And so it begins - Philippine warship in standoff with China vessels

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez confirmed the presence of the Chinese boats even as he urged China to prove its claim over the disputed shoal in the International Tribunal of the Laws of the Sea, a demand Beijing has already rejected.
If China is so sure of its claims, why is she shy of going to the International Tribunal?

Oblaks

a diplomatic cable released by whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks said China could not specify a historical document to support its claims to disputed islands in the West Philippine Sea.

In diplomatic cable 08BEIJING3499 sent to Washington by the US embassy in Beijing on Sept. 9, 2008, a Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) official and a local scholar could not identify specific historical records to justify China's "Nine Dashes" claim that covers the whole Spratlys and areas within other countries' exclusive economic zones.

MFA Department of Treaty and Law Oceans and Law of the Sea Division Deputy Director Yin Wenqiang told a US embassy political officer on Aug. 30, 2008 that "China has indisputable sovereignty over the islands in the South China Sea and the adjacent waters."

"Yin admitted he is not aware of the historical basis for the 'Nine Dashes' and only mentioned unspecified 'Chinese historical documents' that indicate the basis for China's claims on territory west of the Philippines," the US embassy official said.

According to Wikileaks, Yang said China's claims "date back to ancient times, prior to the development of the modern nation-state."

"Neither MFA's Yin nor Beijing University's Yang could specify a historical document that indicated the basis for the demarcation of the 'Nine Dashes'," the cable added.

William of Tyre

China is very much afraid to bring it to the UN because under the UNCLOS, their claim is absurd. Their historical claim based on ancient maps makes no sense even if it is made in the 12th century, for if that would be the case then the world is owned by only two countries - Spain and Portugal by virtue of the Treaty of Tordesillas, being more recent historically, dividing the earth to the Portuguese east, and the Spanish west......

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese claims are bogus and much of their history are fables and myths.

If India was to use Raja Raja Chola's exploits as claims then much of Asia would be India's.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

This Tamil Language inscription was found in China.

It was found about 500 miles north of Canton, in a place called Chuan Chou. This is a port city. It was an important port city in the ancient times also.

Apart from Canton, the Tamils had gone to other places also and
established their own colonies. The merchant guilds like 'Thisai Aayiraththu AinnuuRRuvar' was very active around this part of the world.

In Chuan Chou, there was a Sivan Temple. In that temple, an image of Siva was consecrated under the 'Firman' - royal orders of 'Sekasai Khan'.
This was done for the health of 'Sekasai Khan'.
'Sekasai Khan' in this inscription is the name of Kublai Khan himself.
His full name was Kublai Sekcen Khan.
Sekcen Khan became Sekasai Khan in Tamil.
The Sivan Temple was known as ThiruKathaleesvaram and the Lord of the temple was known as ThiruKathaleesvaram udaiya Naayanaar.
The person who executed the order was Thava ChakkaravarththikaL Sampandha PerumaL.
It was done on the Chithra Paurnami day of Saka Era 1203 - 1281 AD.

Tamil Inscription Of China
So, that is a part of India, right?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese claim on home grown fables and maps they industriously made up to give impression to their imperialistic dreams!.

India can claim on inscriptions and temples!

Which is more authentic?

But Indians are not imperialists or hegemonic or mere thieves as some others!

Last edited:

masteruten

lol right territorial disputes. you try anything to bend your arguement. Now by your logic i guess india doesn't have the ball to forcefully take india/china disputed area.

and the arguement of i'm chinese is really gettting tired now. i live in US, work here, i'm an american. stop your ridiculous arguement that anyone has different opinion than you is working for CCP.:lol:
-- Being a China man living in the US doesn't make you American, you'll be called Chinese American and that is the reality. However, even if you live in the US for long long time as you said, your commie chinese is still controlling your mind.

s002wjh

Country flag
-- Being a China man living in the US doesn't make you American, you'll be called Chinese American and that is the reality. However, even if you live in the US for long long time as you said, your commie chinese is still controlling your mind.
what more BS. as far as i know, everyone here consider i'm an american. live here pretty much most my live, went through mid,high,college here too. it seem people always go back to the same BS when they can't find any good argument to counter it. how the heck is commie control my mind lol get rid off the BS i might take your opinion serisoully

Tolaha

what more BS. as far as i know, everyone here consider i'm an american. live here pretty much most my live, went through mid,high,college here too. it seem people always go back to the same BS when they can't find any good argument to counter it. how the heck is commie control my mind lol get rid off the BS i might take your opinion serisoully
Forget what others consider you as. What do you consider yourself as? In your posts, you are far more inclined to tow the Chinese line. Maybe that's because you still consider yourself as Chinese in a sub-conscious level! :rolleyes:

Kiyoshi

I don't. tsk

tell me more about yourself rather than saying the same line over and over again.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Tolaha

Philippines, US stage war games in face of China

Ulugan Bay: US and Philippine commandos waded ashore on Wednesday in a mock assault to retake a small island in energy-rich waters disputed with China, part of a drill involving thousands of troops Beijing had said would raise the risk of armed conflict.

The exercises, part of annual U.S.-Philippine war games on the southwestern island of Palawan, coincide with another standoff between Chinese and Philippine vessels near Scarborough Shoal in a different part of the South China Sea.

Kiyoshi

Related to the news

Coming ashore: Soldiers wade through shallow water in Ulugan bay, on the western coast of the Philippines

Diplomatic: Philippine military officials sought to play down the exercise, saying it 'simply means we want to work together, improve our skills'

Controversial: China said last week that the drill would raise the risk of confrontation over disputed parts of the South China Sea

:wave:

Kiyoshi

No cause for concern: Lieutenant General Juancho Sabban, military commander for the western Philippines, said the drill never mentioned China

Tradition: The annual war games are covered under the 1951 Mutual Defence Treaty, part of a web of security alliances the U.S. built in the Asia-Pacific region during the Cold War
:wave:

s002wjh

Country flag
I don't. tsk

tell me more about yourself rather than saying the same line over and over again.

:popcorn:
see my post on Dissenters in China Beware! like i said i value my chinese heritage but thats about it. i dislike CCP as much as my friends, co-worker etc. i join ROTC since high school, work as air reserve in college, and currently work for DoD, i have no affection toward CCP, and i consider my self asian-american, not chinese.

s002wjh

Country flag
Forget what others consider you as. What do you consider yourself as? In your posts, you are far more inclined to tow the Chinese line. Maybe that's because you still consider yourself as Chinese in a sub-conscious level! :rolleyes:
right link my post on bias toward china. also check my other post that criticize chinese government etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles