AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Ghost hale

Country flag
Yes, it absolutely is The bulge behind the canopy is significantly more prominent!.. Very much like the one in MWF (compared to LCA) so I think it is because of area-ruling.
Possible but then it would have been a toss up as this will give higher angle for reflection back to radar. I guess it should be more seamless for better stealth characteristics.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Slightly edited the last post..

Possible but then it would have been a toss up as this will give higher angle for reflection back to radar.
EVERY. POST-3B06. CHANGE. WAS. MADE. WITH. AERODYNAMICS. IN. MIND.

Many of them, like this one or the departures from edge-alignment in the last model were to enhance flight performance.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, it absolutely is The bulge behind the canopy is significantly more prominent!.. Very much like the one in MWF (compared to LCA) so I think it is because of area-ruling.

Every shape & surface has gotten insanely more complex, but the fuselage-bulge is one of the most prominently noticable changes (introduced after 2017).
Wow seems like we are still preferring Russian philosophy of aerodynamics even though the whole world is moving towards stealth. With congested airspace and our enemies too getting 5th gen jets I don't understand how it will help us in "First Look, First Shot, First Kill".

And what's that scoop in between if it's really vent for APU/ exhaust then they need to work more on design.

Btw it is not present in this simulation.
IMG_20210513_130953.jpg

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
Wow seems like we are still preferring Russian philosophy of aerodynamics even though the whole world is moving towards stealth. With congested airspace and our enemies too getting 5th gen jets I don't understand how it will help us in "First Look, First Shot, First Kill".

And what's that scoop in between if it's really vent for APU/ exhaust then they need to work more on design.
As per my friend
The RCS of amca might be close to f35
Focus would be mostly on sensors and EW
But he didn't do any detailed study though,just by looking he said

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

View attachment 89479
Ya, stuff got changed after that.. But if they've the drag-chute in there then that means the tail between engines have something nice. 😁

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I don't think DAS has the same range as a dedicated Front Sector IRST but yeah its like a MAWS with image generation,tracking and generating weapon solution. Perse DAS wont have the same range as lets say Skyward G .
Who said that? Seems like you don’t know how DAS works.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

View attachment 89479
AMCA Mk2 may focus more on stealth maybe.

Ajax01

Country flag
Who said that? Seems like you don’t know how DAS works.
They themselves use the term "defensive irst" when laying out DAS functions. At the same time they say you can perform ground targeting and weapons releases using the same logic it must make EOTS redundant but they do have it on F35. Chinese have IRST on J20 even when they have a DAS. DAS is like a jack of all. It doesn't make a dedicated EOTS or a dedicated IRST redundant. With DAS you cant have offensive IRST. Like Dr Ghosh said its a souped up enhanced and more integrated MAWS.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Now wth it means
Details are being worked out , every sun component is looked upon, we are building a jet ,from screw to screen everything is to worked upon , we can't simply use old tech from tejas , for weight cutting , efficiency improvement , and all we need to look at each and every part , this is part of it

Global Defence

New threads

Articles