American tourist weds Jaipur autowallah

Vikramaditya

Country flag
:man_in_love:They say love transcends all boundaries - whether of race, religion or even nationality.

Auto driver Harish Kumar and tourist Whitney Stalker set an example on Tuesday, with an East-West fusion of the marital kind. The two met for the first time in Jaipur, when Whitney - who is from Chicago - hired Harish's auto to see the sights around the Pink City. Four days later, they were happily married.

"I asked her to have tea with me and she agreed. After that I showed her around Jaipur. We fell in love as we rode together. As soon as we had discussed our feelings, we decided to get married," explains Harish. "I think he's really a happy guy, so bright, so smart. He treats me very nicely," adds Whitney.

The couple got married at an Arya Samaj temple. And though Harish's mother admits she was keen on a bride from her own community, she has now accepted her Videshi Bahu on her son's insistence. "Parents have their own dreams and I wanted him to marry within our caste. But now I've given them my blessings, because our happiness really lies in whatever makes them happy," says Pushpa Devi.

Whitney doesn't understand Hindi, and Harish's family is trying to give her a crash course in the language. But that will have to wait till the newlyweds return from their honeymoon - in America.:d_kiss:

Vikramaditya

Country flag
kya love story hay baba............

bilkool filmy bollywood style.......

autowallah ki goodday ho guya

bhramos

Country flag
its Love story 2009 bhai.
end of happiness, now starts real drama in life.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles