AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It is a good read , but add some dimensions too , like nose aperture , weapons bay dimensions , etc , to get a fair idea
Can you please share the data, I’ll add it too...

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I don't have any speaking honestly but contact @Bleh and kuntal ,they will give you a fair idea ,it can be the exhaustive article to get idea of amca
Yes, I did a lot of research for this, might contain something wrong too, will fix it too.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Off-Topic Alert:

My first very long article on AMCA.

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Ayushraj

Country flag
Off-Topic Alert:
Firstly we should attain perfection to build 4.5 gen aircraft and it's variants.
Then we should think of developing 5.5 gen or 6 gen plane.
Let's not behave like pakis who has no experience in developing any gen of fighter aircraft and they are barking about 5 gen azm

SavageKing456

Country flag
Firstly we should attain perfection to build 4.5 gen aircraft and it's variants.
Then we should think of developing 5.5 gen or 6 gen plane.
Let's not behave like pakis who has no experience in developing any gen of fighter aircraft and they are barking about 5 gen azm
You have a valid point but if we don't simultaneously work on FGFA we would end up being behind

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Off-Topic Alert:

My first very long article on AMCA.
Nice effort. Will probably read in detail tomorrow, but few things that popped out to me that you might want to correct:-
  • "Aircrafts" is not a word. Plural of aircraft is also aircraft. (Sorry if I sound nitpicky, but these kind of things do get noticed)
  • First para, how you write about the jets AMCA will replace makes it sound as if Mirage 2000, Jaguar ,etc are already retired, so maybe its better to add that IAF seeks to replace these post-2030.
  • Multiple sub-sections under the Fly By Light heading are irrelevant to AMCA itself and pertain to a general advantage of OFC over copper wires. These include: distance, security and cost.
  • The immune to EMI subsection under Fly By Light is also not very relevant to AMCA. It should mention that OFC makes AMCA more resistant to non-nuclear EMP bombs that are currently being developed.
  • Not sure about this, but I think Adrishya RAM is just a ferrite paint. That is F-117 Nighthawk era technology, very maintenance intensive. Its too old a stealth technology to be using in AMCA. Instead, include the many wide-band RAS composites that are being developed, multiple papers about these exist and have been posted in this thread before. @Karthi also posted one recently in DRDO and PSU news thread.
  • The information is spread out weird. Radar is already covered, then there is another section labelled avionics, then there is a third section labelled GaN HEMTT. These need to all be under avionics, GaN HEMTT needs to be under Radar. Similarly Sensor Fusion and Sensor & Targetting systems are also two different sections that should be clubbed and put under Avionics. Fly by Light is also part of avionics.

BlackViking

Country flag
Nice effort. Will probably read in detail tomorrow, but few things that popped out to me that you might want to correct:-
  • "Aircrafts" is not a word. Plural of aircraft is also aircraft. (Sorry if I sound nitpicky, but these kind of things do get noticed)
  • First para, how you write about the jets AMCA will replace makes it sound as if Mirage 2000, Jaguar ,etc are already retired, so maybe its better to add that IAF seeks to replace these post-2030.
  • Multiple sub-sections under the Fly By Light heading are irrelevant to AMCA itself and pertain to a general advantage of OFC over copper wires. These include: distance, security and cost.
  • The immune to EMI subsection under Fly By Light is also not very relevant to AMCA. It should mention that OFC makes AMCA more resistant to non-nuclear EMP bombs that are currently being developed.
  • Not sure about this, but I think Adrishya RAM is just a ferrite paint. That is F-117 Nighthawk era technology, very maintenance intensive. Its too old a stealth technology to be using in AMCA. Instead, include the many wide-band RAS composites that are being developed, multiple papers about these exist and have been posted in this thread before. @Karthi also posted one recently in DRDO and PSU news thread.
  • The information is spread out weird. Radar is already covered, then there is another section labelled avionics, then there is a third section labelled GaN HEMTT. These need to all be under avionics, GaN HEMTT needs to be under Radar. Similarly Sensor Fusion and Sensor & Targetting systems are also two different sections that should be clubbed and put under Avionics. Fly by Light is also part of avionics.
What does HEMTT stands for?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Yeah seen it may be you should join the euro times and bust the Paki jammat.

And the AMCA could have a Steerable Mount for the AESA Radar going by the old News.
Post karde DFI Twitter and Insta pe.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Yeah seen it may be you should join the euro times and bust the Paki jammat.

And the AMCA could have a Steerable Mount for the AESA Radar going by the old News.
Delete kar jaldi

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles