Armenian-Azerbaijan 2020 War

Who will win this conflict

• Total voters

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
This just increases my concerns with our own equipment. Chinese operate a shit ton of ATGMs without proper protection and modern upgrades for Our T-72s and BMP-2s which are most numerous Tank and IFV vehicles in the Army’s inventory are sitting ducks. Armenia was literally Turkey Shooting Azerbaijani/Turkish Vehicles left and right. Azerbaijan lost a crap ton of vehicles many of them Ungraded BMP-2s.

Last edited:

Bhairav

Country flag
I don't think as far as I know Isreal destroyed any s300 but even if it did, unless its rated armed forces it is not worth claiming much. Russia does not come to defence in Syria-Iranian-Israel one on one's. S300 has many versions and the upgraded ones claim a lot but s300 and s400 have no active combat downing record but they are deployed in combat zone which means they are tuned and possibly explored by Americans and allies. S200's have been destroyed by isreal but israel f-15 was also shot by s-200.....most of the recent strikes by them are from north lebanon hiding behind terrain or under shadow of USAF.
Its not just limited to downing an Air defense system, but its actually about "fooling" those radars which comes with S-300 and Israel is master in fooling Russian radars. but Israel had used some of the most advance jets available in its arsenal ( F35s ) and the most powerful jet that Azeri airforce posses is Mig29, which is again an Russian Bird and since Russia is slightly pro-Armenian it may tell Armenia about weaknesses of Mig29s ( which are few, but still not nil ). One great thing is that Armenia operates Su30s but in a very small number, i.e 4 but 8 more are on order and Russia may accelerate its Delivery to Armenia.

omaebakabaka

Russia doesn't share border with Armenia. I doubt if there will be any supply coming through road. If Russia was connected to Armenia I doubt if anyone would have had balls to attack them.
AN-124s can come in and also via Iran possibly? Georgia are trojan condoms for the muslims being christian they are like our traitors to aremenians.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Correct both sides have faced probably dozens of casualties, possibly several hundred and both sides put out videos of destroyed armor and casualties. I think due to videos and social media it’s difficult to hid anything.

Armenia has downed dozens of Azerbaijan drones in recent years. It’s difficult to say why sometimes the Azerbaijanis lose lots of drones while other times they seem to have success. Probably not enough air defenses for Armenia when the Azerbaijanis are successful.

Not from the recent conflict but pretty recent:

View attachment 60688

Azerbaijan went in for the offensive but underestimated how prepared and determined the Armenians were. The Azerbaijanis got hit with everything from tanks to ATGMs to artillery. It’s pretty impressive considering Armenia has virtually no drones while Azerbaijan has dozens of western armed drones and at the moment the only real casualties the Azerbaijanis seem to be able to inflict is by drones. Maybe that will change or maybe we just don’t have all the information but this seems to be the situation.

Much of Armenian Successes have been because they were trained by the Russian military and participated in military exercises. Russia has a lot of experience fighting in Syria, Chechnya, and Georgia. Russia also holds hundreds of war games a year. This translates into battlefield success. The Turks, on the other hand, trained the Azerbaijanis but the Turks themselves were getting wrecked in Syria even with hordes of jihad canon folders leading the charge.
Azers had no chance if Russia comes into the party, Turks will be the first one to run away.

Their whole military supply is russian it will take them decades to change that given the budget they have.

Armenia is the extension of Russian Empire it's loss will be a slap on russian face and Putin won't let it happen. Infact it is him who manage to keep Russia together.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
AN-124s can come in and also via Iran possibly? Georgia are trojan condoms for the muslims being christian they are like our traitors to aremenians.
Their is a limitation to support a landlocked nation when the neighborhood isn't cooperative. Iran is the route Russia is using right now.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Georgians are not entirely traitorous to Armenia. There are many Georgians who sympathize with Armenia and some who secretly support it. Majority of tension between Armenia and Georgia comes from Russian Involvement in the Caucasus Region. I don’t understand Russia’s motivation behind antagonizing a fellow Orthodox Christian state like Georgia who are culturally and religiously very similar to Russians themselves.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Armenia repelled a large Attack by the Azerbaijan.

Unconfirmed reports that an Azerbaijan Army Major General is missing and may be in Armenian custody. One General one Major General and other few officers are missing.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

Their is a limitation to support a landlocked nation when the neighborhood isn't cooperative. Iran is the route Russia is using right now.
True but should not be that difficult if Iran is cooperative but I will never trust these mullahs. Russia should have anticipated this scenario especially with Turkey the way it is in the last decade....Putin recently has all been not taking sides and so on....acting like Xi and all....this should teach him as it makes him look like a pussy. If they lose this one then whats the point of CSTO?

omaebakabaka

Georgians are not entirely traitorous to Armenia. There are many Georgians who sympathize with Armenia and some who secretly support it. Majority of tension between Armenia and Georgia comes from Russian Involvement in the Caucasus Region. I don’t understand Russia’s motivation behind antagonizing a fellow Orthodox Christian state like Georgia who are culturally and religiously very similar to Russians themselves.
When did people to people interaction matter? If that was true then Nepal scenario would not exist for India. Georgian leadership is servicing their lords that are not on their borders but somewhere in Brussels and DC and supported islamic thugs in chechenya and dagestan for a longtime. In this case fault is 100% with Georgia not Russia.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
True but should not be that difficult if Iran is cooperative but I will never trust these mullahs. Russia should have anticipated this scenario especially with Turkey the way it is in the last decade....Putin recently has all been not taking sides and so on....acting like Xi and all....this should teach him as it makes him look like a pussy. If they lose this one then whats the point of CSTO?
I think once they make peace with Georgia thing will Improve. Russia will not let Armenia down infact they continuously train and upgrade them despite the economic condition on both sides.

omaebakabaka

Azers had no chance if Russia comes into the party, Turks will be the first one to run away.

Their whole military supply is russian it will take them decades to change that given the budget they have.

Armenia is the extension of Russian Empire it's loss will be a slap on russian face and Putin won't let it happen. Infact it is him who manage to keep Russia together.
Putin is getting caught up in his own success, not being decisive to gain some sort of "wise leader" is not good all the time. He did that with Ukraine and I don't think Armenia is more important than Ukraine but relations are good. If Turks make a mistake of killing Russian peace keepers then bets are off....until then Putin will try to balance so stalemate remains.

omaebakabaka

I think once they make peace with Georgia thing will Improve. Russia will not let Armenia down infact they continuously train and upgrade them despite the economic condition on both sides.
It is possible as EU and US lose their game across the globe....but not until then. Just no recent examples of any country switching to the side of Russia other than stan's in central asia but they have no choice like Armenia based on their location. Between hordes of Chinese and familiar Russian's, the choice is kinda clear for them in Central Asia.

omaebakabaka

Its not just limited to downing an Air defense system, but its actually about "fooling" those radars which comes with S-300 and Israel is master in fooling Russian radars. but Israel had used some of the most advance jets available in its arsenal ( F35s ) and the most powerful jet that Azeri airforce posses is Mig29, which is again an Russian Bird and since Russia is slightly pro-Armenian it may tell Armenia about weaknesses of Mig29s ( which are few, but still not nil ). One great thing is that Armenia operates Su30s but in a very small number, i.e 4 but 8 more are on order and Russia may accelerate its Delivery to Armenia.
Too many claims....one thing is clear though Israel is more and more only stand off attacks with longer range weaponry. After the IL-20 episode, they got their warning with Netanyahu visting Moscow every other week. I think Azeri migs are probably very old and mostly Ukraine serviced, so far it is all UAV, stand off weapons and big arty....terrifying all in first 24 hrs.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Hmmm. All I am seeing is the world going through an churn. Similar to 1930's mini wars leading to WW3. Hopefully humans have learnt enough not to give up the peace times. Men's cannot be at peace for long as proved in history.

Let them fight their own war. India has enough on their plates. Bow your head, bide your time.

Willy3

Country flag
I don’t understand why Armenia doesn’t capture Nakhichevan and end threat on there south. Turkey can use it as a staging ground for a future invasion of Armenia.
Cause Nakhichevan is nothing but extension of turkey.

The war over karabakh is due to Armenian majority area trapped in between Azerbaijan.

Also only other foreign power along karabakh is Iran who want less powerful Azeri state as there is a seperesist movement in Iranian state of south Azerbaijan.

Nakhichevan was ethically cleansed of Armenians during Armenian genocide and soviet era, so no internal support from the area itself. + Turkey treat the area as a buffer and possibly Armenia have silent understanding of not bothering about that region

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles