Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

JBH22

Lol.. Arjun was quality product in 2011. Not anymore
True but if we stop now, we will throw years of 'R&D' and money down the drain. We need to deploy them learn more and take input for the next gen MBT.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
True but if we stop now, we will throw years of 'R&D' and money down the drain. We need to deploy them learn more and take input for the next gen MBT.
We haven't stopped... NG-MBT is going on. Those nominal pieces are for operational input only, no more Arjuns induction can be justified (especially over upgrading the 3000 existing ranks with its tech). Tejas & Arjun aren't going the same way.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
We haven't stopped... NG-MBT is going on. Those nominal pieces are for operational input only, no more Arjuns induction can be justified. Tejas & Arjun aren't going the same way.
When will NG MBT get developed , give or take?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
No it will be fucking aksai chin
Offtopic & personal opinion... Our claim line is another of Nehru's bullshit (noone tends point that out, it was him that unilaterally formed our weird map, the original one had no demarcated borders there. I can't really fault the Chinks for not honouring it, I wouldn't in their place either.)
Aksai Chin is a piece of projected territory with Chinese at 3 sides on the other side of Himalaya for us, but a flat plain from their approach with 8-lane highways.

Now this would have been a defendable Indo-China border, our positions near impregnable... Easy to visit Kailash-Manasarovar too & overlooking their highways.
Screenshot_20211025_181217.jpg

Last edited:

gutenmorgen

Country flag
Offtopic & personal opinion... Our claim line is another of Nehru's bullshit (noone tends point that out, it was him that unilaterally formed our weird map, the original one had no demarcated borders there. I can't really fault the Chinks for not honouring it, I wouldn't in their place either.)
Aksai Chin is a piece of projected territory with Chinese at 3 sides on the other side of Himalaya for us, but a flat plain from their approach with 8-lane highways.

Now this would have been a defendable Indo-China border, our positions near impregnable... Easy to visit Kailash-Manasarovar too & overlooking their highways.
View attachment 116093
IMHO, our border with china should be at Indus and Brahmaputra rivers in Tibet(or high ground just east to them). This will ensure our sovereignty over all our waters plus no interference of china with our neighbours. Without this, or a free Tibet, no permanent peace can be achieved with china.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
IMHO, our border with china should be at Indus and Brahmaputra rivers in Tibet(or high ground just east to them). This will ensure our sovereignty over all our waters plus no interference of china with our neighbours. Without this, or a free Tibet, no permanent peace can be achieved with china.
85% of Brahmaputra water originates in India, it enters Arunachal as a narrow stream... Don't go by AajTak rhetorics 😁
Even lesser for Indus & its tributaries. Even our indus is like that, it expands once it passes into Pak.

As long as there are defendable borders, there shall be peace. Peace isn't every achieved by friendly relations. India can't even maintain friendly relation with Nepal, Bangladesh or SriLanka.

gutenmorgen

Country flag
85% of Brahmaputra water originates in India, it enters Arunachal as a narrow stream... Don't go by AajTak rhetorics 😁
Even lesser for Indus & its tributaries. Even our indus is like that, it expands once it passes into Pak.

As long as there are defendable borders, there shall be peace. Peace isn't every achieved by friendly relations. India can't even maintain friendly relation with Nepal, Bangladesh or SriLanka.
Oh I am not saying that they will be able to stop our river water or anything. I am just saying the imaginary border that I am proposing will affectively make India and China two continents that will be less suspicious of each other and can do anything (build a dam for example) in their own territory without any sort of propaganda coming from the other side and hence will probably remain peaceful for much longer.
Having more of Indus (especially from its point of origin) in our territory also serves a nationalistic prospect.
Plus this also cuts off any land borders with our neighbours, so less blackmailing from them.

Without that, even if some sort of peace is achieved, we will always have the trouble of china doing something in Nepal or Bhutan, having control over our religious places or even building dams on Brahmaputra which has the potential to affect the flow of the river. Similar reasons why peace can never be achieved with pakistan. What I am saying is that we need both geographical AND economic parity to have lasting peace. Achieving one won't prevent hostility and hence we, and Asia as a whole, will continue to be second to the west.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles