Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

bose

Country flag
the expression 'r/whoosh' fits you like a condom. As I had come to suspect, a classic case of basic comprehension disability, pretty common among the bong population from what I've observed through my interaction with them.
Please desist from making racist comments on certain community !!

@tarunraju

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
My point was, you can not quad stack anyway because you want to put an autoloader, so it's a moot point!!
And besides, I did say the turret would have to be made taller (by at least 30 cms to make room for the conveyor belt mechanism and the automatic rammer)
Quad stacking was never an option.

The turret of Type-90 is of similar height as Arjun's & stacks 22 rounds in 2 layers with autoloader. The belt-units has the diameter as container capsules (You can check those online).
Arjun is wider, so I guessed 24 will be possible to fit in Arjun.

So, where does Abrams-like turret bustle apply?.. And what scaling down were you talking about.
What racist comment?? Did I say anything about their physical traits or anything?? Stop being such a little snowflake, will ya?? And by the way, where were you when it was the fashion in this very forum to bash you, folks?? I was pretty much the only one who defended you guys and many here still continue to believe I'm a bong myself as a result!!
Now I'm curious... Khottua or not

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Quad stacking was never an option.
Neither I ever claimed it was, you're the one who made the big fuss about it!!
The turret of Type-90 is of similar height as Arjun's & stacks 22 rounds in 2 layers with autoloader. The belt-units has the diameter as container capsules (You can check those online).
Yes, I know and 30 cm height increase will serve our need just fine.
Arjun is wider, so I'm guess 24 will be possible to fit in Arjun.
It'd have to be made narrower in order to keep the resultant weight increase from the hight augmentation to the minimum. 22 rounds in the autoloader will be more than sufficient.

So, where does Abrams-like turret bustle apply?
Whereever you wanna apply it.
Now I'm curious... Khottua or not?
Nah, guess again. Lemme give you a hint - try moving more north.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Whereever you wanna apply it.
Elaborate... Especially your scaling down comment! What's that supposed to mean?.. I'm making more renders. New ideas are welcome.
Nah, guess again.
Let's see... Bengali think Bihari as pests who are filling our state & Biharis hate us for it.
Ohoms & Kannadas think Bengali are pests that are filling their states & hate us for it (Kannadas are usually more passive aggressive though).
Odias are still salty about losing ownership of Rosogolla.
The we got Nepalis of GorkhaTA who are not a big fan either.
Then there are Punjabis, Haryanvis & UPwalas who hate everyone without any particular reason... Ok i give up.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Elaborate! What's that supposed to mean?.. I'm making more renders. New ideas are welcome.
Dude, of course, you would need to put it in the back, where else??!! But make the turret design 30 cms taller than the existing one and make it narrower as well in your render.
Let's see Bengali think Bihari as pests who are filling the state & Bihari hate us m8 for it.
Ohoms & Kannadas think Bengali are pests that are filling Bangalore & hate us for it. Odias are still salty about losing ownership of Rosogolla.
Then there are Punjabis, Haryanvis & UPwalas who hate everyone without any particular reason... Ok i give up.
It's Uttarakhand. And I don't hate anyone, hate is a pretty strong word as far as I'm concerned. I was just making a generalized observation, really. We have got a significant Bengali diaspora here and from what I've seen they are good folks but just way too stubborn and boneheaded, emotional, and argumentative.

But then again, I guess you could attribute these very traits to all Indian ethnicities to varying degrees. Perhaps it's just I who is the odd one out. I've always been more aloof, dispassionate, and emotionally detached.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...But make the turret design 30 cms taller than the existing one and make it narrower as well in your render.
I got that part.. Why tho?.. Why not a 22-24 round turret-bustle autoloader & get rid of loader in favour of much smaller Type-90 sized turret? That'd also allow T-72 trios to switch to it easily.

Instead of this?
Bad idea, I would rather blatantly copy the turret design of M1A2 Abrams and be done with it,

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I got that part.. Why tho?.. Why not a 22-24 round turret-bustle autoloader & get rid of loader in favour of much smaller Type-90 sized turret? That'd also allow T-72 trios to switch to it easily.

Instead of this?
Two reasons.

1. I don't like the armor layout of the Japanese tank, like at all.

2. We would need to field this tank along our northern borders, which means, it would have to have more gun depression and the current 8 degrees simply won't cut it. And we can't do that without raising the height of the turret.

And do get rid of the loader if you must, I'd not object. We could use him for increased situational awareness but maybe we can do without him.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Two reasons.

1. I don't like the armor layout of the Japanese tank, like at all.

2. We would need to field this tank along our northern borders, which means, it would have to have more gun depression and the current 8 degrees simply won't cut it. And we can't do that without raising the height of the turret.

And do get rid of the loader if you must, I'd not object. We could use him for increased situational awareness but maybe we can do without him.
Welp. Thats basically same as that FMBT turret on Arjun hull (it's ofcourse 3-man turret).

Similar to french Leclerc & their T-72 turret upgrade. Raised roof over the gun & lower elsewhere. I'm modifying this turret to match that (like moving the gunner-sight). Then I'll superimpose it on an Arjun model.
t_72_t21_by_stealthflanker_by_tk3d_d8pi3sx-fullview.jpg

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Welp. Thats basically same as that FMBT turret on Arjun hull (it's ofcourse 3-man turret).

Similar to french Leclerc & their T-72 turret upgrade. Raised roof over the gun & lower elsewhere. I'm modifying this turret to match that (like moving the gunner-sight). Then I'll superimpose it on an Arjun model.
View attachment 59622
Yeah, yeah, that's actually a great idea. Make it a smaller, 2 manned version of the Abrams turret, retain its armor layout, add a raised section upon the roof just above the gun and make the hull smaller with 6 road wheels.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Oh and I think our guys at the ARDE should look into the combustion light gas gun system, it's really promising idea which can revolutionize tank-tank combat.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yeah, yeah, that's actually a great idea. Make it a smaller, 2 manned version of the Abrams turret, retain its armor layout, add a raised section upon the roof just above the gun and make the hull smaller with 6 road wheels.
Looks more like this than Abrams
IMG_20200919_135904.png
. Not skilled enough to screw with Arjun's hull.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Bloody right I am, why wouldn't I be?? It's the best MBT anywhere in the world in terms of sheer versatility
Except for the gas guzzling chopper turbine of an engine ? Or have they now replaced them with conventional diesel ICEs ?

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Except for the gas guzzling chopper turbine of an engine ? Or have they now replaced them with conventional diesel ICEs ?
Nah, they are still using the gas guzzler as far as I know. But we can do with a diesel engine, preferably a smaller, lighter 1500 bhp rated one.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yeah, too big for its own good.
Especially the engine block & the turret... the gunner-sight placement at front would actually allow upto 13-14° gun depression which, if available, would largely mitigate the size issue as long as undulated desert/hilly terrain is well utilised.

But only +20°-9° won't do...
IMG_20200922_190649.jpg

That^ much even roof-mounted sights can handle whole not being a weak spot.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Especially the engine block & the turret... the gunner-sight placement at front would actually allow upto 13-14° gun depression which, if available, would largely mitigate the size issue as long as undulated desert/hilly terrain is well utilised.
At this point, it's a pretty much established fact that its turret geometry plain sucks balls. It's got amateur written all over it.
But only +20°-9° won't do...
View attachment 59928
That^ much even roof-mounted sights can handle whole not being a weak spot.
It's actually slightly worse than that, -8 deg to be precise.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
At this point, it's a pretty much established fact that its turret geometry plain sucks balls. It's got amateur written all over it.
This was copied from Leopard2. The Germans were certainly no amateurs & they still haven't changed it!.. I have a theory about this.
IMG_20200922_195303.jpg

The magenta line is -15° representing max possible gun depression. Only if the gunner-sight is placed on the front can it look down at such angle (blue). If it were on the top it would only be able to look down -10° (green)... Now that the design issue exists they might as well make the most of it!

At that angle, standing in a dip in ground or against a ridge, not only very little of it will be visible but any penetration would actually go out of the roof.
I'm not sure why nobody cares about the gun-mantle though. Leopard, Leclerc, even T-90 has the centre of silhouette left thin. Otherwise not that much of weak spots compared to T-XX.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles