased Infiltration means more Bomb blasts and More Bomb blasts means, the Opposition will get an awesome plank to play against the UPA. I dont think this has got to do anything with Secularism or the Pseudo part of it you mentioned!

Tamil

Country flag
I think its a good idea,these troops would not leave if the army felt there would be a issue with security.in order to reduce tension and improve the situation in j@k this step is vital first step for building confidence with the people of J&K since they have voted in elections they must be further rewarded with money to develop the state, this would show to them how much we care and value them.
every thing is nice to hear, but the real fact is what?

don't take it seriously just example only...

" with out a compound street dogs easily come and make shelter in our home "

which is better think. i agree with you to develop the confidence and state of J&K. but allowing some street dogs how we live in peace?

Note: IF I HURT ANY ONE JUST FORGIVE ME TNX

johnee

Isnt that a bit too overlooking? I mean, I trust MMS and Company, I wont think the Govt would do something like this just to appease Pakistan. Our leaders are not that dumb I know for certain, especially the ones ruling us now.

These are the same leaders that bludered(admitedly) in Sharm-el-sheik. These are the same leaders that have allowed Pakistan to get away after 26/11.
Either they are dumb or they think we are dumb.

MMS may not be apeasing Pakistan but he has shown that he is susceptible to pressure from Unkil Sam.

This is a part of making Kashmir a mainstream part of India, and not just a Military Outpost. If Increased Infiltration is sure to happen due to this, I dont think the Army or Govt would do this, because increased Infiltration means more Bomb blasts and More Bomb blasts means, the Opposition will get an awesome plank to play against the UPA. I dont think this has got to do anything with Secularism or the Pseudo part of it you mentioned!
There have been numerous bomb blasts before 26/11. There have been bomb blasts after 26/11. What has opposition done? It is busy in its own problems.
Media is busy talking about Kandahar or bollywood. The people have also moved on. So no accountability whatsoever.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager

He he he so SOME units are moved and entire divison has to shift. So does any body has any count of how many have actually SHIFTED? I think it is more of a PR exercise just show some movement no body can physically verify how many have moved and where they are. What if fully strength
never gets shifted.

Chill out guys nothing concrete on the ground is happening.

chathurang

Well We can create a peaceful atmosphere in the kashmir valley by showing the people and the pakistan army that army strength is been reduced in kashmir ,but actually faking the whole thing.This will help building confidence within people and also increased infiltration attempt if made can be easily curbed.
One thing indian goverment is lacking ,the power in the state of J&K is controlled mostly by defence forces not by administration run by people there.IA has a harsh attitude towards the youth in kashmir.:india:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles