AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It was a sleek and sexy design, now it is fatass like F-35😵.
Ok I need to explain how Whitcombs area-ruling works (for those who don't), so that all you fuckers can properly understand the point of the fatassery... Tag anyone who has the same trouble.

In simplest words this is an ideal curve, that the area of cross-section of the jet should plot on a graph, along the whole length of the jet (marked in black). That's the only thing that dictates its shaping... otherwise you can shape it like yo-mom if you want, doesn't matter as long as its shape follow the rule.
But that can't be achieved in practice & the actual curve usually deviates as depicted.
IMG_20210516_145751.png

Now, you will note that after the front tends to remain pinched, middle becomes excessively large & the end tends to drop abruptly.

So this is how the shape modifications tend to work.. They increase the cross-sectional are where needed (canop bulge & elongated tail), while reducing it where needed (famous coke-bottle shape in the middle at wings).
This way you try to achieve as close to the ideal area-graph as possible.
IMG_20210516_150751.png

So whole detrimental to stealth characteristics, this old sleek AMCA cannot match the performance of the new, fat AMCA due to much higher drag it faces from inferior area-ruling.
image (1).png

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Very nice article about tejas real time control system which comprises of three systems.
1. Flight control.
2. Brake, hydraulic and engine control.
3. Environment and fuel control.

These all systems are highly integrated but are independent of each other. In AMCA it will be further upgraded to be known as active control gear system by using artificial neural networks.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Ok I need to explain how Whitcombs area-ruling works (for those who don't), so that all you fuckers can properly understand the point of the fatassery... Tag anyone who has the same trouble.

In simplest words this is an ideal curve, that the area of cross-section of the jet should plot on a graph, along the whole length of the jet (marked in black). That's the only thing that dictates its shaping... otherwise you can shape it like yo-mom if you want, doesn't matter as long as its shape follow the rule.
But that can't be achieved in practice & the actual curve usually deviates as depicted.
View attachment 90065
Now, you will note that after the front tends to remain pinched, middle becomes excessively large & the end tends to drop abruptly.

So this is how the shape modifications tend to work.. They increase the cross-sectional are where needed (canop bulge & elongated tail), while reducing it where needed (famous coke-bottle shape in the middle at wings).
View attachment 90067

So whole detrimental to stealth characteristics, this old sleek AMCA cannot match the performance of the new, fat AMCA due to much higher drag it faces from inferior area-ruling.
image (1).png
I don’t care fat or not !!
Stealthy enough or not !!
just want to see it flying asap...😍
ADA,DRDO,HAL or wtever please don’t keep us waiting!

save all your enhancements and improvements in design and performance for mk2!
its more than enough for me...

MOD a$$h*l£ fund it already!!🥲

Trololo

Country flag

View attachment 90065

View attachment 90067

image (1).png
Interestingly the top side of the AMCA's latest model from behind the cockpit onwards is very Su-57ish. Especially how the engine tunnels diverge.

SARTHAK

Country flag
can someone here explain the benefits of adaptive cycle engines(operational advntages)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
no i was asking whether on the same super cruise speed (say mach1.4) on normal engines vs adaptive cycle engines will there be any advantages for the latter?
Yeah somewhat , as they will have the third cycle where extra air can be added to improve efficiency and cool at the same time so ir will surely go down , I don't know whether it will have afterburner or not , itay eliminate afterburner , but that part I am not aware of much

SARTHAK

Country flag
Yeah somewhat , as they will have the third cycle where extra air can be added to improve efficiency and cool at the same time so ir will surely go down , I don't know whether it will have afterburner or not , itay eliminate afterburner , but that part I am not aware of much
wow no afterburner, if true than it would be huge advantage

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
wow no afterburner, if true than it would be huge advantage
I mean I don't know about it ,most of research was done on f 135 and f136 core , so don't know about afterburner

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
no i was asking whether on the same super cruise speed (say mach1.4) on normal engines vs adaptive cycle engines will there be any advantages for the latter?
Transonic acceleration will be way better compared normal engines!
ACE is like DCT in sport’s cars!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles