Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Whoa there!.. There's no need for that much self-degradation either. Just stay real.

Combat is never simplistic noe symmetrical.
Abrams is perfectly killable by Arjun's ATGM & by gun too, if you know what you're doing. Arjun wants to get into any tank engagement from either high-ground or hull down, to hide its lower glacis & not engage the tank directly infront of you but the ones at an angle. War is a team game, not duel.

View attachment 80315
At any high angle shot you have guaranteed mobility kill on an both Abrams & Leopard2. Arjun may be accurate enough to actually hit the turret ring gap & kill the whole crew.
No hard feelings for Arjun. I am sure the Abrams would have better turret stability and positioning than the Arjun. Arjun will not have an upper hand against it as it had with T-90 during the desert trials. I would be happy to be told that I am wrong though. Am I?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
turret stability and positioning
From yours part I think you are... Read, think & understand what I meant. See why ai shared that photo.

Even from the front, if Arjun's shot lands accurately, it'll hit the gap between turret cheek & lower front-plate. All of it is penetrable by Arjun & will kill multiple.

I'm not even considering a flank shot.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
You are... Read, think, see how & why.

Even from the front, if Arjun's shot lands accurately, it'll hit the gap between turret cheek & lower front-plate. All of it is penetrable by Arjun & will kill multiple.

I'm not even considering a flank shot.
I wasn't referring to a dual but a trial like how we had with the T-90's. Do you think Arjun would emerge a winner?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I wasn't referring to a dual but a trial like how we had with the T-90's. Do you think Arjun would emerge a winner?
Comparative trial?.. Depends on the grounds.

• They have same cross-country speed.
  • Arjun may have better acceleration when the 1500hp engine is available.
  • Arjun can negotiate better gradient.
  • Abrams has quieter engines.

• Abrams definitely has better FSAPDS.
  • Arjun has ATGM & more variety of rounds.
  • Abrams has a huge ready-rack allowing quick reload for long time, Arjun only 10.
  • FCS, hunter-killer should be comparable.

• Abrams definitely has much better armour layout, but less effective against one that is accurate enough to hit its infamous turret-ring gap.
  • Arjun has better post penetration survivability.
  • Latrst Abrams will shortly have Trophy APS, Arjun already has a soft-kill but good enough to render it ambush proof.
  • Arjun has mobile camouflage system, while Abrams engines generate greater heat signature.
@ArgonPrime add.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
He has now a personal vendatta against arjun and also mocks it in some other video too.both of them just does not cover any good points and tries put mud on others.
Typical white trash, what more can you expect from such waste of biomass?? But I was referring to his initial video which gave rise to this mud-slinging contest.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This Arjun 1A has become a killer tank with high protection, fire power and speed. It is the only one in the world which can face up to US Abraham tank.
I'd definitely want to know the shit you've been smoking, bruv, appears to be one hell of a party.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
will trophy aps make a big difference in compensating the lack of armour
Armour is last a ditch option if you fuck up!
1st all operational arjun need mobile camouflage drapings, our hard-kill APS & a mounted drone jammer, see-through armour with cams on all sides, recon-drones synced with its BMS & that OFB ground-penetrating radar to detect IED (last two from Yuktirath MPV)... And finally a bloody IIR/MMW CLGM, why the fuck would you use a laser-homing & give away your position!?

I'd definitely want to know the shit you've been smoking, bruv, appears to be one hell of a party.
Couldn't just ignore him could you. 🙃

SARTHAK

Country flag
Armour is last ditch option.... 1st all operational arjun need mobile camouflage system, a hard-kill APS & drone jammer, see-through armour with cams on all sides, recon-drones synced with its BMS & that OFB ground-penetrating radar to detect IED (last two on Yuktirath MPV).

Couldn't just ignore him could you. 🙃
will mk1a improve further till the 1st production model is made

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
there is a lot of time
Changes are decided before order... Maybe the 1500hp engine will be cleared in the meantime, or the ERA on the right be altered (mentioned in old post). But that had already been decided.

Of course the Mark1A that was symbolically handed over is a 5-6 year old machine.

Akula

Country flag
"alpha defense" is a fanboy, exaggerates because of desi-made pride. "red effect" is russian maal fanboy, and is bitter because we called T90 worse than Arjun, also both of them are on very childish youtube video war against each other.

Also "red effect" twists facts in his favor to show Arjun in a bad light, and at this point he just has developed an personal enmity against Arjun.
The video he made on Type-15 tank, he intentionally mentioned Arjun. In most of his videos he brings Arjun in the middle.

Akula

Country flag
Changes are decided before order... Maybe the 1500hp engine will be cleared in the meantime, or the ERA on the right be altered (mentioned in old post). But that had already been decided.

Of course the Mark1A that was symbolically handed over is a 5-6 year old machine.
Only one prototype of Arjun mk1A was made.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Bleh did a great job explaining the details and scenarios, but still, I'd like to throw in my two cents in there. So without any further ado, let's jump into it.
Comparative trial?.. Depends on the grounds.

• They have same cross-country speed.
MkI, perhaps but not the MkIA, and definitely not with the mine plow attached due to reduced power-weight ratio.
  • Arjun may have better acceleration when the 1500hp engine is available.
Debatable, as gas turbine engines generally accelerate faster than their diesel counterparts.
  • Arjun can negotiate better gradient.
To an extent, yes.
  • Abrams has quieter engines.
Very true.
  • Abrams definitely has better FSAPDS.
Understatement.
  • Arjun has ATGM & more variety of rounds.
But do they even need ATGMs, much less a semi-active laser homing one?? I'm not so sure. And besides, they don't need more types of ammunition since their programmable HE rounds can perform those tasks. It's got air burst mode to deal with infantry in the open, it can work as a regular HE round with point detonation mode for taking out field-fortifications/ buildings and a delayed detonation mode for taking out reinforced concrete pillboxes, which in my opinion, is a better option than having to carry multiple types of ammunition for different roles.
  • Abrams has a huge ready-rack allowing quick reload for long time, Arjun only 10.
Very true.
  • FCS, hunter-killer should be comparable.
I think the FCS in M1A2SEPV2 does not come with an automatic target tracking feature but I can be wrong.
  • Abrams definitely has much better armour layout, but less effective against one that is accurate enough to hit its infamous turret-ring gap.
True but one would have to be incredibly lucky to pull it off, especially at a distance.
  • Arjun has better post penetration survivability.
There is a little nuance to it. Arjuns will have better post penetration survivability if the Abrams' hull stowage is loaded up with ammo as it does not come with a blowout panel but if they leave it empty, then I would rate Abrams slightly higher in this regard.
  • Latrst Abrams will shortly have Trophy APS, Arjun already has a soft-kill but good enough to render it ambush proof.
I would say highly resistant to an enemy ambush but I get your idea.

@ArgonPrime add.

SARTHAK

Country flag
@Bleh did a great job explaining the details and scenarios, but still, I'd like to throw in my two cents in there. So without any further ado, let's jump into it.

MkI, perhaps but not the MkIA, and definitely not with the mine plow attached due to reduced power-weight ratio.

Debatable, as gas turbine engines generally accelerate faster than their diesel counterparts.

To an extent, yes.

Very true.

Understatement.

But do they even need ATGMs, much less a semi-active laser homing one?? I'm not so sure. And besides, they don't need more types of ammunition since their programmable HE rounds can perform those tasks. It's got air burst mode to deal with infantry in the open, it can work as a regular HE round with point detonation mode for taking out field-fortifications/ buildings and a delayed detonation mode for taking out reinforced concrete pillboxes, which in my opinion, is a better option than having to carry multiple types of ammunition for different roles.

Very true.

I think the FCS in M1A2SEPV2 does not come with an automatic target tracking feature but I can be wrong.
True but one would have to be incredibly lucky to pull it off, especially at a distance.

There is a little nuance to it. Arjuns will have better post penetration survivability if the Abrams' hull stowage is loaded up with ammo as it does not come with a blowout panel but if they leave it empty, then I would rate Abrams slightly higher in this regard.

I would say highly resistant to an enemy ambush but I get your idea.

@ArgonPrime add.
thanks you i learnt something about arjun

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles