AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

radion

Country flag
Just a brown sepoy working for american think tank suggesting "Drop AMCA, Buy F-35". Make profits for american companies. :frusty: China has no experience in building a stealth fighter before J-20, but they did it. This is how Tejas dragged for 20+ years.
The only import related comment is here.
The easiest way to bolster the IAF’s numbers and enhance its capabilities is to procure fighters from abroad. Nevertheless, the Indian government has been reluctant to acquire large numbers of foreign aircraft. It famously canceled the deal to acquire 126 foreign multirole combat aircraft in 2015 and has made little progress on a similar deal to acquire 114 foreign fighter jets. It has instead emphasized indigenous development and production. Consequently, the Tejas would be best placed to fill the gap in the IAF; however, it is a less-than-perfect fighter in its current avatar. The IAF has long-held reservations about the capabilities of the Tejas, and its lack of faith in the aircraft is best demonstrated by its decision to deploy the fighter in Southern India, far from the northern frontiers with Pakistan and China.

This makes it imperative for India to double down on building the Tejas Mark II, a much-improved version of the Tejas featuring a more powerful engine, longer range, greater payload capacity, superior avionics, and an advanced electronic warfare suite. The Tejas Mark II is being developed parallel to the AMCA and on a similar timeline, but it is unlikely to face the same issues as the stealth fighter.
mfer asks us to double down on mk2 but yall bashing him for being import lobby

DeadCritic

Country flag
Modi's Govt is hell-bent on Indigenous weapons and fighters.
It's quite clear from recent developments like early MK1A flights, MK2 roll-out before time, AMCA metal cutting, etc that AMCA is also going at a good pace.
I am pretty sure that we will see first prototype before the 2024 general elections.

A recent speech from Modi clearly shows his intent which keeps me very hopeful for the immediate future.
Only one thing can derail the AMCA program and that is NDA losing the 2024 election which seems highly unlikely.

dfcool

Country flag
The only import related comment is here.
read it carefully.

The easiest way to bolster the IAF’s numbers and enhance its capabilities is to procure fighters from abroad
- promoting foreign fighter jets

Tejas is a less-than-perfect fighter in its current avatar.
- bashing tejas as somekind of junk

its lack of faith in the aircraft is best demonstrated by its decision to deploy the fighter in Southern India, far from the northern frontiers with Pakistan and China.
- clearly this guy misleading others, our bases in southern india are training and maintenance only. Tejas deployed along the border.

He completely ignored mk1a, clearly this guy is a rookie don't know anything except written by indian badge. He just read some articles and published this one. We give too much importance to any information comes from west.

mfer asks us to double down on mk2
india has resources for mk2, amca and doing it.

yall bashing him for being import lobby
Thats how military industrial complex works in usa, they get paid large amount to write such misleading article against foreign countries. our import lobby reads these articles and goes on purchasing spree :scared2:

MonaLazy

Bola tha :)

But MoD hasn't shown any interest in it. It was basically a case presented by Lockheed Martin and their *Indian* partner.

LM & Tata trying to scuttle AMCA? Good thing MoD isn't listening.

Vinash

Country flag

But MoD hasn't shown any interest in it. It was basically a case presented by Lockheed Martin and their *Indian* partner.

GOI needs to put a leash on the Parsi MNC. I cringe everytime I see naive Hindus praising Tatas. They aren't as innocent as Hindus like to believe.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
GOI needs to put a leash on the Parsi MNC. I cringe everytime I see naive Hindus praising Tatas. They aren't as innocent as Hindus like to believe.
Saffron Mlecchas who worship ashuras will always backstab,they are racist and instead of showing curtsy for giving them refuge from desert mlecchas but they collaborated with the enemies of hindus every time whether it was britishers,porkis,commies(tiss),they looted hindus and run pr to fool indians.

dfcool

Country flag

Remember F21, When we were trying to buy advanced fighter jets, Lockheed martin offered new fighter jet called F21 for india, but some indians are clever and quickly pointed F21 = F16 + full touch screen + new paint.
Comments are hilarious, you should read them. :india:

MirageBlue

Country flag
Just a brown sepoy working for american think tank suggesting "Drop AMCA, Buy F-35". Make profits for american companies. :frusty: China has no experience in building a stealth fighter before J-20, but they did it. This is how Tejas dragged for 20+ years.
I actually wasted 5-6 minutes of my time reading that article. Not a single technical argument, because that guy has no technical background. He's quoting articles from 2017 to state that Tejas has flaws and those need to be fixed. And I seriously don't know how they at Carnegie think that someone will fall for such a poorly researched and written article?!

I blasted him for a tweet where he was acting all condescending, stating that "Why on earth would US or Australia even look at LCA", quoting an article that stated HAL had offered both countries the LCA. Imagine the mental slavery of this brown saheb. Sniggering at an Indian program as if he was born in the US or Australia. He just quickly deleted that tweet varna Twitter pe uski poll khul jaati that he doesn't know the engine from the intake.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Isn't f22 the inspiration behind amca

I think AMCA will have some Russian Characteristics with Western style tech. Since IAF pilots have good understanding of Sukhoi platform and also have great ease of use with respect to Tejas. I think AMCA will some good acrobatics capability with good avionics capability.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I think AMCA will have some Russian Characteristics with Western style tech. Since IAF pilots have good understanding of Sukhoi platform and also have great ease of use with respect to Tejas. I think AMCA will some good acrobatics capability with good avionics capability.
Im really exited to see this beast

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From 11:20 can be seen the chief designer of YF-23 (rival that lost out to F-22) was a Taiwanese: Yu-Ping Lu.
B-2 spirit principal designer is nowshir gowadia of iitbombay .He is the father of stealth propulsion system which protects b-21 from heat seeking missile which was later on used in f22.He is in jail as he sold some designs to israel and germany the german folks backstabbed him by selling it to pla and now he is in jail.If india can get his extradiction we can build our amca as a true stealth from front and back.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles