Applications for NEW DFI moderators

A.V.

DFI has always given a fair say to all its members in matter of forum management inline with it we are taking another step for our members that they will cherish
this thread is for all those DFI members who would like to apply for the post of moderator/section moderator on the forum.
ALL dfi members are allowed to apply for the post irrespective of NATIONALITIES
the choice will be made by the dfi staff team together with the dfi star members.
PLEASE READ THE FULL POINTS MENTIONED BELOW BEFORE YOU APPLY , if you fail to answer all the queries in your post your application will be rejected.

THE THREAD IS OPEN FOR A WEEK PLEASE APPLY WITHING THAT PERIOD LATE APPLICATIONS DO NOT COUNT

points that you must mention in your application--

1. your username o DFI
2. HOW and WHEN you registered on DFI?
3. ANY previous experience of moderating a forum
4. your time zone and when are you most active on DFI?
5. how many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job?
6. why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit
7. if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want to moderate and why?

criteria

selection will be based on some parameters which can be of help to you

1. your seniority on dfi < means the longer you are here reflected by not the joining date but by activity and number of posts >
2. your time zone < we would prefer usa/canada/australian time zone members>
3. how dedicated you are towards dfi and how you might hep the forum

SO all DFI MEMBERS you are welcome to apply freely any queries please pm the staff.

cheers to all the future staff

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
username on DFI: - F-14

HOW and WHEN you registered on DFI? :- I registered on DFI due to a mail that i recived from Ritish Thakur I registed at DFI on 4/20/09 at 5:34 PM AST(Arabian Standard Time )

ANY previous experience of moderating a forum:- I had been on the Mod team of Indian Defence fourm from april of 2005 to december of 2008

your time zone and when are you most active on DFI?:- GMT+40:00 Abu Dhabi, Muscut from 9:00AM AST(Arabian Standard Time ) to 11:00 PM AST(Arabian Standard Time )

how many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job?

15Hrs Per week

why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit

To take on the Challange that comes with moderation and to work with a highly competent Admin/mod and Star team

if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want to moderate and why?

I would like to take Military avation as my selective Moderation section due to the fact that I am very much passionate about all things connected to military avation

Vladimir79

Professional
1. your username o DFI

Vladimir79

How, I was looking for a forum with intelligent people and came across DFI. When, 3 months ago.

I am administrator of a forum. Russian Military Forum.

Russian Military Forum

Time zone, GMT +7... most active when not sleeping. I am online most of the day including work hours.

Considering I am on and off the net for a total of 6 hours every day, probably 42.

6. why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit

My forum is dead and I really like participating in active forums with good people.

7. if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want to moderate and why?

Asean And The Fareast -- I worked there for over a year. As a Russian I keep a close eye on them and know much about the Sino-Russo relationship.

Strategy and Tactics -- As a combat vet, I think I have alot to offer. Dagestan campaign, 2nd Chechen War and a tour in KFOR.

Nato, America & Russia -- Russia, need I say more? If so, I also worked as a procurement officer in Slovak MoD, they are NATO... sort of.

Israel, Iran and The Middle East -- I worked in Iran and Dubai for two years. I also spent two years on IDF breaking down the Middle East.

criteria

1. your seniority on dfi

I have no seniority, but I am active as of late and will remain so as long as the discussions are good.

Can't help that, but I am active when the Aussies are getting online, not to mention Chinese.

Considering I work in the Russian defence complex, and given our close relationship with India, I can't think of anyone better with insight into the workings of the machines and politics of that arrangement.

My bio...

Was born in 1979 in Slovak SSR to Russian father managing Soviet arms factory. Moved to Moskva on his transfer in 81'. Grew up there until father died in and lived with mother and aunt in Sankt Peterburg, then named Leningrad, until fall of CCCP. Moved back to Moskva and entered Suvorov Military School graduating in 96'. I was conscripted in the Army in 97' and completed requirements for desantura VDV. My enlistment was up right before the invasion of Dagestan but singed the contract as sergeant. I served in three campaigns in Dagestan and Chechnya from 99-2000. I served in 1140 artpolk 77th Guards Pskov division APPT rota h/45266 attached to the 104th Red Banner Guards and heroes of hill 776. I did not take part in the epic battle as was tasked to ambushing supply convoys but did our part. We stopped Chechen outbreak during battle of Komsomolskoye when they tried to escape up river into our cordon. I then served 6 months in KFOR detachment maintaining peace between Serbs and Schiptars. I left the Army in 2000 and entered Moskva State University. Upon a year of study my grades were good enough to study abroad in UK. After enjoying my term I transferred to school and finished my tripos there in International Business. Upon graduation, I found my first employment at British Steel as a contract analyst, which was shortly bought out by Tatra Steel. I received my first taste of Indian management and shortly left back for home. I was hired by OM3's contract office where I quickly made it up the ranks to negotiator. With this position I travelled all over the world selling steel and heavy machine items. Some notable projects are steel contracts in Abu Dubai, Bushehr nuklear plant, and various Western Chinese pipelines. Working with the Emiratis was a big change seeing how Indians at Tatra live and Indians working in overseas construction... two different worlds m8. Seeing how the Chinese in the West live isn't much different... exploitation. Once Gazprom took over OM3 they eventually cut my job so I found a year contract position for Slovak MoD procurement officer. Since I still had dual citizenship and spoke Russian/English/Slovak they couldn't find a better fit for someone to find spare parts for their rusting Soviet junk. I did that till the start of this year. While I was there I picked up a lovely Czech wife who was crazy for all things Russian. We moved back to Sainkt Peterburg with my aunt for a short time until a found a job at Motohvilika analysing contracts for oil-drilling and the state defence order. I hope soon to become negotiator so I can do what I love most... international travel!

Pintu

My Username on DFI: Pintu

HOW and WHEN you registered on DFI?: on 22nd of March, 2009 , I have received email from Dear Avi(A.V. , Invincible previously) , respected Administrator of this very beautiful forum, inviting me to join this beautiful forum, Defence Forum of India, I have joined the forum, 9:17 PM on 22nd of March, 2009.(http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/me...56-hi-pintu-joining-idf-ndr-joining-here.html)

ANY previous experience of moderating a forum: I have no previous experience of moderating in a Forum, but I have been exposed to the beautiful world of forum, I was a member of Indian Defence Forum over a year and until it was off the air, and also an active member of NDR [New Delhi Review](both of the respected forums many great members and moderators and administrators glorified the forum) also I am currently member in many respected defence related of forums respecting different nations and non defence related forum of India .

your time zone and when are you most active on DFI?: (GMT+ 5:30 Allahabad , IST ) from 5:00AM IST(Indian Standard Time ) to 8:00 AM IST(Indian Standard Time), and 6:00 PM IST- 3 AM IST (Indian Standard Time).

how many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job?

8 x 7 hrs. = 56 hrs. to 12 x 7 = 84 hrs., 7 days in a week.

why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit

The challenge of Moderation lies in dedication for the well being of forum, and it is a great honour in working with the personalities who enlighten the seat of respected Moderators , Super Moderators, Administrators , Hon'ble Military Professionals and respected DFI Star members. I am member of DFI Team , in which I feel really Honoured to work with great members who by their dedication, working tireless in continuous improvement of the forum and valuable experience I have gained from them which teaches me : Real Satisfaction of Moderation lies where not only desisting the evil infiltrating in the healthy environment of the forum , but also nurturing beautiful quality of a respected member and guide him / her in a proper way where he / she can really became an integral part of the forum sans any colour, religion , caste , creed , gender, geo political boundary.and in time of duty nothing can stop me performing my duty neither any religion, nationality , caste , creed , colour, may be it the toughest decision.

if you are applying for section mod do not forget to apply for which forum section you want to moderate and why?

I would like to be Global Moderator as I have my interest ranging from Defence to Economy and Cooking to Story writing, if I am selected for Sectional Moderator ,I would like to apply for World Defence Watch section and Geopolitical & World Economy, as I am interested in strategy , tactics from the very childhood , and it is my passion for Defence related development through out the globe, as well as current affairs, and also these two sections prone to be affected by Jingoism, trolling and flame bait .

Criteria

1. your seniority on dfi < means the longer you are here reflected by not the joining date but by activity and number of posts > : My current post no is : 6427 , in 85 threads, 688 thanks , 32.45 posts per day and constituting 8.77% of total no. of forum posts with 1137 posts in Multi Media , with my activity level : 99% , experience level : 78 , with total points of 14,491, till date I hold two medals in two category of awards :Community Award and Posting Award.

2. your time zone < we would prefer usa/canada/australian time zone members>:(GMT+ 5:30 Allahabad , IST ) from 5:00AM IST(Indian Standard Time ) to 8:00 AM IST(Indian Standard Time), and 6:00 PM IST- 3 AM IST (Indian Standard Time) , ( USA Standard time : 7:30 PM -10 :30 PM and 12: 30 am to 5:30 am) , ( Australian Standard Time : 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM and 11:20 PM to 8:20 AM, Canada Standard Time (Toronto) : 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM and 8:30 AM-3:30 PM )

3. how dedicated you are towards dfi and how you might hep the forum : As I have humbly stated earlier , I firmly believe , that real satisfaction of Moderation lies where not only desisting the evil infiltrating in the healthy environment of the forum , but also nurturing beautiful quality of a respected member and guide him / her in a proper way where he / she can really became an integral part of the forum sans any colour, religion , caste , creed , gender, geo political boundary, I work with my utmost dedication,sincerity with urge of quick learning to keep the forum healthy and sane for discussion , free from trolling , jingoism,flame bait, hatred ,promote creativity among respected members and nothing can stop me from performing my duty, may be the toughest decision it be neither any religion, nationality , caste , creed , colour, relationship come between me and my duty.

Long Live Defence Forum of India, Long Live fraternity and friendship !!!

Warm Regards

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
1. your username on DFI

tarunraju

When: 09-18-2009, how: I was searching for IDF (where I was a member) which disappeared from the internet

Two:
TechPowerUp! Forums (TechPowerup is a leading international computer technology portal, with over 45,000 members, 1.6 million posts, and over 5 years of staying online). It also has a social networking sister-forum called GeneralNonsense.net, where I'm a moderator too, both currently:

TechPowerUp!:

GN.net:

IST, 1:00 PM to 11:00 PM, whenever I get a chance. Sometimes, I'm active at night too.
Everyday
Because I have an experience in managing international communities, and am a quick learner with things. My style of moderation is mechanical, though I can take quick and tough decisions.
Since I'm not a military expert, I won't pretend to be one, though I do have a sizable knowledge of defense equipment. I've been more active in the sub-forums of World Defence Watch, which does attract most international users, and revolves more around strategy, foreign policy, and opinion, this is also the hot-spot for arguments erupting out of blatant jingoism.

Country flag
1. your username on DFI
LETHALFORCE

FEB 2008 I am a founding member, I was invited by other founding members specifically-Nitesh our administrator

I been on 4 other forums, not as a moderator but many members know me here and where including many moderators for almost last 4-5 years

I am here in and out all day but I could easily fit in the USA zone 2pm-10pm or even 9am to 7pm i am flexible.

i am here daily but i can spend 10-12 hours a day

I have extensive experience in forums and i have military background, I know many members. I feel i am at a maturity level where i can help maintain the high standards our forum was founded on, I share the goals and ideals of the administrators and moderators since i was here from the beginning I know what direction we want to go with the forum and I share the same visions.

7. if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want
to moderate and why? , my top choices are Land/forces,Naval,Indian subcontinent,WMD i am most active in these areas on the forum,but I am flexible. I have extensive knowledge of the areas I have mentioned and created most of the threads in these areas. I am applying for MOD position in any area.

criteria

1. your seniority on dfi < means the longer you are here reflected by not the joining date but by activity and number of posts >
I am here from the beginning of the forum Feb 2008, I started as a military pro the changed to DFI star status awaiting to be changed to a new military medic category once it is created.,My experience level 74 activity is 87% is in the top 3,I am in the top 3 in points 12,700+ on the forum, top 3 in threads started- 256 and top 3 in post- 3564 and 2nd in profile visits.-1270 +

I am in the US time zone

I am very dedicated,being a founding member I helped create many threads and invited many friends to join the forum, I have seen it grow from when we were 20 members to the 1400+ we are now,I share the goals and visions of the founding members,administrators and have always shared the vision of a higher quality defence forum, I have always said we will be the best Indian forum on the internet and I will work with the administrators,moderators and members to reach this goal.

My background

I was born in India a long time ago I came to USA with my mother and sister at age 5 in 1972. We lived in Upstate NY with my Father who came to USA in 1969. My Fathers job required a lot of travel and i would see him 2 weekends a month. At age 10 my Father got a job with more steady hours and we moved to NYC but we always kept the Upstate property. I went to school in NYC i graduated from High school with honors in Chemistry. I went on to attend college and received a professional degree,from there I served in the Gulf war at age 23 ,and returned to USA to work in a military hospital for 16 years. I left my military hospital job 5 years ago to start a buisness. Currently I have 3 different buisnesses I am self employed and leading a quiet family life.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
1. your username on DFI

Daredevil

I got invited by A.V from another forum. I registered in April 2009.

I have no experience of moderating on any forums. Though I'm a member on many defense forums.

My time zone is Central European Time (GMT +1, IST -3:30 or -4.30 hrs based on day time saving period)

I can spend around 14-16 hrs a day due to nature of my work which gives me long and short breaks between my experiments :p.

I want to apply to the MOD position to keep the forum saner and allow healthy discussions and debates among the members and thus give high visibility on the net and thus attract more quality members who can make the DFI even more better. Another reason is I have lot of time on hands to monitor DFI especially when India-based mods are not around.

I'm interested being a global mod because of my diverse interests in defence, aviation, economy and social issues, so have knowledge grip on quite a number of topics. But if that is not possible I will be interested in "World Defence Watch" and "Geopolitical & World Economy" forums.

criteria

I have around 2250 posts and 1038 thanks:D and have around 8000 points.

I'm in a time zone between India and US and can fill in the gap there as I'm up quite late in the night (till 6:00AM IST).

I'm quite dedicated to DFI and I feel I have contributed to DFI in a very positive way if not in an explosive way. Anymore I write here will be self-praising. So, I will stop at his now.

I can help this forum by bringing in good content in the form of news, columns, reports, media etc to germ up healthy discussions and rational debates which should be a lightening rod for attracting the new members.

sky

I would like to thank all those who are applying to be mods for showing so much commitment to dfi.well done guys and ,and be careful what you ask for you might just get it. Just joking.........

qsaark

Hello friends,

I am indeed honored that I was asked to apply, but unfortunately, the time is not right for me.

I am offered a tenure track faculty position in another Institution and I am invited to establish an HIV-AIDS cluster from the scratch. This means lots of responsibility and lots of work. Most of my time is being consumed in designing and drawing the lab blue prints and making the lists of the equipments needed. My busy schedule will not allow me to take the responsibilities of a Moderator. If I would ask to apply at a later period, I surely will.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely,
QSAARK

bhramos

Country flag
1. your username o DFI bhramos
2. HOW and WHEN you registered on DFI? March 2009
3. ANY previous experience of moderating a forum no but been in forums for 3-4yrs
4. your time zone and when are you most active on DFI? Indian Standard time
5. how many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job? 12+ hrs a day.
6. why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit i have a lot of data [pics] collected.
7. if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want to moderate and why? Military photos and multimedia

johnee

1. your username on DFI?: Johnee

Apr 1st, 2009(fool's day :D).

My Introduction Thread.

I got an invitation from A.V.(InVincible), administrator of this forum in WAB(World Affairs Board). I was delighted to see an Indian Forum of this nature and immediately joined. I remember that I kept posting and surfing on the forum that whole night. I thank you again A.V. for introducing me to this wonderful forum. I truly missed an Indian forum when IDF had gone down, in the desperation, I even joined some pak forums! And as a consequence, learned a lot.

No, I have not had the privilege of being a moderator before.

Actually, I am generally online whenever I am awake(except for last two months). I am active round the clock: dawn, dusk, midnight, noon....

But If I had to give a time, then

IST(Indian Standard Time) 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

For last two months, I have been a bit busy with my studies(and I will be busy for another week), but otherwise I can spare about 2-4 hrs per day(of course, I am totally online on sunday and whenever I am online, I pay a visit to our dear forum). That amounts to anywhere between 15-30 hrs per week.

Well, I recall the day I first visited DFI, I was really jubiliant. I was delighted whenever I saw a new member joining. I was afraid that this forum might not be successful, for I had seen another similar forum(NDR) started with good intentions not doing very well. But I must say, the mods, the admins, and indeed the members themselves have made this forum enormously successful in a very brief period.

Now to the actual question, why do I want to apply for the job?

Firstly, I have never been a mod, so I want to experience the joy of banning someone(especially after seeing our respected supermod, Ahmed Sid, who eugolises it).

On a serious note, I have seen this forum grow. I have been a member of many other forums(notable among them are IDF, WAB, defenc.pk and some other IT forums). I have lurked on some other forums(now, dont give that look, everyone does that!). And the experience has been enriching and enjoyable. I would like to go to the next level and shoulder the responsibility of keeping the forum clean and healthy. I would want to contribute my bit to keep this forum's quality high while maintaining its enormous growth rate.
I would like to continue the tradition of DFI of encouraging quality posts and quality members. And goading the miscreant ones to fall in line.
I believe that it is the environment that inspires the posting; a troll-free, non-jingoistic, intellectual environment inspires even a novice member to post with high quality. And the opposite is also true. In an unhealthy environment, even good posters make half-baked posts. So, I feel keeping the healthy environment is vital. And I would want to play my part in it.

I have diverse interests and I am avidly interested in geopolitics, politics, current affairs, economy, IT, and defence. Though I am interested in aviation, I am not knowledgable enough in that field. So, I would like to be the mod of "Geopolitical & World Economy". This is also the forum that I am most active in, so it is logical for me to apply for the mod post of that forum.

Criteria:

Total Number of Posts: 1208
Posts per Day: 6.44
Number of Thanks: 352, That means a thanks for every 3 posts. :thank_you2:

IST( Indian Standard Time). But more often then not, I am also active late in nights uptil 2:00 a.m.

3. how dedicated you are towards dfi and how you might help the forum
As I have stated earlier, I am quite dedicated towards DFI, and would like to see it grow bigger and better, and I would like to contribute postively in it.
I have had some lively, healthy and constructive debates on this forum and I would like to continue this trend and also guide the newer members towards a quality debate.

p2prada

Wow. Scariest "resumes" ever. I cannot hope to beat that.

Anyways, TY for the invitation mods. Unfortunately it is quite difficult for me to visit the forum and handle mod duties for the time being. I am barely online, maybe an hour a day, and most of that goes into managing my banking account and mails.

Regards.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Respected Mods,

As Ahmedji here is afraid of losing another potential banning member I dont want to add fuel to his worries. Ahmedji long live you and your boot...lol. Actually I am in a bit of a hectic schedule now so I cannot concentrate much on the moderation of the site/section. So TRji kindly excuse me for not applying. I am really honoured by your gesture sir and I would surely apply the next time.

And all the best to the applicants...hope you would do a great job.

Regards,
SATISH

Atul

Founding Member
1. Your user name on DFI : Atul

2. HOW and WHEN you registered on DFI? : Feb 2009

3. ANY previous experience of moderating a forum? : No but have been on various forums for sum time

4. your time zone and when are you most active on DFI? Indian Standard time (+5.30)

5. how many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job? 2+ hrs a day.

6. why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit : i have uploaded quite a few snaps on the site. have seen the Photos section flooded with comments, wished it be dedicated for snaps.

7. if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want to moderate and why? Military photos and multimedia (since i am most active on this section)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Many thanks for the invitation, but I regret that I wouldn't be able to spend enough time on the forum, to justify my position as a moderator. I'm in the midst of many exams and will not be able to spend much time for the next 6 months.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Soham

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
To start off with, I am truly honored that the DFI team has thought me worthy of applying for the Mod status. Thanks to the entire team and specially TR.

However, I am forced to decline this offer as I won't be able to do justice to this demanding position, as my job is quite demanding and I cannot guarantee to spend time regularly on the forum.

All the best to all the applicants, I have full confidence in all of you that you will perform an admirable job, whoever is selected.

Regards.

I will however, passively, always keep on helping the mod team to maintain quality of the forum by reporting troublesome posts and suggesting any improvements that may come to my mind. :)

natarajan

1. your username on DFI

natarajan

I registered in July 2009.

I have no experience in moderating of forums but i will prove you if i was offered moderator post and i have been member on many defense,technical and infrastructure forums.

Indian Standard time (IST )

I can spend around 2-6 hrs a day

I want to be one among a team which makes dfi grow and also i would like to make my contribution not only in posts but also in the development of dfi and make dfi troll and spammers free.I am little optimistic and i have confidence of turning a troller but a good one in posting into a normal one and my ability to mingle with everyone makes me to address issues easily.I have opened a discussion on plaaf vs iaf which is one of the hottest thread and also i have brought out many social ill issues in our subcontinent which was not addressed before by anyone

I'm interested in Geopolitical & World Economy as i am not expert in defence technical aspects but i have vast interest and knowledge on social events,current events,economy and politics.
Criteria:

Total Number of Posts: 1075
Posts per Day: 15.22
Number of Thanks: 109
I have lots of interests and knowledge in social,politics,economy which overrides my seniority problem ,i think

IST( Indian Standard Time).Since i am nocturnal , I will be active in nights from 10 to 3 a.m.(probably)

3. how dedicated you are towards dfi and how you might help the forum
Let me tell first about my personal opinion,i always opt to be one among the few to develop a developing one rather than one among the masses of developed one ,so that i get satisfaction that i am not just a mere member but wherever i am associated ,i was able to contribute in healthy manner to that forum
I am confident of my dedication and contribution to dfi and you can witness once you offer me the moderator position
:thank_you2:

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
1. your username o DFI - Read who the post is by... Pillocks :D
2. HOW and WHEN you registered on DFI - February 2009
3. ANY previous experience of moderating a forum - Yes. There was a forum on the erstwhile MSN Groups called Computer Help Club where we used to provide free computer support for all... I was the founder, manager & moderator for the group... It had 20000+ members before MSN Groups shut down and now the forum has migrated and I have handed over the reins to more capable hands.
4. your time zone and when are you most active on DFI? - Indian Standard Time
5. how many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job? - Frankly speaking, I will not be able to spend any time for the next 2 months. But, after that I can be here atleast 4 hours a day...
6. why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit - I am quite sure that most members here know me as a dedicated bloke who is level headed and since I do have previous experience in moderating forums, I'm sure that the members here would like that. And, I also dare say that I'm quite popular for having been MoM for about a couple of months. And, my other marketing skills and other versatility could also be of use for the forum
7. if you are applying for section mod do not forget to appy for which forum section you want to moderate and why? - I leave this to the judgement of the core team as to what they think is the best. I have no specific preferences except that I do not want the multimedia related forums for moderation.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to apply for a sectional moderator and I'm quite sure I will live up to the task. But, in case I'm appointed, I apologise in advance for the first two months when I won't be around ;)

Rage

DFI TEAM
Excellent! Might I offer my congratulations to A.V. and the mods on a well-instituted format for the applications and to all those that have been invited and taken the time to apply.

I am honored that the mods have sought me out to apply for this position. But due to personal obligations and a schedule of a highly erratic nature, I am disinclined to apply because of the conviction that I will not be able to do justice to the forum in a way I myself would be likely to expect. Also to be honest I do not feel my personality is all suited to the task - some of you'd get the boot before you even had the chance to say "whoami" :D. I'd much rather leave this noble responsibility to those who are more likely to have the time, the ability and the judicious nature coupled with an understanding of how things work to do justice to the task.

Despite the intense competition and some very able individuals, my recommendations for the new DFI moderator posts on the basis of time zones and availability would be (depending on requirement- either, some or all of): Lethalforce, Vladimir, johnee, tarunraju, F-14 or daredevil.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The Angel of Darkness

1. Your user name on DFI?
Ans - Dark Sorrow aka DS aka The Dark One

Ans - March 2009, Received a mail from invisible , avi , av

3. Any previous experience of moderating a forum?
Ans - No

4. Your time zone and when are you most active on DFI.
Ans - Indian Standard Time

5. How many hours per day/per week you can spend on the job?
Ans - 8 to 10 hours a week(got a bit busy schedule due to academics)

6. Why do you want to apply for the job and your own added data as you think fit?
Ans - I wish to be a part of DFI team and contribute in some way or other with respect to moderation.

7. If you are applying for section mod do not forget to apply for which forum section you want to moderate and why?
Ans - If given opportunity i would like to apply for
(1) Military Aviation / Air Forces
(2) Naval Forces / Navy
(3) Bombs / Missiles / WMD
as am highly interested in this topics.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles