Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
RIP Amark. Sorry for your loss BR.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
RIP to Amark. Deepest condolences to you and his family.

Rage

DFI TEAM
The gods rest his soul. We grieve with you brother.

Pintu

I am extremely sorry , that he has left the world forever, as the flower has its untimely exit when it is blossoming , may he rest in peace , may the killer disease destroys his body but he remains here and will remain immortal through his creations which are invaluable.

Regards

Coxswain

Hey man.

First off, my deepest condolances to both you and your family. I've come from a forum where your cousin infact frequented. He shared alot with us through the years and ended up shaping alot of us with his words and wisdom.

We respect Amark so much and are torn that he's left us. I'm going to leave you a link to the site so that you can visit it if you'd like. There is a load of precious discussions and stories we've had with them there and if you'd like to check it out and learn more about him and his relationship with us, then by all means you're more than welcome.

Heres the topic he made from the start of the illness and in it is recorded his progression among other things:

okay. - Gaming World Forums

This one is a topic we made rattling our brains trying to figure out a way to honor his memory:

Honoring Steel - Gaming World Forums

We all knew him as "steel" and did not end up learning his actual name until after he passed.

Once again our condolances on your loss and I don't know if this is going to help you grieve or make it worse but I figured you should know about our relationship with him. He was like a big brother to the lot of us.

Also: I'm not sure if he or his mother told you about it (he acted like she was ecstatic about it and told everyone), but we're the ones that raised the charity fund to help he and his family deal with the medical bills that the cancer brought upon them.

sandeepdg

Its always painful to loose a loved one, my friend. Sorry for your loss and my condolences to his family. May his soul rest in peace.

Coxswain

Sorry I couldn't pm you back, not enough posts.

No thanks needed, we did what we did like anyone else would for a dear friend. Also, its nice to know she told you.

Its good to be able to look over his college articles, thanks for that. Good luck and don't let it hurt too much.

Just stopped by to tell you that, later.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I'm sorry for your loss.
His articles are an evidence of the niche of exception in him.
May his soul rest in peace.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
my brother's last message

just got a call from my aunt in the united states, my cousin had written what mounts to be a last post for his friends and the rest of the internet world; he had meant for it to be posted after his death it was posted on gaming world forums earlier and now i am posting it here.

Okay, first of all, let me get the technical stuff out of the way. The surgery is on the 29th. It's expected to last anywhere from 3 to 6 hours. On hearing what happened, I've instructed my sister to call four people; Manan, Jon, Alex Reher, and Steve. Aside from being my closest friends, almost like brothers, they also have contacts with different groups of people and will probably let the rest of you know what happened. If you don't hear from them or don't know them, I'll attempt to post something on Facebook when I can. However I know if things go well, they'll be forcing me to do breathing tests and walk up and down the hall a lot to prevent pneumonia since I have a history of it now. So if you don't know by Halloween, expect that something has gone wrong.

For those of you who don't know; the chemo worked as well as it could, shrinking the tumor a few centimeters on all three axes (this may not seem like much, but think of volume and the difference between a 1 cm cube and a 2 cm cube). It's also apparently killed the active cancer, although we can't know for sure yet. This type of cancer however, comes with a teratoma, a type of tumor that is unaffected by chemotherapy. Teratomas can be benign; however they most often just reactivate the cancer later down the road. Thus, surgery is needed to remove it.

The reason I'm writing this is not just because I'm afraid of the surgery; I've got a 95% chance of going through the surgery with no complications, and that remaining 5% isn't DEATH (most of it is post op pneumonia), but yes, I'm still afraid considering I never had a surgery before. But aside from this, if the removed mass shows active cancer still, I may have to undergo more dangerous and harsh chemotherapy. From this round already, I've had severe neuropathy in two of my fingers on both hands; another round of chemo might finish them off. Worst of all is the 50 to 60% cure rate has never changed; that means there's a 50 to 40% chance that even if I make it through this, it'll come back. If it does come back, I might not make it again. There was also a large blood clot in my neck that could have killed me; something tells me that wasn't the only close call I'll be having.

And most of all, I saw my dad slowly die from pancreatic cancer, and although I was too young to know it then, I can remember now how his eyes had some despair that he could not tell me all the things he wanted to tell me. My mom said the only time she saw him cry was not on learning his parents's death, or on knowing about his coming death, but knowing that he would not see us grow up, would not be there to guide us and tell us and when his son got older, talk about books and falling in love and yelling at him and being disappointed in him and all that stuff that those of you with fathers take for granted (I hope that does not sound too bitter; to paraphrase something I read once, I do not hate you because you have a better life, I only wish that I did as well).

That alone wouldn't have convinced me to write this whole thing if it weren't for a quote I read from Bun B, half of famous Southern rap duo UGK. His friend Pimp C had died, and Bun B said the following: “And I loved him, and he loved me, and we're never ashamed to say it. And I know we're in the era of "pause" and "no homo" and all that, and that's all fine and dandy, but if you really love your homie, don't feel like you can't tell him you love him. Who gives a **** how somebody take it. Because when things happen, you're going to wish you had said it. You're going to wish you said it louder.”

I remember reading an article about the hidden costs of masculinity where the author made a successful argument, I thought, in how men cannot express how they feel about other men. Women tell each other their love almost every day. And I thought, how ****ing solid of Bun B to do that. Men pride ourselves on remaining stoic and unemotional, but ****, it's not right that I can see it on my brother's face and he can see it on mine, but it goes unsaid.

So here's the truth, if I die tomorrow in surgery or in a week from pneumonia or in three months from a remission gone wrong. Here is the truth.

Too much of life, I think, is dealt with in passivity. We do not celebrate connectedness but retreat behind our barriers. We argue over paying taxes while our brothers and sisters bleed in the street. We look pretty so other people will decide if we're worth their time, but who the **** decided someone wasn't? We let hatred and fear move us more than love, and I can't help but remember Mookie's bitter words when Sal complains about his broken window in Do The Right Thing: **** your window, Radio Raheem is dead. So if I die, this is my last message to you; just simple life is easy. Making a good life is the hard part. Never be contented. Never think your work is done. Never do anything by half. If you love, don't do that stupid love where all you do is wonder whether he or she is thinking about you and what your kids will look like and if he or she will still **** you just as good in twenty years as they do now. Love so that if they ask you to jump you jump, you don't even ask how high. Love so that it ****ing hurts. When you do something, do the ****er, do it so it jumps up and ties itself into a knot when it sees you coming. And when you see evil, when you see something despicable, never forget how to hate. Hate till blood runs out of your eyes if you have to. Never do it by half. Never give in. If you're like me, they'll be hard nights, hard times, and you may wonder if it's worth it but one day it will be and you'll be refilled like it was ****ing manna from heaven. To quote Henry Rollins, “scar tissue is stronge than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” That's what I know of life, and that's all I can tell you about its meaning. Never forget fire.

And beyond that. If I die. It'll always be too late for me to say all I need to say. To tell you about the beauty of the blue light of dawn, to tell you that heaven is a spot outside of a village in India with alabaster trees and a muddy brown pond with fish nipping at the surface, of pain so strong it converts you from atheist to believer to atheist, it convinces you to kill anything you have just to make it go away. I cannot tell you everything that I have found powerful in this life. But I can tell you just a little, and under the assumption that I might die, please allow me this one indulgence. The night air is always better than the day; it's like something's cracking open all around you all the time. If you get far enough away from the city, the stars will ruin you. You'll look up, and they'll ****ing destroy you, how many there are. You don't even get that whole “I'm so small” feeling; you just realize how vast it is. Part of what makes love great is how incredibly weak it is. Think of all that can break it; distance, boredom, curiousity. If you can nurse it, watch it grow, if you can keep love going without losing yourself in it, you've got a little miracle and anyone who looks at you will be able to tell. Somewhere in the world someone is waiting for you and already loves you. You may never meet them, but the fact that they exist makes all the difference. Don't just accept your flaws; actively correct them. If you aren't smart, become smart. If you're mean, grow some decency. There is no excuse for complacency or boredom. Respect your elders, but know they can be and often are just wrong. Sylvia from Sylvia's Pizza is a nice, heavily accented, Italian man who loves his business and loves his regular customers. It's always better to support a local place than a chain because as an amateur chef I can tell you that if you love who you cook for, you make better food. Try not to laugh at someone, ever. Even hating them has a modicum of respect; laughing at someone only serves to demean you both. There are still bad people out there. You will fall in love with them sometimes. Do not assume you can change anyone.

As for me; I'm not ready to die. I don't want to. I'll go into this surgery prepared to survive. I'll fight cancer with every last bit of strength I've got. You can shoot me and I'll keep going. But if I do, do not mourn me. I have had a decent life so far. I'm only 22 and I've already gotten so high I've felt the rhythm of the universe around me. I've gotten so drunk in a parking lot that I started singing for no reason. I've known pain, both emotional and physical, that most people don't know till much further in life. I've fallen in love and had my heart broken. I've seen the inside of a jail cell. I beat someone up once to protect a friend, even though I was outnumbered and about five years old. I have done both great and awful things in my life. I have cried tears for dead people I never knew, and I have broken doors in rage over people I cannot save. I have lived a life. I hope I get to keep on living. I hope I can fall in love again and this time make it work. I hope I can adopt a child. I hope I can see my friends get married. I hope I can make an album. I hope I can learn to write, and write well. I hope I can save an innocent man from dying. I hope I can live.

But if I don't, your life still goes on. There are innocent men who will still die if no one saves them. There are weddings and parties to attend that will be missing one guest. There's a beautiful girl reading a book somewhere or about to go to sleep who might suddenly shiver, and not understand why. There are still children who need families. Never stay content unless you've earned it. You have no greater purpose in life than to help others, no matter how small an effort you can exert.

And don't forget I love you.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@ E1
He made it through all the operations however the cancer kept coming back, in the end the cancer sent him into a delirium and he couldn't converse with, see or hear any of the people close to him(he was more afraid of going into a delirium than actually dying), he wrote the above post when he still could write properly and had good motor control of his fingers before any of his operations were conducted(in july or august last year).

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
BR i wont be able to thank you for your bro's ebetaf because i know how is it to losse a bro

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
br always pry that this dreaded disese called should not come even to your worst enemies it is a very painful and dirty desise

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Your brother was a great man, my friend. He was a great writer.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Dear, my condolences to you and your family. It is hard to come to terms with reality. I have been through many such tragic incidents personally. Lost my Kaku (father’s brother) when he was just 24. One request BR, just try to consume less alcohol. Your brother will be around many of his admirers by his writing.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
It's one year today since we lost Amark to cancer and just to remember him i'm gonna be posting some funny cooking videos called cooking with doop he made(he's doop) in this thread! forever the joker he'd like that!
thank you guys for all the messages i showed my aunt the messages when she came over this year she was most grateful to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles