AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
There are two types of DAS.
1. Active - it uses active antenna unit.

View attachment 88350
2. Passive - it uses EO system.
In AMCA both the systems will be present probably only aircraft in the world with such capability.
Sadly our AMCA will never be used, I want it to be used someday.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
I think India should go with ej200 engine for AMCA as it already have that TVC variant and produces almost similar thrust with after burners but has higher dry thrust which is more significant & also weighs less compared!

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think India should go with ej200 engine for AMCA as it already have that TVC variant and produces almost similar thrust with after burners but has higher dry thrust which is more significant & also weighs less compared!
We should focus on domestic IPR first, that is the first thing and we should do a JV not just for a single 110kn engine but a whole new extensive range of high and low bypass engines to make India self reliant in this critical tech. I know it’s a bit over ambitious but is a necessity as well.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
We should focus on domestic IPR first, that is the first thing and we should do a JV not just for a single 110kn engine but a whole new extensive range of high and low bypass engines to make India self reliant in this critical tech. I know it’s a bit over ambitious but is a necessity as well.
I completely support your statement we need to be ambitious!!
I’m talking about the prototypes or the mk1 versions rather than f414, ej200 will be a better fit as RR is the lead partner in it and thus it would be much easier to transit to our own JV engines as RR would still be there!
especially if they are going to use ej200 in tejas mk2.(as news suggests)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I completely support your statement we need to be ambitious!!
I’m talking about the prototypes or the mk1 versions rather than f414, ej200 will be a better fit as RR is the lead partner in it and thus it would be much easier to transit to our own JV engines as RR would still be there!
especially if they are going to use ej200 in tejas mk2.(as news suggests)
USA is not reliable, they will sanction us as they actively pursue presence and power in Indo-Pacific. Britain has no such ambitions hence UK is trustworthy.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
USA is not reliable, they will sanction us as they actively pursue presence and power in Indo-Pacific. Britain has no such ambitions hence UK is trustworthy.
True, either you surrender like S.korea,Japan,etc or they start bullying you!
ej200 engine is better suited just a touch costly compared to f414 other than that t/w is the best is way slimmer thus more space and more fuel fighter can carry!
Most importantly no sanctions to ruin our AMCA or Tejas Mk2
like they did with tejas mk1.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
True, either you surrender like S.korea,Japan,etc or they start bullying you!
ej200 engine is better suited just a touch costly compared to f414 other than that t/w is the best is way slimmer thus more space and more fuel fighter can carry!
Most importantly no sanctions to ruin our AMCA or Tejas Mk2
like they did with tejas mk1.
We should always remember after China, India will be the target of USA, so for the time being extract as much benefits possible outta them, then increase the gap.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
We should always remember after China, India will be the target of USA, so for the time being extract as much benefits possible outta them, then increase the gap.
I think India should look for TRIAD b/w INDIA,FRANCE,U.K!
both countries national interests are much aligned, no1 in them wants to be rank1 in the world.
with Good balanced relations with both the countries will help alot in all sectors.
be defence, economy or healthcare!
it looks more promising than the QUAD Where Australia is dependent on both china (economic wise)& usa(defence wise) and japan is like usa colony!
These 3 together can rule the world!

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think India should look for TRIAD b/w INDIA,FRANCE,U.K!
both countries national interests are much aligned, no1 in them wants to be rank1 in the world.
with Good balanced relations with both the countries will help alot in all sectors.
be defence, economy or healthcare!
it looks more promising than the QUAD Where Australia is dependent on both china (economic wise)& usa(defence wise) and japan is like usa colony!
These 3 together can rule the world!
UK and France both have overseas territory in Indian Ocean as well.

Spitfire9

Country flag
France is EU & free trade will EU & UK will boost Indian economy immensely thus reducing China’s growth and increased defence budget narrowing the gap!
I think that quite a lot of the people in Europe would like to see India grow its economy more at China's cost. I would say that people in Europe do not see China's government as open and trustworthy and do not see China aiming for peaceful co-existence with other countries. China is seen as a totalitarian state with little personal freedom, with little respect for its citizens. In short, an oppressive regime.

Free trade between India and EU, UK would be great.

Last edited:

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
I think that quite a lot of the people in Europe would like to see India grow its economy more at China's cost. I would say that people in Europe do not see China's government as open and trustworthy and do not see China aiming for peaceful co-existence with other countries. Free trade between India and EU, UK would be great.
Even, Chinese living in their countries are very rude and many instances where they are misbehaving whereas they see Indians filled with gratitude and humble that’s why any foreigner who have visited India always talk about the people here and about China is more about their infrastructure!
People‘s connection matters!

no smoking

Country flag
Even, Chinese living in their countries are very rude and many instances where they are misbehaving whereas they see Indians filled with gratitude and humble
Yes, just like looking at their servants.
I knew that feeling. In last 90s and early 2000s, they saw Chinese the same way: a group of poor immigrants coming to our countries to get a better life, of course they should be filled with gratitude and humble.
Now, these Chinese come to our countries to buy our properties, companies, how dare they!

that’s why any foreigner who have visited India always talk about the people here and about China is more about their infrastructure! People‘s connection matters!
Does it matter? These foreigners come and visit for weeks or months, then go back to their own countries and enjoy their own modern infrastructure, and throw these "people's connection" behind them.
How many of these foreigners choose to move to enjoy this "people's connection" permanently? Almost zero.

SARTHAK

Country flag
also ej 2000 likely not having any secondary cooling channel or some methods to help infrared stealth

HawkisRight

Country flag
Even, Chinese living in their countries are very rude and many instances where they are misbehaving whereas they see Indians filled with gratitude and humble that’s why any foreigner who have visited India always talk about the people here and about China is more about their infrastructure!
People‘s connection matters!
:crying: brother what r u talkin.. tf no-one gives a shit about people connection.. anyways we should stick to amca

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles