An emerging India through Pakistani Eyes - threats and counter strategies

indiatester

Country flag
I was in Washington DC on a trip. On the return journey, I took an Uber to my hotel. Unfortunately it turned out to be a paki.
Though he did not bring any controversial topics, he tried to bring equivalence between paki land and our country based on rule of law and development.
I told him honestly, that the situation in India is very good. He did not counter me. I guess they all sort of know that we are leagues ahead now.

Deathstar

Country flag
I was in Washington DC on a trip. On the return journey, I took an Uber to my hotel. Unfortunately it turned out to be a paki.
Though he did not bring any controversial topics, he tried to bring equivalence between paki land and our country based on rule of law and development.
I told him honestly, that the situation in India is very good. He did not counter me. I guess they all sort of know that we are leagues ahead now.
Biggest proof is no Indian muslim despite being in a dara hua mahaul wants to immigrate to land of Pure. If Pakistan was indeed better than India ,there would have been line for visa outisde Pak embassy

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Or who didn't want to argue with you? I often surrender to my seniors or superiors on political debates and sideline myself quietly (case is different that I never met a paki of higher status than me).

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Modi’s trap

THE recent skirmish between India and China has been reported with different underlying assumptions and implications in the press across the globe. While mainstream opinion makers are keeping a cautious eye on the conflict, a limited number of hawks in the local media have exaggerated this conflict to epic proportions, terming it as perhaps the emergence of Chinese dominance and supremacy over the region. To be specific, it is being portrayed as a swift, glaring victory of China over a largely subdued Indian army.

(My foot, where ever anyone mentioned Chinese victory? :rolleyes:)
While a lot of intellects are euphoric over this recent Chinese victory over India, the truth of the matter is that, as a result of this conflict, Prime Minister Modi has laid a trap for the emergence of India as a new global power.
Comprising almost one-third of the world’s population, both China and India are competing for global respect. Over the last few decades, with an immense amount of investment in education of their masses, developing emerging markets, and global branding of their nations, both have finally developed a stable middle class — the backbone of the global financial system that primarily acts as a catalyst for the global economy.
While this competition is intense in its search for new markets and raw materials, a few areas such as global warming and the World Trade Organisation show an unprecedented cooperation and union between the two countries, to the point where the West (the US in particular) seems to be the common enemy. Staunch, organised objections and reservations to WTO and Kyoto/Paris accords are a few trademarks of the Sino-Indian friendship.
What was Modi thinking when he decided to take on China?
Trade between the two is estimated to be at a historic high of $84 billion. Both countries, more so than the West, have a monopoly over commodity markets (ranging from oil and gas to lentils and canola oil) across the globe. As a matter of fact, to avoid bidding in search of new assets, the National Oil Company of India has forged an informal consultation alliance with the Chinese Petroleum Company. With similar rich histories, traditions, and multiculturalism of over 3,000 years, both countries thus face similar challenges as well. Both countries have difficulty in the UN when it comes to their unimpressive record on human rights.
The above points noting the similarities between the two nations lead to an important question: What was going through Modi’s mind when he decided to take on China? The Indian prime minister has based his limited but high-profile conflict strategy on the assumption that under current circumstances, China will not escalate any conflict in the region due to the following:
(a) It would raise uncertainty in the already in turmoil capital markets of mainland China, which may impact the much needed liquidity that the regime requires to come out of this economic crisis.
(b) The Chinese regime currently faces perhaps its biggest challenges in the last 50 years, which include (i) accusations put forward by several countries, including the US, Australia and France of a Covid-19 cover-up, (ii) the future of Hong Kong protests and its amalgamation in mainland China, and (iii) the future of Chinese firms after the international blockade of Huawei. The downfall of Huawei, while orchestrated by the US, is an absolute delight for the European, South Korean and Japanese tech sectors, as it brings a long-sought fair and competitive balance to the global tech market.
With these limitations to a Chinese response, Modi has finally set the stage to preserve his legacy as the man who will bring about India’s emergence as an international giant. The climax of this conflict would result in a sombre and permanent solution, which would demonstrate to the world that India could not only stand against a global giant but also resolve complex democratic conflicts in a reasonable manner.
The current Indian regime has various audiences to this conflict. Firstly, there’s Vietnam and Cambodia, which are some of the fastest-growing economies in the world and in need of a reliable defence partner against China, making India a likely future ally. The recent rift between the US and South Korea over the purchase of an $8bn defence system, coupled with the constant manoeuvring of US/North Korea relationship, South Korea, along with Japan, is looking for a fellow Asian power to confront China.
The grand prize that Modi wants to deliver to his nation is a permanent member, non-veto seat in the UN Security Council, something which his arch rival Pandit Nehru could only dream of, which would be a delight for its newfound allies, including Israel.
The trap has been set by the Indian prime minister, and it is now time to observe the Chinese response, which is generally long term and routed through its allies.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Initially It all appeared victory for Chinese by grabbing strategic points along the newly built Indian road at Galwan River valley. It was not true. The June 15 resounding beating up of Chinese troops by the Indian deadly squads in the area without guns but with their own nail studded bats and handing back of dead bodies of Chinese soldier caught in the skirmish with necks broken and body parts dangling of quite a few of them (60 of them) reversed all those victory laurels for the Chinese and their overjoyed Pakistani Friends. That specific post was abandoned by the Chinese. Now Chinese are on the back foot and their Pakistani friends do not know where to hide. The worst came a few weeks later when they were forced to vacate all their advance observation posts without firing a gun. That is a major Indian victory. The two US aircraft carriers In South China Sea helped the speedy removal of any Chinese presence in the area.

Pakistani joy was misplaced.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So, the last "rational" esteemed Pakistani "scientist" Pervez Hoodbhoy too has finally turned into an ignorant and clueless cry baby.
One or two is okay, but has written a series of stupid articles without even an effort to be comprehensive.
which one, NEP oped?
looks like he can no longer criticise pak policy without criticising India first, just to avoid getting shot.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
which one, NEP oped?
looks like he can no longer criticise pak policy without criticising India first, just to avoid getting shot.
Yes, NEP OpEd.
Criticising India first for political reasons may be understandable. But I don't find the lame criticism just for the sake of criticising of any use.

Earlier, I used to love reading him.
These are complete bullcraps, without point. Somewhat insisting that everything has a conspiracy of Hindu nationalists even with lame arguments.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It seems like most Indian and foreign intellectuals who are critical of "Hindu nationalism" never even bothered to read anything about ideology.

Hindu nationalism is not like a religious nationalism contrary to what's prevalent in Pakistan or anything to do with theocracy. Among academia, "Indian nationalism" was a very limited term used for those movements which emerged under British Raj, have founded Indian state and hold territorial nationalism over land they inherited from UK than a cultural identity.
Another set of movements those drew cultural identity and national consciousness from native thoughts and emerged against all foreign opprsosors were called Hindu nationalists. The time this term was adopted, word "Hindu" wasn't prevalently identified as a religious group but synonym of "Indian". Yes, Hindu meant Indian even till mid 20th century.
Both are Indian nationalisms literally anyway, "Indian" one is considered moderate, while "Hindu" one was considered relatively radical perceived as threat by western & communist countries.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes, NEP OpEd.
Criticising India first for political reasons may be understandable. But I don't find the lame criticism just for the sake of criticising of any use.

Earlier, I used to love reading him.
These are complete bullcraps, without point. Somewhat insisting that everything has a conspiracy of Hindu nationalists even with lame arguments.
Not tracking pakis much these days, but when i do take a peak once in a while i am hearing centre-left ideas on digital platforms. maybe hoodbhoy is getting pushed to take ultra left to retain his relevance, ultra left these days as defined by western standards is automatically anti-RSS.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Not tracking pakis much these days, but when i do take a peak once in a while i am hearing centre-left ideas on digital platforms.
I have only found centre left embraces just somewhat economic fronts expecting some progress. Same hatred against non Muslim ideas in society persists from same social media accounts yet.

The push may be for sympathy from beyond the frontiers as well. "Improve national image, India also has made an image with such policies in west which fascist Modi is now destroying" is general in Pakistani media, social media & OpEds. Be it blasphemy case or Krishna temple, it mostly is a rhetoric.

If I spare it some time and write & sum up events whether it is practical or not, these hard attempts to look like a "progressive" country in Pakistan these days, are a circus anyway.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I have only found centre left embraces just somewhat economic fronts expecting some progress. Same hatred against non Muslim ideas in society persists from same social media accounts yet.

The push may be for sympathy from beyond the frontiers as well. "Improve national image, India also has made an image with such policies in west which fascist Modi is now destroying" is general in Pakistani media, social media & OpEds. Be it blasphemy case or Krishna temple, it mostly is a rhetoric.

If I spare it some time and write & sum up events whether it is practical or not, these hard attempts to look like a "progressive" country in Pakistan these days, are a circus anyway.
Yup, it could also simply be a subtle PR campaign in an attempt to balance the image. more so since this chap is a foreign policy advisor to niazi now.
Moeed W. Yusuf
1597004389373.png

porky_kicker

Country flag
Yup, it could also simply be a subtle PR campaign in an attempt to balance the image. more so since this chap is a foreign policy advisor to niazi now.
Moeed W. Yusuf
View attachment 55950
This guy is dangerous , he is the one who has been instrumental is getting the democrats to toe pakistan interests . Brought together Islamists and liberals groups in US on anti India program. involved with the Turks too.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Four-pronged strategy being pursued to deal with India: FM
Qureshi said countries would have to depend on their own strengths rather than looking towards [international organisations and laws]. — PID/File

Qureshi said countries would have to depend on their own strengths rather than looking towards [international organisations and laws]. — PID/File
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi explained the government’s four-point strategy over dealing with India on Monday and emphasised that in a changing world, there would have to be a greater reliance on national strength rather than looking towards international structures.
Participating in a webinar on “Annexation of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir: Lessons for Regional Security”, organised by Islamabad Policy Institute (IPI), the foreign minister said there was a “new world, brave or grave, that is upon us, and with which we have to contend.
“This world is more uncertain, less predictable, and for these reasons, perhaps more dysfunctional.”
While emphasising that “the buffers and support systems of international organisations and international law” had not come up to expectations, Mr Qureshi said countries would have to depend on their own strengths rather than looking towards those structures.
Webinar discusses annexation of occupied Jammu and Kashmir
Explaining the government’s strategy on dealing with India’s expansionist designs, he said a four-pronged strategy was being pursued. It entailed confronting, exposing and pushing back against New Delhi’s intentions; deterring it through military preparedness, conflict resolution and confidence-building; and not being distracted by India’s actions and continuing with regional integration projects through participation in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, and the Economic Cooperation Organisation. Efforts were being made for revival of the South Asian Association of Regional Countries, the foreign minister added.
Dr Shireen Mazari, Minister for Human Rights, listed the areas in which she believed diplomacy was lacking.
She had last week railed against the Foreign Office over its handling of the Kashmir issue. Dr Mazari said there was more focus on the political dynamics rather than looking at it from a wider spectrum. She suggested the sufferings of women and children in India-held Kashmir be highlighted aggressively.
“We have not appealed enough to women’s organisations on the plight of Kashmiri women,” she maintained.
Dr Mazari contended that India was moving up the escalation ladder, committing actions in Kashmir that amounted to genocide, and therefore the threat of war was getting more imminent. The impact of a conflict, she warned, would not remain limited and affect others in the neighbourhood as well because of “unintended consequences”.
She proposed pursuing the model of ‘Good Friday Agreement’ in 1998, which brought together all parties to the conflict in Northern Ireland and ended decades of violence, as a possible approach for resolving the Kashmir dispute.
The webinar was attended, besides Pakistanis, by scholars and think tank representatives from India-occupied Kashmir, China, Iran, Turkey, Bangladesh and Nepal.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles