Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

vishnugupt

Country flag

Many many Congratulations to CVRDE and various DRDOs lab for not allowing IA to Kill Arjun Tank's glory but my condolences to people who work tirelessly to make Arjun a success but only managed 236 tanks order in the end.
Arjun tank is an example of what extent our Armed forces can go to kill a indigenous project in order to secure Kickback deals. Have a read few articles from the past

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Many many Congratulations to CVRDE and various DRDOs lab for not allowing IA to Kill Arjun Tank's glory but my condolences to people who work tirelessly to make Arjun a success but only managed 236 tanks order in the end.
Arjun tank is an example of what extent our Armed forces can go to kill a indigenous project in order to secure Kickback deals. Have a read few articles from the past

I too am happy today , happy for drdo and cvrde that finally thye won on this front.
Army indeed did all it could to sabotage it , but in the end arjun won.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Bleh ji, I have posted some clear image of indian amd russian t 90 tanks.
Can you tell some differences ij the gun barrel.

nWo 4 Life

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
My friend said something about this recent order, is this true?

"one big thing behind the order is, about 50 tanks from this order (need to confirm the number again) are already made, they will just be "refurbished" with "MK.1A standard upgrades" huh
so practically it is like paying crores of rupees for just fixing new stuff on it.

other big thing regd this order,

Army is practically paying for "development cost" for these tanks as it was also covered in the cost, and not going to induct further tanks in the series (this is not included in clause or anywhere else but you can call it "undisclosed terms" between various parties) as they aren't interested in it.

finally;
the price that we're paying for so called "dessert ferrarri" still contains old generation tank engine that is 1400 horsepower one while even previous generation tank was based with 1500 horsepower engine in mind
and now this tank is even more heavier than previous one,
expect lots of issues with its engine maintenance

they are saying that they have "solved" it by putting a new gearbox etc whatever but when it comes to acceleration you can't just not consider required power input at first place.

there also are lots of other things but suffice it to say this is another rojgaar skeem at its very basics.

gormint already declaring that this "order" alone would give at least 7000 people rozgaar."

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
When compared to other tanks , where does the Mk1A have deficiencies? I think it's the gun, or is there anything else too?
Bhai ji , mark 1a has no deficiency agsiant any paki or chinki tank.
Its best technologically in the subcontinent.
But it is just 118 in numbers while t 72 , they are around 2000

Chinmoy

Country flag
My friend said something about this recent order, is this true?

"one big thing behind the order is, about 50 tanks from this order (need to confirm the number again) are already made, they will just be "refurbished" with "MK.1A standard upgrades" huh
so practically it is like paying crores of rupees for just fixing new stuff on it.

other big thing regd this order,

Army is practically paying for "development cost" for these tanks as it was also covered in the cost, and not going to induct further tanks in the series (this is not included in clause or anywhere else but you can call it "undisclosed terms" between various parties) as they aren't interested in it.

finally;
the price that we're paying for so called "dessert ferrarri" still contains old generation tank engine that is 1400 horsepower one while even previous generation tank was based with 1500 horsepower engine in mind
and now this tank is even more heavier than previous one,
expect lots of issues with its engine maintenance

they are saying that they have "solved" it by putting a new gearbox etc whatever but when it comes to acceleration you can't just not consider required power input at first place.

there also are lots of other things but suffice it to say this is another rojgaar skeem at its very basics.

gormint already declaring that this "order" alone would give at least 7000 people rozgaar."
It seems your friend was smoking while putting forward this theory.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles