Ancient Indian Military

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Hi folks, I have tried to look for the culture and tradition of ancient Indian soldiery. But when I found the broad sketches, I see that there is little to nothing available about more detailed account of day to day affairs as much as available on whther Romans or Greeks or Chinese. I may be searching wrong, so I wwant to ask you guys if any of you have sources/links regarding the resources, please post.

I wish to learn about what kind of armour they used to wear or what was the appendages used for horses to weapons etc. The details.

blueblood

Hi folks, I have tried to look for the culture and tradition of ancient Indian soldiery. But when I found the broad sketches, I see that there is little to nothing available about more detailed account of day to day affairs as much as available on whther Romans or Greeks or Chinese. I may be searching wrong, so I wwant to ask you guys if any of you have sources/links regarding the resources, please post.

I wish to learn about what kind of armour they used to wear or what was the appendages used for horses to weapons etc. The details.
I think @Shaitan had a thread on something similar.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

You may find somethings useful from here.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...great-indian-culture.7479/page-4#post-1055784

Armor is mention in Indian literature, but I hardly see it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles