Archaeological Remains of Ancient India

Vamsi

Country flag
Huge hoard of copper weapons and items found in Mainpuri. Estimated to be around 4k years old i.e. similar age as the Sinauli finings. Adds to evidence that Gangetic plains had a developed civilization contemporary to Harappan. It was a warrior culture
https://t.co/GHG2LfXCW5

Few days ago I read that Gangetic culture predates Harappan

SKC

Country flag
@asaffronladoftherisingsun
=======
Hastinapur: Archaeology of the Mahabharata

I visited Hastinapur around 8-9 yr back. There were a lot of archeological sites which were closed. Local people mentioned that there full on old time things beneath the current land surface but all was hidden and access was blocked at almost all the sites.
The reason was mostly given as "Shantipriye Samudaye ki bhavanaye ahat hongi"

If we do some serious digging in and around Hastinapur we will complete old cities mentioned in Mahabharat.

The current city is kind of hijacked by the Jain community who built so many of their temples and made the city as their pilgrimage,

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I visited Hastinapur around 8-9 yr back. There were a lot of archeological sites which were closed. Local people mentioned that there full on old time things beneath the current land surface but all was hidden and access was blocked at almost all the sites.
The reason was mostly given as "Shantipriye Samudaye ki bhavanaye ahat hongi"

If we do some serious digging in and around Hastinapur we will complete old cities mentioned in Mahabharat.

The current city is kind of hijacked by the Jain community who built so many of their temples and made the city as their pilgrimage,
My memory is rusty, but IIRC, BB Lal proved that the current hastinapur citadel is likely to be the one mentioned in the mahabharata, because the mahabharata mentions the destruction of hastinapur in a major flood and there are massive flood erosion marks on the citadel - of course, there can be more than 1 flood and more than 1 citadel.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
often one comes across this statement "couldn't believe that old civilisations were able to do so many things despite of not having technological know how", not just in the west but now a days in India as well. i suppose this is a version of "othering". this notion is a derivative of western "modernity" argument, atleast in India this modern vs non-modern binary needs to be negated.

the older generations without having the supposed "modern technologies" lived a more wholesome life, those who were fit and managed to live, lived a lot longer than modern generations. they lived in harmony with nature. older generations seem to have lived a whole some life than us.

Last edited:

Varoon2

Country flag
Nah! He is mixing Pseudo science with our Archeology.
He says enough that is good, positive and credible, to more than offset the outlandish things he states or alludes to.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles