AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

SARTHAK

Country flag
AMCA doesn’t have DAS.
who said , in ddr interview the official said they are planning das like system on tejas mk2 ,so wont it be illogical not to hve that on amca, the official said "we are planning to put a derivative of dc maws on tejasmk2"
and dc maws is simply a downgraded das with mwir band only, so if we upgrade dc maws we get eodas

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
who said , in ddr interview the official said they are planning das like system on tejas mk2 ,so wont it be illogical not to hve that on amca, the official said "we are planning to put a derivative of dc maws on tejasmk2"
and dc maws is simply a downgraded das with mwir band only, so if we upgrade dc maws we get eodas
Das has irst too ,integral part of it ,not a seperate system

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
You mean that ballistic missile thing ?

Let's straighten up things , how will it manage to detect at such long range , considering scattering effect and atmospheric disturbances , which reduces it's clarifying image.

Ballistic missile produce huge ir signature ,they are like burning meteorite , it is programmed so that it can track them ,but it can't pinpoint them , both are different .

They basically used same system , did a lot of programming and testing , it is indeed somewhat advanced in hardware but better in software more .

Weapons cueing is a integral part of it but at short range , sub 100 km generally ,that is done by forward antenna not all antenna as per info i read .
Did I say Ballistic missiles? I’m not Abhijeet dalal of USA. But the range of DAS is way more than a conventional IRST. F-35’s DAS, searches and Tracks and then with sensor fusion Commands it‘s AESA Radar to get a radar lock on it and the pilot can toss a Fox-3 on the Tango out of nowhere towards the enemy.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Did I say Ballistic missiles? I’m not Abhijeet dalal of USA. But the range of DAS is way more than a conventional IRST. F-35’s DAS, searches and Tracks and then with sensor fusion Commands it‘s AESA Radar to get a radar lock on it and the pilot can toss a Fox-3 on the Tango out of nowhere towards the enemy.
rafale has same sensor called ddm ng but it covers only 180 degree and has less resolution ,but it can target enemy combining tracks from rwr,iff,ddmng and lrf

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Why are you getting angry , i will never call you dalal .

It's a superior system but it is quite achievable system .

Sensor fusion of f 35 ,is a little bit messy as it feed it all in one single computer .

Well generally aesa is not used when irst is used ,cause you wanna remain stealthy , otherwise enemy may run away

SARTHAK

Country flag

Sensor fusion of f 35 ,is a little bit messy as it feed it all in one single computer .

Well generally aesa is not used when irst is used ,cause you wanna remain stealthy , otherwise enemy may run away
actually for a combat against a stealthy aircraft ,irst + rwr combo gives a crude direction of aircraft but it is not enough for bvr missile so radar can be cued in narrow beam in a particular crude direction to locate stealth aircraft and guide a missile

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Did I say I am angry? I didn’t write this in anger. Problem in using keyboard is that you can’t really understand the emotions with which something is written. And Abhijeet is a dalal of Lockheed Martin no doubt on that.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Not sure if names are changed. We already have 2 pairs Gaurav/Gautham and Garuda/Garuthmaa . Shouldn't be a third new type.
Gaurav and Gautam are the new names of Garuda and Garuthma.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles