AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
A few $ billion to develop an engine to be used solely in Mk2 is going to make Mk2 a very, very expensive project. What else might a 150kN engine be used to power?
No that's not the plan , no 150 kn engine , he just said he wants something and will make it more potent , doesn't mean it will happen .

Well mk 2 won't be in limited number as iaf describe , they are taking scenario of present day , in future as economy rise ,that can be about 14 trillion by 2034 when mk 2 arrive ,we may see much bigger order as it will employ unmanned tech to a bit , so a bigger order of some more than 200 fighter may be possible , as compared to present some rough 70 at present ,

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
150kN engines? A ~100kN engine is going into MWF, TEDBF, AMCA Mk1 and 110kN is needed for AMCA Mk2. All these airframes could be covered by a 110kN engine with potential for thrust to be be increased by 10%-20% without a big redesign. Correct me if I'm wrong (ignorant about jet engines) but I imagine that a 35%+ increase in thrust to 150kN would require a major redesign or a completely new engine.
It is a sarcasm on the people who says that new AMCA will be more powerfull with 125 kn engine and 40 ton MTOW etc. I said AMCA with 150 kn will be even more powerful. I extended their imaginations.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
When AMCA design is not yet freezed, who stops designers to incorporate these changes?
These changes are Very unlikely as it could seriously extend timelines...I think there won't be much outward changes but rather all internal upgrade like new engine,unmanned capabilities etc
Either of you could be right. There's a chance.

While normal you can't just install a different engine on a jet, re-engining has happened to Mirage-2000 & Su-27 platforms without significant external changes.. It may be that AMCA fuselage can support a 105-110kN range engine presently.

If these changes are actually made in mk2, will it likely include side weapon bays?
Hope so.. It'll allow a size increment & MTOW should reach the 30ton mark, that splits the heavy & medium class of jets.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

While normal you can't just install a different engine on a jet, re-engining has happened to Mirage-2000 & Su-27 platforms without significant external changes.. It may be that AMCA fuselage can support a 105-110kN range engine presently.

Hope so.. It'll allow a size increment & MTOW should reach the 30ton mark, that splits the heavy & medium class of jets.
Amca mk 1 can do it too at 30 ton like f 35 , amca have almost similar thrust yet we are looking at 25 ton, either it's wings and body is too weak or they don't want to compromise on kinematic performance ,not a bit

Trololo

Country flag

Do our upgraded Mirages have the latest model M53 engine or is it the 1980s one?

flanker99

Country flag
Amca mk 1 can do it too at 30 ton like f 35 , amca have almost similar thrust yet we are looking at 25 ton, either it's wings and body is too weak or they don't want to compromise on kinematic performance ,not a bit
supercruise i think...

Ghost hale

Country flag

THESIS THORON

Country flag
qdip tech is certainly a bonus for India . i thought it was qwip which is used in su 57 irst . qdip is next iteration of the tech . so the future mki irst may be qdip based pretty much advanced .

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS QWIP AND QDIP ?,USES?, HOW MUCH BETTER THAN PREV GEN TECH?
:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

SavageKing456

Country flag
I might not have been clear. I was discussing eots and its tech development already happening. For AMCA , the inbody integration is needed. Tech won't differ. I don't think any info is shared regarding that in production.
Dude it's not in model is a different concern
But there are multiple confirmations that AMCA would have cutting edge sensors and why would they leave EOTS then

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles