AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

SavageKing456

Country flag
This is not funny. Pak is joint partner is what makes this down right bonkers.
They can develop a fighter prototype by 2025-26 but who takes Pak for partner in any development.
It's good for India if Pakistan gets involved know why?
Because it's said that program would require 50 billion dollars total
Pakistan would surely be bankrupt and won't be able to pay for development like Indonesia and that would delay the program.

Ghost hale

Country flag
It's good for India if Pakistan gets involved know why?
Because it's said that program would require 50 billion dollars total
Pakistan would surely be bankrupt and won't be able to pay for development like Indonesia and that would delay the program.
Pak paying money. Thats a joke written in itself.
On a serious note, Pakistan's entry seems more for back channel Chinese help while keeping NATO members and US at bay. I guess.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
For
AMCA
Wipro-Can help in software
Tonbo-Optical sensors
Lrde-radar and electronics
L&T-heavy engineering stuff.
Bharat forge-materials and stuff
Hal-integration
For amca .

What we will have

Drdo - almost everything , and better .

Tonbo , maybe some help to drdo a joint project for das and eots at max .

Anything defense is much different.from civil , lnt and all will require drdo help to do the task , hal will be part of jv for integration , material will be from drdo , iit, midhani , that's it .

All software will be drdo

Spitfire9

Country flag
Does Pakistan have any knowhow about fighter design? If not, why was the country approached? I wonder if the idea is to raise funds from a Muslim country to finance an aircraft for use by several Muslim countries. Money does not buy instant knowledge in designing all elements of a fighter though. Assuming that TAI can design an airframe there is still the very big problem of developing an engine. I think RR pulled back from getting involved since they were not prepared to transfer the technology required by Turkey.

I notice that Bae Systems is trying to recruit engineers to work on the project - the ad is here:

I haven't a clue what is going on with TF-X but things do not look promising to me.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Does Pakistan have any knowhow about fighter design? If not, why was the country approached? I wonder if the idea is to raise funds from a Muslim country to finance an aircraft for use by several Muslim countries. Money does not buy instant knowledge in designing all elements of a fighter though. Assuming that TAI can design an airframe there is still the very big problem of developing an engine. I think RR pulled back from getting involved since they were not prepared to transfer the technology required by Turkey.

I notice that Bae Systems is trying to recruit engineers to work on the project - the ad is here:

I haven't a clue what is going on with TF-X but things do not look promising to me.
What are your views on AMCA?
I am optimistic about it though.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Get ready for a saga of postponed announcement , turks over estimate themselves , their were always Piggy backing someone from eu .

Now either they go to mr putin and Winnie the pooh (xi ) , they don't stand a chance

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
What are your views on AMCA?
I am optimistic about it though.
If Bjp stays in power after 2024 it is possible otherwise you know what happened with tejas after first flight in 2001. We can blame HAL or DRDO as much we want but MOD was also responsible. Where they were wasting time on mmrca for 126 for which they didn’t even had the money for!
bs koi abb bhakt bhakt mt kehne lgg jana😅

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Turkey is acting like a kid , his dad denied f 35 ,so trying to do it on his own , yet we all know how dependent he is
They do have the industry and have absorbed know how of western tech according to me the biggest difficulty for them would be the cost it gonna take to make the program feasible as they have the tech knowledge for f35 200-50 parts.
for the rest they would have to pay huge cost plus they stating it be around $100million per fighter whereas kfx/k21 costing $120million per plane a 4++ gen.😅
don’t know what will be inside their fighter but the airframe wo be just like f35😎
turkey is doomed unless they go for fgfa.😇

SavageKing456

Country flag
If Bjp stays in power after 2024 it is possible otherwise you know what happened with tejas after first flight in 2001. We can blame HAL or DRDO as much we want but MOD was also responsible. Where they were wasting time on mmrca for 126 for which they didn’t even had the money for!
bs koi abb bhakt bhakt mt kehne lgg jana😅
Hahahahaha once the junta sees AMCA rollout
They would immediately vote for modi sarkar

SavageKing456

Country flag
I hope the same that they are able to rollout it in 2024 just before election!
though a tough terrain!
Jokes aside,this is why we should develop american style military industrial complex which isn't effected by govt.
Sometimes the results of elections won't be in our favour and govt. Won't be BJP always.
Though the complex shouldn't be evil and war mongering like US though cause it shall bring downfall.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Jokes aside,this is why we should develop american style military industrial complex which isn't effected by govt.
Sometimes the results of elections won't be in our favour and govt. Won't be BJP always.
Though the complex shouldn't be evil and war mongering like US though cause it shall bring downfall.
Yeah more like France independent top tier tech & no matter who wins elections national interests & integrity is always their priority!

Anandhu Krishna

I think that quite a lot of the people in Europe would like to see India grow its economy more at China's cost. I would say that people in Europe do not see China's government as open and trustworthy and do not see China aiming for peaceful co-existence with other countries. China is seen as a totalitarian state with little personal freedom, with little respect for its citizens. In short, an oppressive regime.

Free trade between India and EU, UK would be great.
France is EU & free trade will EU & UK will boost Indian economy immensely thus reducing China’s growth and increased defence budget narrowing the gap!

EU maybe. They put the largest FDI in India. Free trade with UK is not going to do much good
for India.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I think that quite a lot of the people in Europe would like to see India grow its economy more at China's cost. I would say that people in Europe do not see China's government as open and trustworthy and do not see China aiming for peaceful co-existence with other countries. China is seen as a totalitarian state with little personal freedom, with little respect for its citizens. In short, an oppressive regime.

Free trade between India and EU, UK would be great.
i think they trust indians because they have better levers of control over us through various gaps in our system of democracy.

we must use their help and back stab them by closing these structural weaknesses and making our system anti fragile in all regards.

china for them is a cat already out of the bag.india is starting to emerge out of the bag and has one paw out.they are focusing on what they can get.i would respond by cynically using them instead of reading too much into it.

no smoking

Country flag
The existence of American style military industrial complex has its conditions:
1. USA has the most prosperous financial market in the world, these companies can raise much larger amount money for their R&D at much lower cost from their financial market than any other country in the world;
2. Almost one third of world countries are US allies or close friends, and over half of the world see US weapons as their no.1 option, if not only option. In the meantime, US government is No.1 military spending country, accounts around 40% of the whole world military budget. In another words, as long as the R&D project succeeds, the huge profit is guaranteed;
3. Oppose to what you think, these military complex are supported and financed by US government. For example, each year pentagon gives over $60B to these private companies to finance early stage of all kinds of weapon development.

So, it is really hard for other countries to replicate this style.

Trololo

Country flag
The existence of American style military industrial complex has its conditions:
1. USA has the most prosperous financial market in the world, these companies can raise much larger amount money for their R&D at much lower cost from their financial market than any other country in the world;
2. Almost one third of world countries are US allies or close friends, and over half of the world see US weapons as their no.1 option, if not only option. In the meantime, US government is No.1 military spending country, accounts around 40% of the whole world military budget. In another words, as long as the R&D project succeeds, the huge profit is guaranteed;
3. Oppose to what you think, these military complex are supported and financed by US government. For example, each year pentagon gives over $60B to these private companies to finance early stage of all kinds of weapon development.

So, it is really hard for other countries to replicate this style.
Really hard but not impossible. Well planned reforms in our financial system is a good start. As are labour reforms and land reforms. Basically scrapping all regulatory gauntlets that harass businesses. Similarly there is a need to shift political power from rural India to urban India. In other words, parliament should have more urban representation than rural. This allows for more educated leaders to come through. Finally, the bureaucracy needs major reforms. Once done, a population the size of India will ensure that prosperity is brought in. Easier said than done though. It will take another 5 decades perhaps.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Really hard but not impossible. Well planned reforms in our financial system is a good start. As are labour reforms and land reforms. Basically scrapping all regulatory gauntlets that harass businesses. Similarly there is a need to shift political power from rural India to urban India. In other words, parliament should have more urban representation than rural. This allows for more educated leaders to come through. Finally, the bureaucracy needs major reforms. Once done, a population the size of India will ensure that prosperity is brought in. Easier said than done though. It will take another 5 decades perhaps.
hmm but he got a point though,its really hard
Reforms are not welcomed in this country
Example is so called farmer protest and OFB protests
I am sure once we bring these reforms again some hooligans would come at streets.
We can never grow unless we embrace reforms

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles