Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Likely. It could be even less than that!! 380 is in fact touching the boundaries of over-optimism but still kinda plausible.

Dude, we've seen enough of the interior of the turret to know what's up.

Not likely as he never got to take measurements from the inside of the turret!! So anything he has to say should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Any source for 380 MM claim?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Abrams has -ve 10 degrees of gun depression and still has got a much smaller mantlet so I call horse shit on that one. And besides, what stopped the designers from making the mantlet thicker so as to get more room for armor inserts??

Kunal and Sayare used to speak a lot of bullshit during their days, doesn't mean we have to believe them as the gospel.
This Abrams has this,,
Leopard has that,,,,,
So Arjun out to have,,,,, BS is too much for me,

So its obvious that , your claims are just your "claims"

KUnal did post a photo of his coller case near vision block

with dimensions of the case known ANd LOS was lot more than the "magical" 380 mm claim and well above my 580 mm deduction
SInce then he has removed the photo

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was arriving at a fixed LOS based on drawings and photos and presented an argument,

I was new then
That is not an excuse.

And I just gave a drawing , photo based dimensions argument
Which was completely off the mark by a longshot.
Not Abrams has this, Leopard has that BS
Come on, seriously??!! What's so wrong with drawing comparisons with the models that are considered to be the benchmarks for modern MBT designs all over the world??

Anyhow, since you asked, by taking the internal arrangements of the instruments, the positioning of the crew, and then extrapolating that data with the turret dimension and the size of the GMS, we can safely reach an estimated value between 350-400 mm max for the thickness of the armor section behind the GMS, so we take the median value of 380mm. It could be slightly higher (plausible but not likely) or slightly lower than that but definitely not at the level of Leopard 2A4, that's a mathematical certainty at this point.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
CVRDE didnt get GSQR from the makers of ABRAMS and LEOPARD
Hence the sentiment that those mofos who drafted the GSQR had their heads so far up their bloody @rses that they came outta their fucking mouths from the other end and they had no business being anywhere near a drawing board.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Arjun's big mantlet is army GSQR requirement,
Army wanted extra depression angle in rajasthan desert conditions
Thats why the mantlet was designed to support the needs
This too is not my statement
Kunal Biswas Ex Army's view in the old Arjun discussion pages in this thread
Guys are free to air their views anyway
I just replied to inform that this was the statement of the man who was knew the tank
Mantlet size has nothing to do with gun-depression... Try these bullshot to someone else.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Mantlet size has nothing to do with gun-depression... Try these bullshot to someone else.
Yeah, the only thing a bigger mantlet allows for is easier removal and refitting of the main gun assembly in the turret, nothing more.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
hmmm,
Thats what Kunal BIsawas said, not my claim,

SInce I am sure you are talking about stuff you dont know much about,

I am not going to drag it any further,

Try to get assistance of any 8th Std student who knows something about basic geometry lessons before calling my post "BS" .

Please enliighten us all about the purpose of mantlet and how its size has relationship with depression angels

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Hence the sentiment that those mofos who drafted the GSQR had their heads so far up their bloody @rses that they came outta their fucking mouths from the other end and they had no business being anywhere near a drawing board.
Thanks for detailing your "technical expertise" in the above post,

since your stuffed self doesnt even know class 8 basic geometry , you are entertaining us all with your "above detailed" technical expertise.

Seen much crap by trolls on this thread, wont contribute to your trash can filling effort,

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Yeah, the only thing a bigger mantlet allows for is easier removal and refitting of the main gun assembly in the turret, nothing more.
May be you are thinking that all IA tank men hv the hand size of Himalayan Yeti, so that they find smaller matlets bit intricate to handle.

This kind of " I am my own source" crap is the hall mark of a troll.

The gun barrel is fitted at the center of the mantlet,

SO smaller mantlet height means gun barrel will hit the tank front ERA at much smaller depression angles.

any sixth grade student who didnt bunk his math geometry class can understand,,

but,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
That is not an excuse.

Which was completely off the mark by a longshot.

Come on, seriously??!! What's so wrong with drawing comparisons with the models that are considered to be the benchmarks for modern MBT designs all over the world??

Anyhow, since you asked, by taking the internal arrangements of the instruments, the positioning of the crew, and then extrapolating that data with the turret dimension and the size of the GMS, we can safely reach an estimated value between 350-400 mm max for the thickness of the armor section behind the GMS, so we take the median value of 380mm. It could be slightly higher (plausible but not likely) or slightly lower than that but definitely not at the level of Leopard 2A4, that's a mathematical certainty at this point.
The BS models few trolls who posted here as that of Arjun are just fake,,,

And taking a median value based on fake models is,,,,,,, your speciality it seems,,,

SInce you dont even know the sixth grade geometry in "mantlet discussion" ,,,your "scholarly sounding" mathematical certainity is just ,,,,,, funny:rofl::rofl:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
So just 380mm protection behind the commander sights? Besides the absence of ERA in the significant front facing portion of the turret. I don't think that does any good to the protection. @Bleh had explained it in details not long ago.
You dont need to trust trolls who post widely available 3D moidels of God knows "which" tank to arrive at any LOS claculation is my pov.

beyond that I dont want to drag it,

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Isn't that exactly what I elaborated in my previous post? This machine is simply too heavy by weight and dimensions.
It was made heavy by giving such requirements. We can make an excellent tank writhing 5 years if we manage project well and involve private sectors in a big way. Let TATA make a 1500 HP engine, Let reliance defense/L & T make the chassis and Kalyani make the gun. Rest of the stuff can be managed by DODO. Take inputs from ARMATA. DRDO is already working on a system like Trophy. It has an excellent battlefield management system of Israel origin. More atomization can help a compact design even with 2 crews or at the most three. We can make that happen if we professionally manage this project. A compact tank of 50 ton weight is possible. One Israeli Expert had said that 5ton weight reduction is possible in Arjun Mk2.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I gotta stop this bitching... I'm starting to sound like the dalals. But how are people so clueless!

You'll sound like a sane guy but there will be tons of morons from here and there calling you dalal.

Never mind them as we all know humari puri daal kaali hain..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles