Armenian-Azerbaijan 2020 War

Who will win this conflict

• Total voters

Bhairav

Country flag
Looks like Russian an-124 flew into Armenia probably bringing gifts? ARmenia has iskanders too......this is going to be an interesting one to watch. Soemone mentioned s-300 taken out, is that reliable? I think an osa has been taken out...
S-300 is not reliable defence against Israeli weapons and Israel has proved it several times in the past. but its still better than having no defence. atleast it can shoot down their UAVs and UCAVs and some missiles too.

Screenshot from 2020-09-28 16.28.21.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Russian license plated trucks entering armenia to supply the Armenian military.
The Armenian ambassador to Russia talked about the possibility of buying new weapons from Russia.

Turkish President Erdogan once again emphasizes its support to Azerbaijan against Armenia : ''The time has come for Azerbaijan to take this matter of the disputed Karabakh region into its own hands''.

Bhairav

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Russian license plated trucks entering armenia to supply the Armenian military.
The Armenian ambassador to Russia talked about the possibility of buying new weapons from Russia.

Turkish President Erdogan once again emphasizes its support to Azerbaijan against Armenia : ''The time has come for Azerbaijan to take this matter of the disputed Karabakh region into its own hands''.
"The Times has come...into its own hands" IDK why every bloody dictator use these lines

Neptune

Country flag
You can check combat footage on Reddit.

Both sides are hiding casualties and both sides are facing heavy losses.

Correct both sides have faced probably dozens of casualties, possibly several hundred and both sides put out videos of destroyed armor and casualties. I think due to videos and social media it’s difficult to hid anything.

The reasons Azerbaijan is losing drones at this rate is because of the heavy employment of these drones in that area.

Armenia has downed dozens of Azerbaijan drones in recent years. It’s difficult to say why sometimes the Azerbaijanis lose lots of drones while other times they seem to have success. Probably not enough air defenses for Armenia when the Azerbaijanis are successful.

Not from the recent conflict but pretty recent:

AC64A91A-C7B0-4D8C-8A30-3ED57E8FDB27.jpeg

How is it possible that Azerbaijan is getting beaten & soldiers captured while having a superior military both in numbers and technology, also having air force with jets & drones?

Armenia doesn't even have an air force and their anti-air capability is limited to short-range?

Is it just one-sided information from Armenians or Azerbaijan is really that bad in military planning?

Azerbaijan went in for the offensive but underestimated how prepared and determined the Armenians were. The Azerbaijanis got hit with everything from tanks to ATGMs to artillery. It’s pretty impressive considering Armenia has virtually no drones while Azerbaijan has dozens of western armed drones and at the moment the only real casualties the Azerbaijanis seem to be able to inflict is by drones. Maybe that will change or maybe we just don’t have all the information but this seems to be the situation.

Much of Armenian Successes have been because they were trained by the Russian military and participated in military exercises. Russia has a lot of experience fighting in Syria, Chechnya, and Georgia. Russia also holds hundreds of war games a year. This translates into battlefield success. The Turks, on the other hand, trained the Azerbaijanis but the Turks themselves were getting wrecked in Syria even with hordes of jihad canon folders leading the charge.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Armenian Artillery positions got hit from the Azerbaijan Artillery claim from the Azerbaijan MoD. Waiting for the conformation from the Armenian MoD.

Ya'll Nibbiars MIG 29s over armenia.

Ya'll Nibbiars Armenian destroyed more Azerbaijan tanks.

Pres. of Artsakh Harutyunyan and MoD of Armenia Tonoyan visited the Operations Control Center of the Defence army to follow developments along the LoC. MG J.Harutyunyan, Commander of the Defence Army, MoD of Artsakh debriefed on the OP-SIT, assured favorable opportunities were created․

Last edited:

shashankk

Country flag

Russia doesn't share border with Armenia. I doubt if there will be any supply coming through road. If Russia was connected to Armenia I doubt if anyone would have had balls to attack them.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars more Azerbaijan are going to front only to die.

Ya'll Nibbiars Azerbaijan destroys a Convoy but also loses the drone.

Ya'll Nibbiars At the moment, intense fighting continues along the entire front line of the Artsakh-Azerbaijan border. The Armenian side successfully repels the attacks of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces: Representative of the Armenian Defense Ministry Artsrun Hovhannisyan.

Last edited:

Jaymax61

Turkey is stretched. Libya, Iraq, Syria, and now Azerbaijan.

It cannot match Russia. Its banking on Russia not bringing boots to the ground. But if Russian airforce is at the level they claim, its going to be the clincher.

The Sultan has bitten more than he can chew.

Waanar

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
I think, if the war escalates, we can harbor some refugees. Mainly kids and women. Rather, only women. Especially in the 20-30 age group.
Will take some heat off of Modi's back for not providing Rohingyas shelter and we don't have to worry about military aged males.
In fact, RSS should get involved with assimilation of the refugees so we don't have to worry about anti national elements and some sexually frustrated virgin sanghis like me can FINALLY FU.... erm... find another reason to volunteer for social services and improve RSS's image in world's eyes.

You guys know how big my heart is. I'm a goddamn philanthropist in this horrifying and testing era of kalyug.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Russia doesn't share border with Armenia. I doubt if there will be any supply coming through road. If Russia was connected to Armenia I doubt if anyone would have had balls to attack them.
Looks like Russian supplies are coming thru caspian sea & Iran border.
saw a few tweets yesterday, can't vouch for authenticity.

shashankk

Country flag
Looks like Russian supplies are coming thru caspian sea & Iran border.
saw a few tweets yesterday, can't vouch for authenticity.
Hope its true. Only doubt I would still have is that how long that route is from Russian border and it might take days to reach to Armenia if help comes through land route. Airlifting is only option if Russians want to help fast.
Looking at the reports. Armenians need some good airdefence systems against drone swarms. these systems should be airlifted ASAP. I guess its a lesson for India as well and our eastern neighbor might try the same tactics against us.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Representative of the Armenian Defense Ministry says intense clashes ongoing along the entire frontline in Artsakh, claims Armenia successfully repelled the attacks of Azerbaijan.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Azerbaijan UAV targeting Armenians.

omaebakabaka

S-300 is not reliable defence against Israeli weapons and Israel has proved it several times in the past. but its still better than having no defence. atleast it can shoot down their UAVs and UCAVs and some missiles too.

View attachment 60681
I don't think as far as I know Isreal destroyed any s300 but even if it did, unless its rated armed forces it is not worth claiming much. Russia does not come to defence in Syria-Iranian-Israel one on one's. S300 has many versions and the upgraded ones claim a lot but s300 and s400 have no active combat downing record but they are deployed in combat zone which means they are tuned and possibly explored by Americans and allies. S200's have been destroyed by isreal but israel f-15 was also shot by s-200.....most of the recent strikes by them are from north lebanon hiding behind terrain or under shadow of USAF.

omaebakabaka

CCP is not concerned with going along with the partners as per as trade Is concerned chinese have invested four times in Azerbaijan than Armenia has closer military Cooperation with Azerbaijan than Armenia. Is a major customer of oil from Azerbaijan. Emphasizes Azerbaijan more one the BRI than Armenia. As it consider the geographic location of Azerbaijan much better than armenia.
Not worth investing in little countries until the pecking order is reestablished.....more unstrife is a given in the world with every frozen conflict possibly being lit up. Oil investments are absolute drain at the moment.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles