Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

MonaLazy

VT4 is claimed to be superior to T90 and Arjun.
Earlier they claimed the same for Al-Khalid. If AK was as claimed then why go for VT-4 at all? They also claim Kashmir. They also claim to be Arabic/Turkic. So don't take their claims too seriously!

You may see a tank, I see a rocking chair.. Can hit anything within few football field lengths of the designated target.

compare that to the superbly stabilized beast on the move spitting fire:

For even more fun Chinese mil exports read here:

"In Africa, Cameroon procured four Harbin Z-9 attack helicopters in 2015: one crashed shortly after being handed over. Kenya invested in Norinco VN4 armoured personnel carriers - vehicles that China's own sales representative declined to sit inside during a test firing. But since going ahead with the purchase regardless, sadly dozens of Kenyan personnel have been reportedly killed in those vehicles..."

Blood+

Country flag
How arjun mk1a compares to that vt4 tank , porkies have got from chene
Ok, let's see.
In terms of Armor protection (despite the weak zones) and post penetration crew survivability The MkIA beats the VT-4 hands down. Although, the VT-4 comes with the GL-5 hard-kill APS which the former lacks.
In terms of accuracy of the FCS, they should be quite comparable to each other.
In terms of mobility and main gun performance however, I'd give the edge to VT-4 for the time being.

Hope this answers your question.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Ok, let's see.
In terms of Armor protection (despite the weak zones) and post penetration crew survivability The MkIA beats the VT-4 hands down. Although, the VT-4 comes with the GL-5 hard-kill APS which the former lacks.
In terms of accuracy of the FCS, they should be quite comparable to each other.
In terms of mobility and main gun performance however, I'd give the edge to VT-4 for the time being.

Hope this answers your question.
But did the VT-4s Pakistan buy have the APS?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I'm not sure, really.
Ya'll Nibbiars there is APS seen on the Paki's MBT till now so do these dream hogwash still a reliable image or reference appears.

sorcerer

Country flag
Jaipur: Advanced version of Arjun tank hits target at Pokhran firing range | Jaipur News - Times of India

JAISALMER: Firepower demonstration of advanced version of main battle tank Arjun Mark-1 ALFA took place at Pokhran field firing range in Jaisalmer district on Friday.
Konark Corps GOC Lt Gen P S Minhas, Battle Axe Division GOC Major Gen Ajit Singh Gehlot and other senior officers were present to witness the firing capability of the tank.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Off Topic
The British have have upgraded/bought the Challenger 3 replacing there older Challenger 2 tanks. The Challenger 3 will be equipped with the new Rheinmetall 120mm L55 Smoothbore Gun with enhanced and upgraded target acquisition and communication capabilities. It also has an improved engine that can go 60mph and might be also equipped with an APS in the future. I know it is not related to Arjun directly but India’s Allies and Enemies are all improving there capabilities on the armoured front. Arjun has a lot of catching up to do especially with its Main Armament as it stands with the British upgrading there challenger tanks with German Smoothbore cannons India becomes the last and also one of major countries in the world with an MBT that uses older Rifled Gun design.

Last edited:

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Off Topic
The British have have upgraded/bought the Challenger 3 replacing there older Challenger 2 tanks. The Challenger 3 will be equipped with the new Rheinmetall 120mm L55 Smoothbore Gun with enhanced and upgraded target acquisition and communication capabilities. It also has an improved engine that can go 60mph and might be also equipped with an APS in the future. I know it is not related to Arjun directly but India’s Allies and Enemies are all improving there capabilities on the armoured front. Arjun has a lot of catching up to do especially with its Main Armament as it stands with the British upgrading there challenger tanks with German Smoothbore cannons India becomes the last and also one of major countries in the world with an MBT that uses older Rifled Gun design.

challeger 3 is just a small upgrade to the challenger 2 and they are only upgrading 149 of them.those are all the heavy armour available to the uk.so they are not going to be significant.they are finally changing their gun on the challenger 2 to the german smoothbore and giving some commonality with the european tank force.

airstrike99

Country flag

must read articles. suggested by my friend. it explains in detail, how arjun programme was being killed by the army itself just to get some russian( .....$$$...) along with t-90s.

armyofhind

Country flag

must read articles. suggested by my friend. it explains in detail, how arjun programme was being killed by the army itself just to get some russian( .....$$$...) along with t-90s.
Lol Ajai Shukla

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles