AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I’ve heard that Pixellated camo isn’t visible in IR cameras and is one of the reasons why soldiers prefer pixellated camo.
How , I mean it can be confusing but this is something new , I would love to read more on that

SARTHAK

Country flag
I’ve heard that Pixellated camo isn’t visible in IR cameras and is one of the reasons why soldiers prefer pixellated camo.
how is it possible any credible info ,i mean if there is any ir reduction paint coat applied why is it neccessarily pixelated,can't the ir reduction paint work in normal livery

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
how is it possible any credible info ,i mean if there is any ir reduction paint coat applied why is it neccessarily pixelated,can't the ir reduction paint work in normal livery
I think it might be possible for sar generated imagery but ir one is a bit odd

SARTHAK

Country flag
I think it might be possible for sar generated imagery but ir one is a bit odd
it wud help in wvr combat for sure as make the plane difficult to look at but with the modern sensors ,i doubt its advantages,although nothing credible just assuming

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
it wud help in wvr combat for sure as make the plane difficult to look at but with the modern sensors ,i doubt its advantages,although nothing credible just assuming
What he is saying is based on ground combat units where it helps against thermal sight somewhat but in IRST and flir cases it is useless as they process all collected data not like basic thermal imaging sights of soldiers , it's confusing for eyes not computer

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
How , I mean it can be confusing but this is something new , I would love to read more on that
I didn’t find any such but heard that soldiers wear Pixelated camo because it has less visibility in IR Spectrum.

THESIS THORON

Country flag

FCAS

AATMANIRBHAR THING IS NICE BUT WE SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN PROG LIKE FCAS OR TEMPEST BEC
FROM DECADES WE ARE USING RUSSIAN PLATFORM AND OUR SARKARI PROG ARE NOT IITANS
IT WILL GIVE BETTER EXPOSURE TO OUR SCIENTIST, PROGRAMMERS ON MANY SUBJECT
LIKE AI, SENSOR FUSION ETC.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

FCAS

AATMANIRBHAR THING IS NICE BUT WE SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN PROG LIKE FCAS OR TEMPEST BEC
And fuck our amca in every sense ,they are short on funding , project will be delayed ,too many prototype and long timeline , good ppt don't make good platform .

Tempest is non starter for some time ,and what they are planning is almost similar to amca , except Design is futuristic , amca is most soothing platform , don't get lured by good pr videos

Trololo

Country flag

FCAS

Fuck no we should not join this fuckass project. Also note that we need to stay 100 miles away from any defence project that involves Germany.

MonaLazy

AATMANIRBHAR THING IS NICE BUT WE SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN PROG LIKE
No.. just no! Your goal and you means are totally contradictory. If we go for it the IAF will only be interested in the end result as a product- not in growing and maturing our local aerospace industry, the scientists and programmers will be caught in red tape between organizations/countries, the so called partner will be only interested in our funds, not in sharing tech. So no thank you. Going it alone is the only way to master it. If anything we need to back our guys to the moon and back.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
In some interview Dr. AK Ghosh of ADA was heard saying pixellated camo breaks the lock of the IIR missile seeker.
Yes I know, I saw a show in discovery channel regarding some airsoft and a US Army veteran while holding a Woodland camo said these are cood camos but are easily visible with IR Sights, so I’ll pick this up (UCP Camo) which is next to invisible in Infrared sights.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Today our aeronautical capabilities are mature such that we can handle 2-3 aircraft programme. In the next 5 years 4 new fighter jets prototypes will be developed and tested. The designs are optimized as per our service's specific requirement. So no need to join any foreign programme, which will be a waste of time and resources. Had GOI/HAL/IAF not wasted so much time on PAK-FA programme (from 2005-2018), AMCA mk1 would have been inducted by IAF by now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles