Army camp in Uri under attack, several personnel killed

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I don't think there will be any action priot to Jan-26th. I hope for some action at the border and not using some terrorist strike inside Pakista.
good action take time. Just wait and watch. I would love to see some of the Pakistani high ups going down.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
First i was surprised that CNN did not even mention this latest incident even once on TV neither did they report 70% polling so far, then today news comes out some al-qaida guy got rubbed out today by pak army. So basically situation is same old same old as far as americans are concerned.Then again who needs them, status quo suits me just fine.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Pic of dead p0rki terrorists:
Graphic content**

These might be Paki Special Forces SSG Commandos and their bodies would rott on Indian land for few days before we would cremate these PIGS with Islamic rituals.

We would read their "Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon" and bury them on Indian land.

India is is the Kabristan of Paki PIGS. :thumb:

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
If even now Kashmiris can not see these Punjabi Pakistanis murdering them on daily basis then they are never going to find peace and an adobe they could call home for many next generations to come.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Well they are trying to flush out hidden terrorists from the bunkers, using smoke grenade, they assume that once they throw these, smoke will make it unbearable and they will come out (assuming they are not using the gas mask). Radar i posted shows of the area has human or not, if they are moving or not. Bigger version of this radar, work from 65 feets from the wall or any structure.

Obviously with gas mask terrorist will do more damage. Already for killing 3 terrorists, 7 of our guys have died.
PARA (SF) using such radar in Kashmir:

+

@ghost

It is a tactical flashlight seen attached not STS (although I would love to see SF operators using this tech one day soon).

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
PARA (SF) using such radar in Kashmir:

+

@ghost

It is a tactical flashlight seen attached not STS (although I would love to see SF operators using this tech one day soon).
good find. Yesterday watched Discovery and they showed that on LOC we have control room to monitor the terrorists movements through radar and thermal and then they are intercepted by our forces, before they go deep inside our area.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You mean ABV surrendered to Pakistan even after they casually attacked the Indian parliament. Had Indira been PM, Pakistan wouldn't have dared to needle India in that manner. Modi is no different - he may speak well, but he can never deliver. India will once again bow down to Pakistan and agree to talks.
You seem to be under the impression you are talking to someone who doesn't know anything.

Yes, ABV gave into international pressure and did not go to war based on the Parliament attack, but stop living in your fantasy that Indira Gandhi could have done much differently in that situation. Obviously ABV was weak in that regard and even he fought and won a war against a nuclear Pak, so stop the childish fantasy of hyping Indira. We can discuss that in detail in some other thread if you wish in a different thread, rather than derail this one.

No one is going to take your analysis of Modi seriously on things yet to transpire. So again, keep your petty point scoring out of this and take it to the politics thread. I'd be happy to rip any Congi leader.

Modi must thank people, people had expectations from him, that is why BJP crossed 272. He should not act like a thankless guy and perform.

"Shat Shat Naman" type Bhashans won't bring our martyrs back. We cannot bring them back, but we can avenge their deaths.
Nothing will bring the dead back and I agree GoI needs to act and escalate; however, we need to live in reality and give the government time to respond in the manner that it sees fit in the larger interest and not derail others important developments.

I don't have blind faith in anyone, at the same time I am not an impatient child. Lets wait and see how the situation evolves.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
You seem to be under the impression you are talking to someone who doesn't know anything.

Yes, ABV gave into international pressure and did not go to war based on the Parliament attack, but stop living in your fantasy that Indira Gandhi could have done much differently in that situation. Obviously ABV was weak in that regard and even he fought and won a war against a nuclear Pak, so stop the childish fantasy of hyping Indira. We can discuss that in detail in some other thread if you wish in a different thread, rather than derail this one.

No one is going to take your analysis of Modi seriously on things yet to transpire. So again, keep your petty point scoring out of this and take it to the politics thread. I'd be happy to rip any Congi leader.
What @genius will not mention here, is that the Pakis acquired nukes in the meantime, by smuggling from various nations. This was not a factor in Indira Gandhi's time.

Now, this chap @genius had an older ID called @feathers on this forum. Under that ID, he was vehemently arguing against India taking any steps to even start thinking about de-nuking the Pakis. He is basically sympathetic to Muslims in general, and Pakistanis in particular. He is happy that they have nukes, and claims that Paki nukes are their "right".

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
India at that time didn't have much political clout, so Indira could only do so much. She was not some omniscient entity, knowing every detail about Pakistan. Blame the intelligence agencies. Also bjp is just cheating Hindus by projecting a nationalist image - but in reality, u-turns with respect to article 370, kashmiri pandits, etc.

BJP has done nothing for India, nothing for Hindus. Yet Hindus keep falling for their pseudo patriotic talk. The blood of soldiers is in the PM's hands. Not saying present day congress is better, but at least Congress (I) was simply because IG was around to tame the enemies. She had more spine than the so-called men.
Lets get back to basics. Can you provide some inputs/suggestions at a layman level to try to make Pakis nook-nude? I think we should begin with secret operations to get Musharrat and photochor Khan (both of whom are hounded in their home nations presently). We can offer them tremendous amount of money and a new identity and a secret life in an isolated corner like the hills of Ooty or the beaches near Vishakapatnam. Then we can begin taking all possible information from them.

That is what I can think of as a first step. Can you come up with additional suggestions, albeit at a layman level, to snatch away Paki nukes?

sgarg

All the above discussion is meaningless. It is not about Indira and Modi. It is about perception of Hindus that "Hindus cannot fight".

I have encountered this perception everywhere I went (overseas). India is under pressure because of this perception.

Hindus will have to fight and WIN if this perception is to be broken. A war must be fought to WIN. So far Hindus are fighting to maintain status quo. This is a meaningless war.

The Army of India itself is not giving options to the government. The army itself is not sure. How can one blame Indira or Modi.

sgarg

Half of army is composed of Sikhs, Gorkhas, and Muslims. The 80% Hindus make up 50% of army. The government needs to fix perception before the problem.

The Hindus are grossly under-militarized. The Brahmins, Banias, Yadavs, and the like need to pick up the gun and show their valour on the battlefield. The equation will not change until it happens.

Time has come for draft. Every able young men between the age of 18 and 25 needs to be sent for compulsory military training of one year. Every able citizen must be callable for fighting in war. War is not some TV show. Defence of country is the first and foremost duty of every citizen.

sgarg

Any person who is not willing to fight for India IS NOT PATRIOTIC. period. No amount of talking and debates help.

I have never got military training but I am able bodied and I am willing to fight for the country if the country gives me this option. Any man who is not too young (below 18) and not too old (above 60) should be ready to fight.

brational

Country flag
India at that time didn't have much political clout, so Indira could only do so much. She was not some omniscient entity, knowing every detail about Pakistan. Blame the intelligence agencies. Also bjp is just cheating Hindus by projecting a nationalist image - but in reality, u-turns with respect to article 370, kashmiri pandits, etc.

BJP has done nothing for India, nothing for Hindus. Yet Hindus keep falling for their pseudo patriotic talk. The blood of soldiers is in the PM's hands. Not saying present day congress is better, but at least Congress (I) was simply because IG was around to tame the enemies. She had more spine than the so-called men.
Thank Modi for his kindness towards you guys. If he gives "go ahead" to the army, you and your brothers will be sleeping in whorehouse no 72 and this is bound to happen, till then Happy trolling.. Just look at you shameless, changing IDs and trolling around and still posting after humiliation in every thread.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Every single citizen is responsible for the security of the country. It is nothing to do with paying taxes.

It is unfortunate that most people in India are unaware of army. Army should be ingrained in society.

The enemies should know that every Indian can take up arms and fight. Security will come when most Indian citizens are ready to contribute to security. There will be no need for nuclear weapons then.

We need 100 million citizen soldiers.
You might want to visit this thread - http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/politics-society/24591-you-authorized-defend-yourself-32.html

sgarg

Last time i checked Gurkhas are hard core Hindus. Anyway why Sikh,Gurkhas numbers are high

1.India's most fertile land is punjab,more food -->more height,weight,strength etc 2)Sikhs follow warrior tradition
2.Gurkhas belongs to high altitude areas their strength is stupendous (even UK recruit them to date)
3.Muslims in army :lol: :lol: may be hardly 4%(15% pop)

Why u need all ppl to battle ready.Many military analysts clearly said 'our army is capable to hold ground if both Pork!&Chini army attacked'.
This is 21st century,where Sc&Tech ruling the world.Where 7mn jews killing Muslims like rats in their own homes and 1.6bn muslims whining &helpless :lol:
No excuses. All castes need to be there in army. Analysts are wrong.

The soldier base of the country is too narrow.

There is no need of 6 ft tall soldiers. 5 feet 6 inch is good enough.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Young army officers blame commanders for Uri debacle on social media

Young army officers blame commanders for Uri debacle on social media

Pre-cooked meals with Urdu markings recovered from six dead terrorists who attacked an army post in Uri

A day after eight army soldiers, including an officer, died in a militant strike on a military camp near Uri, in Jammu & Kashmir, anger is bubbling amongst junior officers who say over-cautious commanders have tied their hands.

In a WhatsApp message that is racing through army networks, the Uri debacle has been blamed on tight operational restrictions allegedly imposed after two Kashmiri boys were mistakenly shot dead on November 3 by soldiers manning a check point near Chattergam village, in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.

Then, in a swift attempt to quell public outrage, the army had ordered an inquiry that found nine soldiers of 53 Rashtriya Rifles culpable. Northern army commander, Lieutenant General DS Hooda, publicly admitted the army had made a mistake.

Days later, on November 13, an army court martial sentenced five soldiers, including two officers, to life imprisonment for killing three innocent Kashmiris in a fake encounter in the Macchil sector of north Kashmir in 2010.

In the bitter WhatsApp message, an unidentified officer has directly held his top commanders responsible for the Uri debacle.

"As per reports, soldiers on the sentry duty on the army camp [at Uri], did not fire upon the approaching terrorist vehicle due to caution imposed on them after the Anantnag incident (sic)", says the WhatsApp message.

The message goes on: "When [the] Anantnag incident took place last month, corps commander of 15 corps and Army Commander of Northern Command had both called it a mistake"¦ Should not the Army Cdr (commander) and Corps cdr (commander) consider resigning for this goof up (sic)."

"Now, what do they have to say? They had betrayed their own soldiers, who became cautious and the result is for everyone to see."

Highlighting a worrying faultline, the message demands (capitals in original): "GENERALS SHOULD STOP PLAYING TO [THE] GALLERY AND MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND ALLOW SOLDIERS TO DO THEIR JOB."

Such bitterness is growing in combat unit and sub-unit commanders, who are caught between senior officers' demands to "deliver results", i.e. to kill militants; while at the same time uphold the human rights of locals, most of whom sympathise with militants, if not actively support them.

The army is scrambling to counter this unprecedented "social media" crisis. While nobody is speaking on the record, Business Standard learns the army is responding on social media, putting out a detailed account of the Uri incident. The aim is to prove that the militants benefited from laxity rather than from imposed restraints.

Says Lieutenant General Syed Ata Hasnain, a highly regarded former corps commander in Srinagar: "It is unfair to blame top commanders for demanding restraint. Every officers knows exactly what restraint implies; and it does not restrict legitimate use of force against militants."

Neither do accounts of the Uri strike support the view that soldiers' were operationally restrained. The attack began at 3 a.m., a time when civilian movement is totally banned and every stranger is considered suspicious.

Senior commanders in Kashmir have stoutly resisted pleas to lift the Disturbed Areas notification from large parts of J&K, which means the Armed Forces Special Powers Act, 1990 (AFSPA) would no longer apply in those areas. Even so, the army hierarchy is increasingly intolerant of human rights violations.

The WhatsApp message bitterly states: "We ought to accept such mistakes when we deploy the army for restoration of the situation. Everyone must understand the real purpose of AFSPA. It is meant to cover unintentional mistakes made by soldiers in the course of the performance of their duty."

The WhatsApp message strongly reflects the soldiers' viewpoint that they are doing a thankless job for seniors, leaders and a public that neither understands nor sympathises with the army.

The officer writes: "Why does not this nation and its leaders understand the nuances of this 'Designer war' heaped upon India by Pakistan since 1989? Unfortunately, even most military minds, both serving and retired, have failed to understand the reality of this war. It has nothing to do with 'Law and Order'; it is war, Sir! Most important, it is for Generals to understand and grasp its characteristics and stop reacting to civilian hue and cry (sic)."

Broadsword

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles