AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

MirageBlue

Country flag
I sense trouble in the future for our Tejas Mk2 due to this T-75 Checkmate program..the Russians have no need for a single engine 5th gen fighter. This program will be targeted for export and India will be one of the primary countries that the Russians will try to entice to join the program.

Expect more hit job articles on the Tejas Mk2 from pliable media (and there's no shortage of such people in Indian media who will write articles at the behest of someone for some money). They will compare the two and say that the Tejas Mk2 is not stealthy and will be obsolete in 10-15 years due to lack of stealth.

Shekhar Singh

Country flag
I sense trouble in the future for our Tejas Mk2 due to this T-75 Checkmate program..the Russians have no need for a single engine 5th gen fighter. This program will be targeted for export and India will be one of the primary countries that the Russians will try to entice to join the program.

Expect more hit job articles on the Tejas Mk2 from pliable media (and there's no shortage of such people in Indian media who will write articles at the behest of someone for some money). They will compare the two and say that the Tejas Mk2 is not stealthy and will be obsolete in 10-15 years due to lack of stealth.
It will take atleast 10 years.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Sure we won't need 10 years for MWF? Go check Tejas Mk1/1a thread, please.
With dragging pace there, time is NOT really on MWF side.
Nope , go check out older pages , and development and manufacturing are not same thing if i am speaking English which is understandable

Spitfire9

Country flag
We would apply different route for tejas mk2 production so as it enters production quickly
I hope India (meaning GOI) bites the bullet and starts the process of creating an alternative non-government controlled assembly sector soon. The home market for MWF could be 200+ and there should be a bigger export market for MWF than Mk1A (range improvement). In the medium term a non-government owned company is likely to become more competitive than HAL and if in the process increased assembly plants need to be built, so much the better. Long term if HAL cannot compete, fast jet assembly would migrate to the new company.

SavageKing456

Country flag
I hope India (meaning GOI) bites the bullet and starts the process of creating an alternative non-government controlled assembly sector soon. The home market for MWF could be 200+ and there should be a bigger export market for MWF than Mk1A (range improvement). In the medium term a non-government owned company is likely to become more competitive than HAL and if in the process increased assembly plants need to be built, so much the better. Long term if HAL cannot compete, fast jet assembly would migrate to the new company.
First priority should be for Intellectual Property rights laws especially on private companies.
F35 secrets have long been blown off not only by Chinese but also by Indians,which Includes the rcs prediction and material design softwares,Indian engineers might've provided necessary tools.

Spitfire9

Country flag
First priority should be for Intellectual Property rights laws especially on private companies.
F35 secrets have long been blown off not only by Chinese but also by Indians,which Includes the rcs prediction and material design softwares,Indian engineers might've provided necessary tools.
I'm curious. I don't know much about IP laws. How do you mean 'on private companies'? By the way, I am proposing setting up an assembly business, not a company to design aircraft or manufacture components..

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
I'm curious. I don't know much about IP laws. How do you mean 'on private companies'?
In case of private companies if they do R&D and don't protect their IP of designs,developed systems,it's easily accessible unlike govt owned organizations.
Security is needed with clearance both from cyber attacks and HUMINT.
While R&D POV they should be kinda independent but security POV they should be under govt control.
How would you control unauthorized transfer of technology to possibly an enemy country or to a country which you don't to,by strict IP Laws you regulate it.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Country flag
In case of private companies if they do R&D and don't protect their IP of designs,developed systems,it's easily accessible unlike govt owned organizations.
Security is needed with clearance both from cyber attacks and HUMINT.
While R&D POV they should be kinda independent but security POV they should be under govt control.
How would you control unauthorized transfer of technology to possibly an enemy country or to a country which you don't to,by strict IP Laws you regulate it.
I understand, you are talking about security in private companies. I think US, France, UK have their major military systems developed by private companies. If the demands put on them for security by the government work, why cannot the same be done in India? As for IP transfer in sensitive areas (advanced technology, defence), that needs government permission, doesn't it?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles