Arab world rocked by torture video involving UAE sheikh

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Arab world rocked by torture video involving UAE sheikh

Tags: World
A video recently smuggled out of the United Arab Emirates shows a member of the country’s royal family torturing a man so cruelly that the U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is now under pressure to investigate and take action. The footage, obtained by ABC News, shows Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al Nahyan, brother of the country’s crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed, stuffing sand down the man’s throat, shocking him with an electric cattle prod and, at one point, dousing the man’s testicles in lighter fluid and setting them aflame. The victim—who is held down through much of the video by a man in police uniform—has been identified as Mohammed Shah Poor, who the Sheikh accused of short changing on a grain delivery to his royal ranch on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi. Near the end of the video the victim is shown being run over by the sheikh who is driving an SUV, the sound of bones cracking can be heard. The UAE government has claimed the torture is not part of a patter involving Sheikh Issa, and that the matter is being settled privately: “By agreeing not to bring formal charges against each other, i.e., theft on the one hand and assault on the other hand,” a spokesman said. But in Washington, the co-chairman of the House Human Rights Commission, Rep. James McGovern, is demanding that Clinton temporarily stop any “funds, training, sales or transfers of equipment or technology, including nuclear” to the UAE until an investigation is completed.
Arab world rocked by torture video involving UAEsheikh - Need to know - Macleans.ca

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
They're Arabs... I'm shocked, but not surprised to see something like this come out of there... They are extremely "crude" and "uncouth" people...

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
The Islamic world claims great horror at the treatment meted out to terrorists in the Guatemala bay.

Let's say what they have to say about this horror which is a daily occurrence in the Arab world. They are treating the South Asians who build the Arab world worse than slaves.

I feel like nuking these bast....

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Thats why the Islamic world is fighting these tyrants. Do u know why Alqaeda was formed. To get rid of these shaikhs. US is supporting these HZ

Pintu

This is a ghastly committed crime, they are criminals, and this is crime against humanity where are the human right groups, and western media, now, it is to be seen what their reactions are.

Regards

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Thats why the Islamic world is fighting these tyrants. Do u know why Alqaeda was formed. To get rid of these shaikhs. US is supporting these HZ
Really? Then why have we seen so few Shaikhs murders by AQ and so many civilians who happen to be mainly Muslims.

US may be supporting these scum but does it change anything?

johnee

really?!!
then why is there no suicide blasts on sheikhs by AQ(al qaeda)? why are there no 9/11 kinda attacks planned on sheikhs by AQ? why is jihad announced only on kufr when the dear sheikhs are not any better in the view of AQ?

anyway, when you blame US for supporting sheikhs, I hope you remember that the same US also supports your country. without US' support your country and its economy would have drowned by now.
EDITED.
be grateful to the generous US which continues to support you with aid and equipment.

lastly, I didnt understand the word 'Islamic World'. wat do you mean by that?
AFAIK, there is no islamic world that is fighting sheiks. infact, it is the sheikhs that are the corner stone of any islamic world. so, plz explain wat 'islamic world' are you referring to and how is it fighting sheiks.

Su-47

The Al Qaeda and Taliban also support this kind inhuman torture. They put the guys at Guantanamo to shame.

If anyone wants to enroll for Bachelor of Inhumanities, they should apply to Al Qaeda University of Torture. The world's leading torture experts!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
"Mohammad Shahpoor" sounds Iranian/Persian aka Shia most definetly.

Sailor

Every time some ghastly crime like this is made public anywhere in the world, why is it that the US is always immediately singled out for blame like they were doing the torturing?

I guess it is an easy question to answer. The United States is propping up virtually every shaky regime in the world financially, trying to drag them into the 21st century. This to their own detriment. So if they are everywhere, they are always in the places where the bad stuff happens too.
It must be their fault.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
YouTube - Torture Tape Implicates UAE Royal Sheikh

i am not very sure why the outrage at what has happened in this video, these sheiks have been doing this for centuries and still continue to do it day in and day out. is it because we are living in much saner society where we respect human rights and it is hard for us to see what is happening in that part of the world, well the truth of the matter is that's what happens when democracy is looked down upon, where sheiks are equated with mohammad and all that they do is the will of mohammad. medieval era society with medieval era laws and what else can one expect, at least i never expected anything better. this is just one of the hundreds and thousands of such incidents that happen in this part of the world every year.

thank GOD we have not seen people being stoned to death, imagine how gruesome that would be with flesh torn apart and “humans” still stoning some one who has little or no life left. for those who missed out on the Dark Side of Dubai need to go to that link and have a complete read of what happens in these so called very modern societies.

the only difference between them and al qaida and taliban is that they have built institutions through which you and i can benefit and then they have the oil and gas which runs our day to day lives but there is no such thing with the latter and so the latter are seen as a cancer to the society. they are all the same the only difference is the packaging is different and so the perceptions developed are different. al qaida and taliban are an extention of these very people, its just that it gets a little difficult for us to accept this fact other wise there is no difference between any of them.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Ghastly images. The man is a psychopath.

There is no dearth of them in the God forsaken desert. Never has been, never will be.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
These are gut wrenching acts done by this hopeless sh!tty Arab. I wish he dies in hell. As usual, this will get buried because he belongs to royal family.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
and as a consequence common abduls of your country like yourself would have been on street.
you pakistani ppl should be grateful to the generous US which continues to support you with aid and equipment.
Johnee, mind your language. Argue don't Lecture. No ad hominem attacks or slurs. - SINGH

rock45

Founding Member/ RIP our friend
Taught us

Hi Sailor
Sailor
I guess it is an easy question to answer. The United States is propping up virtually every shaky regime in the world financially, trying to drag them into the 21st century. This to their own detriment. So if they are everywhere, they are always in the places where the bad stuff happens too.
It must be their fault.
I grant you we the US does step in shit a lot and sometimes we don't even look where were walking but it was the English and French who taught us and show us how its done.

More then half the worlds economy is based on these oil producing countries as sad as that is and there's no two ways around that. You do make a point the US gets blamed for a lot, isn't "BP" and French's "Total" heavily involved in the UAE & Kuwait as well? No sense on putting the blame on anybody else why these shit holes are in control when you can blame the Americans. I'm use to it most of the time sometimes it bothers me.

Makes me sick how we kiss there asses sometimes.

If the US pulled completely out of the Gulf and let the crazies kill each other and did nothing the world's and mainly the European economies crashed, we would get blame for that to. We didn't help enough or the planets didn't line up or something.

I wonder what this region would be like without oil and gas, oh well.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles