AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Yeah seen it may be you should join the euro times and bust the Paki jammat.

And the AMCA could have a Steerable Mount for the AESA Radar going by the old News.
Bhai kuch info toh daaldeta, delete kar

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Spitfire9

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle sir can you promote this to an article? Or a wiki?
Very interesting and comprehensive. Thanks for your time and efforts.

Something unexpected that I noticed: 'It remains to be seen if the radar will be bought from overseas or developed indigenously, given that the programme for the LCA’s indigenous radar seems not to have yielded any visible results. '

I thought I read (not sure where) that Uttam for LCA was giving good results in testing.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Something unexpected that I noticed: 'It remains to be seen if the radar will be bought from overseas or developed indigenously, given that the programme for the LCA’s indigenous radar seems not to have yielded any visible results. '

I thought I read (not sure where) that Uttam for LCA was giving good results in testing.
I thought I removed it.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

I had removed it long back, I wanted to say GaN based Uttam, but I fcke the grammar.

Karthi

Country flag
NGAD .jpg

Next Generation Air Dominance NGAD. Flying wing, super stealthy design. I have doubts on Vertical Tail and maneuverability of various models circulating in internet, but this one included vertical tails. i believe we may see first flight around 2035-40 induction somewhere in 2045-50

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
View attachment 85629

Next Generation Air Dominance NGAD. Flying wing, super stealthy design. I have doubts on Vertical Tail and maneuverability of various models circulating in internet, but this one included vertical tails. i believe we may see first flight around 2035-40 induction somewhere in 2045-50
But as per some sources they have flown a prototype secretly

Killbot

Country flag
I had removed it long back, I wanted to say GaN based Uttam, but I fcke the grammar.
I don't think that is the case. You can't just convert a GaAs based Radar to GaN by changing the TRMs. You need a new system. So Uttam based radar has to be wrong... I'd suggest that you use only confirmed stuff..

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I don't think that is the case. You can't just convert a GaAs based Radar to GaN by changing the TRMs. You need a new system. So Uttam based radar has to be wrong... I'd suggest that you use only confirmed stuff..
I talked to hvt and ge said uttam based radar and if gan will be ready then it , this clearly means that it's uttam based ,not just trm module replaced but significantly different system but the experience learned and software refinement based in uttam ,but hardware and maybe shape of antenna will be different to effectively utilize nose cone space

Killbot

Country flag
I talked to hvt and ge said uttam based radar and if gan will be ready then it , this clearly means that it's uttam based ,not just trm module replaced but significantly different system but the experience learned and software refinement based in uttam ,but hardware and maybe shape of antenna will be different to effectively utilize nose cone space
Still doesn't say how you're going to turn a GaAs based system to GaN system. Both are significantly different..

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think you didn’t understand what happened here.

doreamon

Country flag
Firstly we should attain perfection to build 4.5 gen aircraft and it's variants.
Then we should think of developing 5.5 gen or 6 gen plane.
Let's not behave like pakis who has no experience in developing any gen of fighter aircraft and they are barking about 5 gen azm
Most of the techs have already been developed . Its nt smooke without fire . We ll have to wait 2/3 yrs to see fire .. Right now we r at a point we have been hearing lots of infos and have nt even seen prototype of mk1a . I understand the optics u have .

Global Defence

Articles