AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Similar to T-14 Armata pltform, Russia is not confident on PAK-FA platform.
However, they desperately need a scapegoat who will induct these in large numbers, to recover the costs so that the Russian industry get the funds to develop the next analogous platforms.
That is where India comes in, from Russian perspective.
If our airforce wanted it we would have stuck with the program. I think it just didnt meet our needs.

Cactus09

Country flag
It said one company would be formed with majority shareholders being 2 companies.

Good news to me. It will be interesting to see (many years from now) how their performance building AMCA compares to HAL's performance building other types.
While its an exciting proposition. But it would be unfair to compare the two. Private sector virtually have zero experience in building fighter jets, let alone a 5++ generation one. While HAL has decades of experience. Byt in any case I expect the consortium to do better.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
While its an exciting proposition. But it would be unfair to compare the two. Private sector virtually have zero experience in building fighter jets, let alone a 5++ generation one. While HAL has decades of experience. Byt in any case I expect the consortium to do better.
They will be given full tot and practices during prototype development, any company chosen say tata ,has a experience in making parts under contract manufacturing in india , also unlike earlier they will be more like lead integrators not full manufacturer .

Tata also acquired full ip right for a small bird to be developed as ISR role aircraft , so expect them to have some experience , also foreign order are eminent for mk 1 also , so production capacity to be 36+x ( x would atleast be 54 ) total 90 birds , so overall about 20 aircraft per year to be manufactured till mk 2 arrive

Ghost hale

Country flag
All the risk is taken by Government and HAL. Its more of a capacity building program. First 2 TD will be produced by HAL. Prototypes will be taken care by consortium of 3 companies (HAL + 2 Pvt. players). 75% amount will be given by Government as easy loan. Its for pushing long term Aerospace complex. VEM itself have planned a fighter jet by 2029. Not sure on its updates. So its win win for Pvt players in all case as all blame will be on HAL and government and improvements attributed to them.

Ghost hale

Country flag
They will be given full tot and practices during prototype development, any company chosen say tata ,has a experience in making parts under contract manufacturing in india , also unlike earlier they will be more like lead integrators not full manufacturer .

Tata also acquired full ip right for a small bird to be developed as ISR role aircraft , so expect them to have some experience , also foreign order are eminent for mk 1 also , so production capacity to be 36+x ( x would atleast be 54 ) total 90 birds , so overall about 20 aircraft per year to be manufactured till mk 2 arrive
40 not 36. Tata already produce engine parts for boeing and I don't think AMCA is going to any foreign country atleast for 10-12 years.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Sure, a company with no experience of building fighter jets will need to learn a lot very quickly. Whatever, I expect that HAL's knowhow in manufacturing fighters will need to be tapped. Theoretically that should not present a big problem (GOI wants AMCA made; GOI owns HAL), though how slow HAL will be in providing the help needed might be an issue.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Sure, a company with no experience of building fighter jets will need to learn a lot very quickly. Whatever, I expect that HAL's knowhow in manufacturing fighters will need to be tapped. Theoretically that should not present a big problem (GOI wants AMCA made; GOI owns HAL), though how slow HAL will be in providing the help needed might be an issue.
There is no time with anybody to learn how ro make figjter ..This consortium is very simple HAL will give the design and pvt company will manufacture wirh breakneck speed...simple..

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
There is no time with anybody to learn how ro make figjter ..This consortium is very simple HAL will give the design and pvt company will manufacture wirh breakneck speed...simple..
Much more than that , manufacturing is a lot complex task , it takes time to get accustomed to manufacturing .

@Ghost hale , market for 5 th fighter is going to increase in size , also US allies denied of f 35 may need a aircraft , and amca us coming after 10 years only

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles