AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Spitfire9

Country flag
Something to be considered for AMCA - limitations in stealth coatings.

At extremely high altitudes, the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps’ versions of the F-35 jet can only fly at supersonic speeds for short bursts of time before there is a risk of structural damage and loss of stealth capability, a problem that may make it impossible for the Navy’s F-35C to conduct supersonic intercepts.
Both deficiencies were first observed in late 2011 following flutter tests where the F-35B and F-35C both flew at speeds of Mach 1.3 and Mach 1.4. During a post-flight inspection in November 2011, it was discovered the F-35B sustained “bubbling [and] blistering” of the stealth coating on both the right and left sides of the horizontal tail and the tail boom.

Adrian Corvus

Country flag

At extremely high altitudes, the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps’ versions of the F-35 jet can only fly at supersonic speeds for short bursts of time before there is a risk of structural damage and loss of stealth capability, a problem that may make it impossible for the Navy’s F-35C to conduct supersonic intercepts.
do consider the fact that f-35 b and c are in service with the marine corps and the navy. These 2 variants are exposed to the sea and that affects the coating adversely

Kchontha

Country flag
Can amca mk1 supercruise? If ada can't make it supercruise with intial ge engine then either swedes r lying or ada is incapable. I invite gurus thougth...

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag

We can’t really compare f35 with AMCA there are subtle basic differences between them the cross section of f35 is thick aerodynamics in design were neglected for stealth in design, the swept angle of the wing is low compared to AMCA & the fat bird doesn’t even super cruise and many more thus all pointing towards higher drag due to design preferences which could be the cause for the reason for bubbles and blisters if we recall even f22 speed is capped at mach 2 due to the same reason(the surface temp of fighter increases due to air friction).

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Ask them to finalize engine 😉.

They were saying same for hurjet , will fly in 2020 , best in category ,carrier capable ,blah blah blah , where is that plane ????

Don't worry about it , they haven't even shown a finalized design , not even wind tunnel testing , no work on AVIONIC and all
They're going to use P&W f100. And also they're making their own turbofan engine which will replace the f100 and it'll be ready by 2025/2026. I don't know man, if they're ignorant or outright lying or they've found some alien manufacturing technology.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Turkey still haven't flown Hurjet, supposedly equivalent to LCA Trainer, and they are bragging of 5th gen. Advantages Turkey has is some design related to components of aircrafts, electronics thanks to NATO standards, but it has no wholesome experience on aircrafts themselves.
I still think they will do an unveil and the project will go the Iranian way.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
They're going to use P&W f100. And also they're making their own turbofan engine which will replace the f100 and it'll be ready by 2025/2026. I don't know man, if they're ignorant or outright lying or they've found some alien manufacturing technology.
China tried to buy I think the Ukrainian Motor Sich and there was a political furore in Ukraine and the decision was backtracked.
So this news may not be true.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is fine. A reason why it's called a prototype. Atleast they have all the parts fabricated. I would feel very lucky if we can see our Mk2 prototype by 2022 Aug and AMCA prototype by 2025.
I bet that there is a problem with the center of gravity of South Korean fighter jets. For this kind of aircraft that blindly adopts F22 aerodynamic shape, South Korea has no understanding of the essence of F22 design. The design of F22 is simple but not simple. It reflects the deep accumulation of the American aviation industry everywhere.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
China tried to buy I think the Ukrainian Motor Sich and there was a political furore in Ukraine and the decision was backtracked.
So this news may not be true.
Don't believe turks , they dud almost everything till now piggy backing on nato , and nato don't have a 5th gen tech that they would like to share , spectra won't be shared ,nor captor aesa ,or rbe2 .

Nor does engine , they were begging RR for engine jv and rejected by RR .

They are Pakistan of Europe after erdog came .

F 100 or f 110 are not allowed to rhem for new project , well they can try a stunt and put it in their tfx ,even if they manage to do it without oem , they will be given a pillar of sanction up their ass , remember those shit begging to USA to have ajoint custody of S 400 , well MOTHER ROOSIA may help them but term for that support will be too unfavorable for them

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I bet that there is a problem with the center of gravity of South Korean fighter jets. For this kind of aircraft that blindly adopts F22 aerodynamic shape, South Korea has no understanding of the essence of F22 design. The design of F22 is simple but not simple. It reflects the deep accumulation of the American aviation industry everywhere.
Talking about kfx while discussion us about tfx in context of amca , are you high on some exotic stuff

Spitfire9

Country flag
Ask them to finalize engine 😉.

They were saying same for hurjet , will fly in 2020 , best in category ,carrier capable ,blah blah blah , where is that plane ????

Don't worry about it , they haven't even shown a finalized design , not even wind tunnel testing , no work on AVIONIC and all
It looks like Turkey has not actually started on engine design. From an article published February 2021:

Turkey’s procurement agency has commissioned a local company to develop critical technologies for an engine that the government hopes will power its first indigenous fighter jet.

A contract was signed Feb. 14 between two state-controlled companies for the development program. Under the deal, TRMotor, an engine maker, will develop an auxiliary power unit and an air turbine start system for what Turkey hopes will be critical components of an indigenous engine to power the TF-X aircraft.

TRMotor signed the deal with the prime contractor of the TF-X program, Turkish Aerospace Industries, another state-controlled defense company.

“The program aims to develop critical technologies … that will enable us [to] possess indigenous engines,” said Osman Dur, general manager of TRMotor. “The [indigenous] TF-X engine is at the moment at its concept design phase.”

I don't see an APU as anything to do with a new engine to power TF-X. A starting system won't power TF-X either.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles