AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Nope , amca is a necessity iaf perceive , induction can't be delayed as no option is available , also indigenous weapons will be available and cost of any foreign platform integrated with indian weapons would be much much more than amca , so be confident , mk 1 is limited due to engine majorly
Production rate would be 8 per year like LCA

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its according to me isn't gonna be as success full as people say its gonna be .its not gonna be the new mig21.it would have to face fierce competition from the f35,KFX and fc 31 so it may find a some customers but not like what the mig 21 did

Sukhoi's Checkmate and all other F-35 wannabes cannot compete against the F-35. In fact, only those who cannot afford or can afford but cannot buy F-35 will consider Checkmate and analogues.

FalconZero

Country flag
Like fly-by-optics usage instead of fly-by-wire, usage of AI (optionally unmanned) and directed enertgy weapons are some of 6th gen features.
DEW? Naah. Rest sounds believable.

Production rate would be 8 per year like LCA
Naah, considering private industry will be involved, it can easily cross 10 to 12 mark/annum. Maybe more.

The only delay will be in development but not production, considering by the time it goes into production MWF will be done and HAL will have enough time/experience to figure how they want to proceed with private players.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
DEW? Naah. Rest sounds believable.

Naah, considering private industry will be involved, it can easily cross 10 to 12 mark/annum. Maybe more.

The only delay will be in development but not production, considering by the time it goes into production MWF will be done and HAL will have enough time/experience to figure how they want to proceed with private players.
I am hearing this “private industry will be involved” as some magical roohani chooran which will make us produce 16 AMCA Mk1 per year, what do you think that LCA is completely made by HAL? HAL is just assembling and majority of it’s fuselage is made by private companies in India. Yet production rate is awful, so this private sector involvement chooran is not good to be used as a hopium when order itself is too small, no company will produce 40 aircrafts in 2-3 years. Our LCA Mk1 orders if I’m not wrong were 20+20 that’s why even after so many years (more than 5 years) since IAF gave order for Tejas only half of the deliveries have been completed and half will be completed in 2024, that’s almost 10 years since orders were given afaik.

1627226431846.jpeg

LCA MK2 can be produced in huge numbers because it is a fukin huge requirement, if IAF buys 170 aircrafts in a single order then it’s production will be very fast. But I don’t think IAF will order 170 in one go.

Nope , amca is a necessity iaf perceive , induction can't be delayed as no option is available , also indigenous weapons will be available and cost of any foreign platform integrated with indian weapons would be much much more than amca , so be confident , mk 1 is limited due to engine majorly

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
None of these features are confirmed in AMCA as of yet.
1.Fly by light
2.All electric ECS
3. Re configurable flight control
4. AI based pilot associate.
5. Flush air data system.
6. FC AE based avionics.
7. Shared aperture antenna.

None of these features are present in any existing 5th gen aircraft.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Reposting my article on AMCA once again:cruisin2:.

Please check it out those who have not.

SavageKing456

Country flag

FalconZero

Country flag
I am hearing this “private industry will be involved” as some magical roohani chooran which will make us produce 16 AMCA Mk1 per year, what do you think that LCA is completely made by HAL? HAL is just assembling and majority of it’s fuselage is made by private companies in India. Yet production rate is awful, so this private sector involvement chooran is not good to be used as a hopium when order itself is too small, no company will produce 40 aircrafts in 2-3 years. Our LCA Mk1 orders if I’m not wrong were 20+20 that’s why even after so many years (more than 5 years) since IAF gave order for Tejas only half of the deliveries have been completed and half will be completed in 2024, that’s almost 10 years since orders were given afaik.

View attachment 101849

LCA MK2 can be produced in huge numbers because it is a fukin huge requirement, if IAF buys 170 aircrafts in a single order then it’s production will be very fast. But I don’t think IAF will order 170 in one go.
Comparing HAL who just got orders for Mk1a hurt by covid to a HAL which has already delivered Mk1a (83) then Most of MWF with actual significant private partnership under no covid like situation with better experience and infra.

Also, we are not aware of the degree of private-public partnership there.

kamaal

Country flag
I have seen more than 2 generations of people growing in front of my eyes, since AMCA's announcement and this paper plane is still no where near prototype phase. And now they have started calling it 5.5 generation to hide their delay and failure to compete with the world. Pathetic babu, licking political masters.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I have seen more than 2 generations of people growing in front of my eyes, since AMCA's announcement and this paper plane is still no where near prototype phase. And now they have started calling it 5.5 generation to hide their delay and failure to compete with the world. Pathetic babu, licking political masters.

When was money allocated for research ,when was it perceived as a project even than a pipe dream .

Let.me clarify you , what happened with tejas was set to be repeated with amca with dear su 57 , thanks to some people that now we are out of it and going our way alone , that was in 2017 or so that amca received funding and a proper go ahead .

Now the design was changed time to time as per user feedback , iaf wants good manuverability as well as stealth ,so dsi has to be introduced ,design has to be changed .

Then the sensors in it should be better than others in class as per iaf ,that requires substantial funding , i think how many generation passsed or will pass don't depend on condition of our country and it's manufacturing ability as well as research maturity .

Competition with world ?? Which world , only 3 country have developed a 5gen aircraft and amkng them only a single has fielded in a large number as per requirement . Euther we should have flown the bird and had been making rectification like russian and chinese after induction as the process in rushed .

View attachment 101849

Do you even realize what you are saying , tejas was almost like arjun , to be dumped anyday , mk 1 a deal was not confirmed and had a huge chances of sabotage , lch is yet to be ordered , how can they ramp up capacity .

And mk1a is basically hal project almost , not amca mk2 , iaf is procuring small nber of mk 1 so that large number of mk 2 can be procured , as the technological lead it will provide to us in region would be better with mk 2 .

Private partner are yet to be mature and big companies , with completion of this mk1a and mk2 saga to begin we would be having them improved and doing efficient and fast delivery , same can't be said today .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
When was money allocated for research ,when was it perceived as a project even than a pipe dream .

Let.me clarify you , what happened with tejas was set to be repeated with amca with dear su 57 , thanks to some people that now we are out of it and going our way alone , that was in 2017 or so that amca received funding and a proper go ahead .

Now the design was changed time to time as per user feedback , iaf wants good manuverability as well as stealth ,so dsi has to be introduced ,design has to be changed .

Then the sensors in it should be better than others in class as per iaf ,that requires substantial funding , i think how many generation passsed or will pass don't depend on condition of our country and it's manufacturing ability as well as research maturity .

Competition with world ?? Which world , only 3 country have developed a 5gen aircraft and amkng them only a single has fielded in a large number as per requirement . Euther we should have flown the bird and had been making rectification like russian and chinese after induction as the process in rushed .

Do you even realize what you are saying , tejas was almost like arjun , to be dumped anyday , mk 1 a deal was not confirmed and had a huge chances of sabotage , lch is yet to be ordered , how can they ramp up capacity .

And mk1a is basically hal project almost , not amca mk2 , iaf is procuring small nber of mk 1 so that large number of mk 2 can be procured , as the technological lead it will provide to us in region would be better with mk 2 .

Private partner are yet to be mature and big companies , with completion of this mk1a and mk2 saga to begin we would be having them improved and doing efficient and fast delivery , same can't be said today .
I know all this but if you’ll order 40 MK1 AMCA then it’s production and induction would be pretty slow.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I know all this but if you’ll order 40 MK1 AMCA then it’s production and induction would be pretty slow.
And the mark 2 with very little difference will come there by end of production , at 16 aircraft a year it will take you three year to complete order and then mk 2 will come by ,so i don't sense much of a problem , we can have a single facility with thst capacity

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
And the mark 2 with very little difference will come there by end of production , at 16 aircraft a year it will take you three year to complete order and then mk 2 will come by ,so i don't sense much of a problem , we can have a single facility with thst capacity
After that ypu will be needing about 20 a year to fullfil that follow on orders and all ,as whole world will be having 5 gen birds ,in small amount and with bigger economy ,our international presence need more jets , so about 150 are required by us , and at that time economy would be bigger than 15 trillion near 2036 or so for follow on order , we would be having enough money to afford it

SavageKing456

Country flag
1. One step at a time, please.
-- Ok, to be more specific: before any dream/inspiration, can we get that MK1/A production in order (pace up)?
2. The last thing we need now, is a chest-beating DRDO. I truly want to know how and why this chief dare to claim that way.
Wdym he claimed?
He is the chief,knows more about the project ,more than what's the info available in public.
Lots of tech developed already,it needs advancements though.
And DRDO is not responsible for tejas mk1a it's HAL.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles