AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Spitfire9

Country flag
Hmmm.
I am saying this due to uncertainty on few things, like engine, AESA radar and many other electronics. And .......Ya! money.
Uncertainty is not the word where the AMCA engine is concerned - it doesn't exist and there is no firm go ahead on one. But I thought that the radar was not very uncertain - Mk1A nearing a production version (I imagine), MWF under development. If they can do those two, I guess they should be able to do one for AMCA.

Money... if GOI won't pay for the engine, Mk2 can be scrapped and that would save a load in development costs, wouldn't it?

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Out of topic but this could've been better imo
View attachment 100702
It depends upon the maximum flight profile speed the aircraft is designed for. The 1st design at the bottom is akin to F 35 and the second one, I've never seen one. The mock-up of checkmate shows a DSI type intake suggesting the max speed of 1.8 to 2 mach. And the intake fitment under the nose without diverter or bleeding mechanism to seperate the boundary layer air is for keeping up the stealth requirement.

If you see the F35, both intakes have bulges that reduce the pressure of air passing in that boundary layer to reduce speed. Same as Venturi effect. Having two intakes with diverter less mechanism or having one big intake with DSI is same as long as the engine intake requirement is met.

Shekhar Singh

Country flag
Uncertainty is not the word where the AMCA engine is concerned - it doesn't exist and there is no firm go ahead on one. But I thought that the radar was not very uncertain - Mk1A nearing a production version (I imagine), MWF under development. If they can do those two, I guess they should be able to do one for AMCA.

Money... if GOI won't pay for the engine, Mk2 can be scrapped and that would save a load in development costs, wouldn't it?
Sir ji! I am talking about proposed Russian single engine FA.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Sir ji! I am talking about proposed Russian single engine FA.
Its according to me isn't gonna be as success full as people say its gonna be .its not gonna be the new mig21.it would have to face fierce competition from the f35,KFX and fc 31 so it may find a some customers but not like what the mig 21 did

Starlight

Country flag
Its according to me isn't gonna be as success full as people say its gonna be .its not gonna be the new mig21.it would have to face fierce competition from the f35,KFX and fc 31 so it may find a some customers but not like what the mig 21 did
Hey don't forget the LCA as competition.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I have a question how did our esteemed commentator get to conclusion AMCA is 5.5 generation?
What are in general 5.5 generation features and what such features will AMCA have?
Air Chief marshal in an interview said, lot of countries have already deployes 5G birds, When IAF plans to induct it, it also plans to incorporate some 6G tech in it
Will post the video later

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I have a question how did our esteemed commentator get to conclusion AMCA is 5.5 generation?
What are in general 5.5 generation features and what such features will AMCA have?
Like fly-by-optics usage instead of fly-by-wire, usage of AI (optionally unmanned) and directed enertgy weapons are some of 6th gen features.

SavageKing456

Country flag
There's no clear definition of "generation" what we're perceiving is that it was benchmarked by US,tomorrow if i unveil a superior aircraft,it would be benchmarked as a possible next gen aircraft.
Most of them use as a marketing gimmicks.
I hope after AMCA and others we lay down the benchmarks for next gen aircrafts and not US or China.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I feel AMCA going the LCA way, 40+83 like the Tejas.
40 MK1s will be bought in initial batch and 83 Mk2s will be bought in 2nd batch like LCA, so obviously the production and induction of AMCA will be as fast as LCA right now.
Nope , amca is a necessity iaf perceive , induction can't be delayed as no option is available , also indigenous weapons will be available and cost of any foreign platform integrated with indian weapons would be much much more than amca , so be confident , mk 1 is limited due to engine majorly

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles