Argentina light fighter jet contract

IBSA

Country flag
1631926654482.png

Argentina intends to purchase 12 JF-17A Block III fighters from Pakistan according to a draft budget presented to the nations congress.
Open Source Intelligence account @PSFAERO uncovered the news earlier today. He tweeted the following:

“ARGENTINA SELECTS PAKISTAN’S THUNDER JET – The Government of Argentina has officially included $664 Million in funding for the purchase of 12 PAC JF-17A Block III fighters from Pakistan in a draft budget for 2022 presented to its Parliament.”

The two nations have had friendly relations for a while, Argentina has been part of the consensus in favor of the resolution put forward by Pakistan on the right to self-determination which is debated annually at the General Assembly of the United Nations.

Pakistan has voted in favor of the UN Resolution stipulating that “the continued existence of colonialism is incompatible with the ideal of universal peace held by the United Nations”, which has relevance for the Falklands Islands issue. The chair of the Pakistan Senate has said of the relationship that “Pakistan and Argentina have very close cooperation in various fields and unanimity of views on international issues”.

What is the JF-17?
The JF-17 Thunder is a single-engine multi-role combat aircraft developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation of China. The builders say that the JF-17 can be used for multiple roles, including interception, ground attack, anti-ship, and aerial reconnaissance.

58% of the JF-17 airframe, including its front fuselage, wings, and vertical stabiliser, is produced in Pakistan, whereas 42% is produced in China, with the final assembly taking place in Pakistan.

You can read more about the jet here.

Didn’t Argentina try and buy new jets recently?
Yes, the nation has attempted to buy jets a number of time from various places witht he deals being stopped due to lack of funds or British objections. Most recently last year, Britain blocked the sale of South Korean fighter jets to Argentina.

The Argentine Defence Minister described the move as British “imperial pride” before posting “Malvinas Argentinas” on Twitter.

You can read more about that here.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/arg...5bqtT95qDNmO3hAYKgWOXQBCsQEMcELEY7zeSq8BFDoYs

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You are taking all the credit away from porkis lol.
Although the design and design are mainly designed by China, Pakistan is responsible for external sales, and the revenue is divided equally. Pakistan is responsible for the final assembly and manufacturing of some low-tech equipment, so that Pakistan has also established its own aviation industry.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Didn’t Argentina try and buy new jets recently?
Yes, the nation has attempted to buy jets a number of time from various places witht he deals being stopped due to lack of funds or British objections. Most recently last year, Britain blocked the sale of South Korean fighter jets to Argentina.
This explains everything. China has become the new Soviet Union, selling infirior junk to poor & rogue regimes. Soviet Union used to bribe local leadership in these types of rogue regimes to sell their hardware. China might also be doing the same thing.

I won't be surprised if in future they decide to "sell" their junk to Taliban as well.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Argentina will become a joke if it buys this jet.
I don't see how
It fits perfectly into their opsecs
It's cheap and affordable, capable enough to get their job done
Also, any Western fighter, or even Tejas (which has Western and Israeli components) wouldn't sell there, The Martin Baker seat alone would be enough to get the Brits out of their tea sipping routine

HawkisRight

Country flag
This explains everything. China has become the new Soviet Union, selling infirior junk to poor & rogue regimes. Soviet Union used to bribe local leadership in these types of rogue regimes to sell their hardware. China might also be doing the same thing.

I won't be surprised if in future they decide to "sell" their junk to Taliban as well.
Biradar we r d largest holder of "Soviet junk" after Russia and China... Anyway this sale of jadeed tayyara to Argentina will make britfag and porki relationship more spicy

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Already bought, the performance is good, the price is reasonable, similar to F16
Lol wutt?
Which F-16 are we talking about???
I wouldn't compare the JF17 to F16s, the newer F-21s are miles ahead of anything China can offer (in exports atleast)

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't see how
It fits perfectly into their opsecs
It's cheap and affordable, capable enough to get their job done
Also, any Western fighter, or even Tejas (which has Western and Israeli components) wouldn't sell there, The Martin Baker seat alone would be enough to get the Brits out of their tea sipping routine
Imagine this junk flying over ocean lol I hope argentina is not like porkis who can hide the whole crash including pilot.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Biradar we r d largest holder of "Soviet junk" after Russia and China... Anyway this sale of jadeed tayyara to Argentina will make britfag and porki relationship more spicy
Exactly why I said poor regimes. Weren't we dirt poor until like late 90s.

Lol wutt?
Which F-16 are we talking about???
I wouldn't compare the JF17 to F16s, the newer F-21s are miles ahead of anything China can offer (in exports atleast)
JF17 is better than F16s. JF17 is a 4.99++ gen fighter. Infact it's on the same level as F35 and Rafeeel.

(PDF logic)
Imagine this junk flying over ocean lol I hope argentina is not like porkis who can hide the whole crash including pilot.
In all seriousness Argentina doesn't have much choice. For them its either this Chinki Jet or no Jet.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
There may be a problem with my expression. I mean that JF17 and F16 have a good price/performance ratio. Will India still import F16V?
F16V is no-no for India
It is a zoo as it is

As to JF17 price/performance ratio, Lockheed Martin has an after sales support clause in their JV deal, which essentially means the aircraft will be pampered and taken care of,
The JF17s in Argentina, we will see, if it succeeds, it's a hue achievement for China

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Pakistan is responsible for the export of JF17, we only provide some technical consultation for buyers

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Why the twitter handle is saying they rejected Tejas? Did we even offer them considering British objections? Also I dont think US offered any of their jets either.
In Tejas ejection seats, nose cone, A2A probe are made by British companies. There is no way Tejas was even considered for sale to Argentina.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F16V is no-no for India
It is a zoo as it is

As to JF17 price/performance ratio, Lockheed Martin has an after sales support clause in their JV deal, which essentially means the aircraft will be pampered and taken care of,
The JF17s in Argentina, we will see, if it succeeds, it's a hue achievement for China
Is it because Pakistan is equipped with F16 or will the United States have political requirements?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles