American and European Air to Air Missiles.

Do you really think that American and other European Origin Air to air Missiles are the Best?

• No

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • America is father of air to air Missiles!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Not really sure

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hello everyone, Welcome to this thread, in this thread we will discuss all the Technical Info and Stuff there is to discuss with regards to American and European Origin Air to air (AOA) missiles. We Shall Discuss about the Technology and the nomenclature of these Missiles. Some popular examples of American Air to Air Missiles are:
-
AIM-120 AMRAAM(In below image)
847c06742992785d9098a6860c7e3cd4-2-1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AIM-7 Sparrow(In below image)
13949394071_3848ccc554_b.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AIM-9 Sidewinder(In below image)
aim-9-sidewinder-001.jpg

Some examples of European Air to air Missiles are.

Meteor (Image below)
ILA_2008_PD_446.JPG

ASRAAM(Image below)
ASRAAM_Missiles_Fitted_to_RAF_Typhoon_Jet_MOD_45155903.jpg

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
This is the Picture of a Meteor Air to Air Missile equiped on an Indian Airforce Rafale. A very rare pic, if I am not wrong this is the only Picture available in the public domain of IAF Rafale Armed with Meteor.
20220126_220424.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
Guys I was going through Twitter and I noticed that Paki Fanboys like Swift Retort and some other Pakis on PDF and also Twitter are still even in 2022 claiming that the AMRAAM wreckage which was recovered in India was the one which Shot down a SU-30 MKI. This was related to the AIM-120 Missile topic so I thought that this would be the appropriate thread to post it here. I am copy pasting a very detailed post made by @Neptune here who explains the AIM-1205C AMRAAM Wreakage in detail,so here is the Post:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A common myth in the Pakistani community is that the AMRAAM wreckage recovered in India shot down a phantom SU-30MKI. It’s wildly excepted on PDF especially by senior members such as Windjammer. Here we go dispelling that propaganda with proof.

First off, the AIM-120 travels at Mach 4 and has a high explosive warhead. Naturally it will turn into debris even if it fails to hit any aircraft due to sheer force from impact, explosive warhead and the velocity.

The below image depicts the wreckage which is flattened out. This is common with aircraft or missiles that hit the ground horizontally with enough force. For reference a Mig-29 shows a similar effect. The size of the AIM-120 is also rather large, approximately 3-3.5 feet or about 0.914 meters, rather unusually large if it impacted an aircraft at Mach 4.
76B5B3BC-8A1A-42C7-ADE7-2191A1CA45BC.jpeg

Here is a better understanding of where the missile wreckage came from and where the warhead sits. If anything the missile would be crushed similar to a tin can and break up in small pieces instead of having such large, well preserved wreckage especially wreckage that is flattened. It is therefore without a shadow of a doubt that the AIM-120 impacted the ground with high force hence the flattened effect.
5B9F767A-B737-436A-8C99-CAF0AD040FC2.jpeg

So guys if on twitter, if you find any paki still peddling this Propoganda especially that Bitch Swifty than send him this Explaination and shut his mouth!

Credit & Thanks to @Neptune for this!

Super Flanker

Country flag
BDL has partnered with MBDA UK for setting up a final assembly , integration and testing facility for ASRAAM missile in India
I wonder if Raytheon, the maker of AMRAAM Series of Missiles (like AIM-120C5, AIM-120C7 etc) would set up such a facility for Final Assembly, Integration and Testing here in India like how MBDA UK has done for ASRAAM in India.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Only if we buy some american missiles which we probably won't
Yeah most likely if we place a Large Bulk order for American Series of Air to Air (AOA) Missiles than they might do something like that but considering that we will have Astra, I don't think so that it will happen, also I am not sure if Americans will be willing to Part with such Technology.

Angel of War

Country flag
Yeah most likely if we place a Large Bulk order for American Series of Air to Air (AOA) Missiles than they might do something like that but considering that we will have Astra, I don't think so that it will happen, also I am not sure if Americans will be willing to Part with such Technology.
we should only focus on Astra , american missiles are not important

Super Flanker

Country flag
ASRAAM being equipped onto an IAF Jaguar Darin III aircraft
View attachment 134085
The picture you have quoted claiming it's Jaguar Darin 3 is infact not a Jaguar Darin 3, it's either a Jaguar Darin I or Jaguar Darin II because Jaguar Darin III doesn't have that pointy rod projection sticking out from its Nose. So its most probably Jaguar Darin I because out of Jaguar Darin I and Jaguar Darin II , only Darin II has that Upper Hardpoint on its Respective Wing.

(This might help you understand the Differences better)

20220127_111045.jpg
20220127_111047.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
we should only focus on Astra , american missiles are not important
Rightly said, better to stick with Indigenous Options but still AMRAAM is pretty Advanced. Astra MK-1 is said to be on par or with or better than AMRAAM AIM-120C5 in terms of range(That's all that I am trying to say here)

Angel of War

Country flag
The picture you have quoted claiming it's Jaguar Darin 3 is infact not a Jaguar Darin 3, it's either a Jaguar Darin I or Jaguar Darin II because Jaguar Darin III doesn't have that pointy rod projection sticking out from its Nose. So its most probably Jaguar Darin I because out of Jaguar Darin I and Jaguar Darin II , only Darin II has that Upper Hardpoint on its Respective Wing.

(This might help you understand the Differences better)
View attachment 134154View attachment 134155
ok , didnt know this

Global Defence

Articles