AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Niggah .. I assure you this link does not exist ... CATS is a HAL project designed to work with tejas and no other. We will get to see multiple "MOUs" before CATS is connected to AMCA (an ADA project)

If Tejas can act as the Mothership to CATS, then there is lot of possibility that AMCA will also leverage the CATS platform. ADA will definitely utilize these advantages they learned from Tejas program.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Let’s not downgrade the effort of Turkish engineers in the project. If even assembly was easy, even Zimbabwe would make an fighter.

Their govt is spending money to create an project. It feels it can be like France or Korea in the defence market. Aviation is the costly sector also making lots of money.

I am not mocking anyone here. I am just listing down the help Turkey and SK getting while our guys are getting hyperventilated why AMCA is not here in a faster line.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I doubt all these 5 th gen aircraft being shitted out are any match for f22 or even f 35.
F22 was a product of 3 decades of research and it's capabilities aren't even fully know yet.
I doubt even our own AMCA can match f 22.
5 gen isn't all just about the shining looking look and shape there is much more to it.
We have the tech for canopy with a special chemical coating, (source in this thread )
Radar absorbent paint which was made back in 2017.
Internal weapon bay material that absorbs radar wave.
F 22 has all the same things but I belive they are individually better.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
I doubt all these 5 th gen aircraft being shitted out are any match for f22 or even f 35.
F22 was a product of 3 decades of research and it's capabilities aren't even fully know yet.
I doubt even our own AMCA can match f 22.
5 gen isn't all just about the shining looking look and shape there is much more to it.
We have the tech for canopy with a special chemical coating, (source in this thread )
Radar absorbent paint which was made back in 2017.
Internal weapon bay material that absorbs radar wave.
F 22 has all the same things but I belive they are individually better.

Russians are the first one who put research papers radar reflection of planes using Angular straight faces. At that time, they don't give a shit and US guys took that research paper and make the F-117. From there they got a lot of understanding and finally F-22 came.

Even today F-22 put much higher emphasis on stealth compared to other platforms. Also it has superior Kinetic performance and go against pretty good agile 4.5 fighters.

But US went on network warfare and decided to put more emphasis on Sensor Fusion stuff like EOTS, DAS etc. The perspective in the middle changed somewhat from what F22 was meant to do.

We are all following that 2 approach now.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Russians are the first one who put research papers radar reflection of planes using Angular straight faces. At that time, they don't give a shit and US guys took that research paper and make the F-117. From there they got a lot of understanding and finally F-22 came.

Even today F-22 put much higher emphasis on stealth compared to other platforms. Also it has superior Kinetic performance and go against pretty good agile 4.5 fighters.

But US went on network warfare and decided to put more emphasis on Sensor Fusion stuff like EOTS, DAS etc. The perspective in the middle changed somewhat from what F22 was meant to do.

We are all following that 2 approach now.
Why are we not going with eots in mk1 is still out of my reach do we not have the technology?

Gyyan

Country flag
About the Uttam Mk3 do we have any idea about the material and no of trm?

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
I am not mocking anyone here. I am just listing down the help Turkey and SK getting while our guys are getting hyperventilated why AMCA is not here in a faster line.
This is why Chinese and even Pakis mock us. But their mocking is Tejas too had foreign help and foreign components. There is no “help” but payment given to get work done. If india is to pay BAE or Boeing they will also do the work for us. At the end they own the IP.

If at all, Indian scientists should put pressure on the govt instead of giving timelines to media every few months.

Indian AF requirements is huge, so we haven’t started work on AMCA and prioritizing mk2 in the meantime, which makes sense. Just have to have hope in God and Indian diplomacy that we don’t get into an full flown war with China before 2040

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
This is why Chinese and even Pakis mock us. But their mocking is Tejas too had foreign help and foreign components. There is no “help” but payment given to get work done. If india is to pay BAE or Boeing they will also do the work for us. At the end they own the IP.

If at all, Indian scientists should put pressure on the govt instead of giving timelines to media every few months.

Indian AF requirements is huge, so we haven’t started work on AMCA and prioritizing mk2 in the meantime, which makes sense. Just have to have hope in God and Indian diplomacy that we don’t get into an full flown war with China before 2040
Don't worry.
Only major component left now are engine and ejection seat.
Engine we are working on.

As for ejection seat, talks with Argentina has made it clear that brits won't be supplying it.

We are on the right path.

mokoman

Country flag

some common sense from the IAF chief

AMCA - the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft - programme is due for a key milestone, the completion of the critical design review (CDR) by the end of 2022. The AMCA project director AK Ghosh has been recently quoted stating that the first prototype of India’s futuristic fighter will roll out by end-2025 and the deadline for the first flight is 2026-27.

The only significant foreign collaboration sought by the ADA is for the development of a 110 kN engine to power the futuristic fighter. The French Safran, British Rolls Royce and American General Electric are competing to offer collaboration backed by their respective Governments.

But now, the IAF Chief has advised “prudence” of foreign tie-ups as a back-up for development of “alternative systems and sensors” just in case the indigenous effort slips on deadlines.

--------

Air Chief Marshal Chaudhari expressed the same anxiety with respect to the LCA Mk-2. “LCA Mk-2 was initially planned to be rolled out in 2018. CCS (Cabinet Committee on Security) approval for the design and development of the aircraft has been granted recently. Readiness for flight testing is envisaged by 2024 followed by induction from 2030-31. This is an aggressive timeline and we hope that ADA and HAL will be able to meet it,” he stated.

only gods know if/when any of these things happen .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles