AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yeah that's why i asked, since didn't the canards were one of the reason why stealth was compromised for j20 and why would you want that for AMCA unless bleh is trying some hidden joke then nvm.
No no, not joking. Junk-20 canards are neither edge-aligned nor hedraly aligned, that's why they aren't stealthy.
If your design is not-shit then a canard is no different from a tail. It's a myth ...& some classic murican misinfo!

2010_JAST_PR160502_2_1267828237_3513.jpg

AMCA had great area-ruling, but it's really a strike & snipe aircraft. I doubt it can match an ORCA or Rafale, in A2A performance. MWF is a very strike oriented aircraft (that extra-close coupled canard like La'vi & Kfir is for facilitating that only). I thought AMCA should be different.

Vamsi

Country flag
No no, not joking. Junk-20 canards are neither edge-aligned nor hedraly aligned, that's why they aren't stealthy.
If your design is not-shit then a canard is no different from a tail. It's a myth ...& some classic murican misinfo!

View attachment 116828

AMCA had great area-ruling, but it's really a strike & snipe aircraft. I doubt it can match an ORCA or Rafale, in A2A performance. MWF is a very strike oriented aircraft (that extra-close coupled canard like La'vi & Kfir is for facilitating that only). I thought AMCA should be different.
So, u mean AMCA is a sniper with very long range SFDR based BVR and MWF is a bomb truck and Teddy and it's AF version are true multi role aircrafts?

Vamsi

Country flag

View attachment 116828

Then add a IWB and twin tail to Teddy's Mk-2 version and make it a stealth bird

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Then add a IWB and twin tail to Teddy's Mk-2 version and make it a stealth bird
Not that simple.. They make it semi-stealth. Going to stealth from that is hard.

Adding IWB & serpentine-intakes to Teddy will be difficult than the other way round for AMCA.

So, u mean AMCA is a sniper with very long range SFDR based BVR and MWF is a bomb truck and Teddy and it's AF version are true multi role aircrafts?
Accurate... That's my understanding rn.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Is TEDBF vertical fail fin and Tejas like delta wings compatible with stealth?

Chinks have recently showcased a carrier compatible version of their J-31 with folded wings. The same can be acheived by Navalizing AMCA design. But the problem lies in its limited payload capabilities and unsuitable aerodynamics with carrier operations. The Navy rejected N-AMCA on such grounds. Will they show interest in such projects in the future? Time will tell.

Ikariyasan

Country flag

View attachment 116828

Sorry for bumping this thread when I have nothing to contribute. I am just a layperson/fanboy. With a better T:W ratio & TVC would AMCA Mk2 be any better in this regard?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Sorry for bumping this thread when I have nothing to contribute. I am just a layperson/fanboy. With a better T:W ratio & TVC would AMCA Mk2 be any better in this regard?
It should be.. But expect other factors. Like MWF has same T/W ratio as LCA due to increments.

I won't be surprised if AMCA Mk2 is larger.

LOL...so called 'aligned ' things....very very old topic.

View attachment 117082
Yea that's what I'm saying, very old news that it's not.
IMG_20211101_232223.jpg

Frontally canards are dihedral, so absolutely not... 8 signature producer fins compared to 4 of F-22/35. Go eat your bat-penis soup. (Indians don't get too happy, neither is our AMCA.. We both have had different priorities)

Last edited:

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
They might. I dunno. Hard to tell at this point. Undecided.
Be better to go for a 6th gen Heavy Air Dominance Fighter design post-2030. FSED for that can begin by 2040. Service entry by 2050. Other than that, churn out TEDBFs and AMCAs like sausages (as much as OPEX allows) to get through 2040s unscathed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles