AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Our AMCA, won’t have DAS, TVC Engines so why are we even making it?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It will have some kind of distributed aperture . It is not necessary to call it by American name.

Regarding TVC that is not related to stealth. Will come later in mk2.
TVC ke bina AMCA kya hai? MK2 will come in 2034. I wanted to see AMCA MK1 as a super manoeuvreable aircraft.

IndianHawk

Country flag
TVC ke bina AMCA kya hai? MK2 will come in 2034. I wanted to see AMCA MK1 as a super manoeuvreable aircraft.
First and foremost priority is stealth. Super manoeuvrability is only useful in close quarter dog fights.
The goal of amca is to surprise enemy with stealth and either shoot it as sniper or drop bombs and retreat . We have 270 su 30 with TVC to handle all other missions.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Getting a capable platform, unlike Arjun where our tech advanced too ahead for a vintage design to exploit it fully. Now we're on the way to achieve those tech... 1st we need a good, upgradable jet.

And with more T/W ratio & significantly lesser transonic/subsonic drag than Mig-29, AMCA Mark1 will now than hold its own against almost anything it faces. (DAS will probably be there at some point as it's being developed)

Last edited:

SARTHAK

Country flag
WHO SAID IT WON'T HAVE DAS ,das is system of collection of multiple ir camera all over the body,we will already have dc maws (with 4 ir cams) all over the body on tejas mk2, the same system will become das when upgraded for amca.btw only upgrade needed in dc maws will be adding long wave ir band ,becoz as of now it operates in mwir,so its easily done

SARTHAK

Country flag
First and foremost priority is stealth. Super manoeuvrability is only useful in close quarter dog fights.
The goal of amca is to surprise enemy with stealth and either shoot it as sniper or drop bombs and retreat . We have 270 su 30 with TVC to handle all other missions.
yes also tvc is probably a lower priority for a 5th gen as you said it has limited use and complicates maintenance too,it will also pose challenges to stealth from the rear of the aircraft and designing of nozzle

Killbot

Country flag
TVC is already going out. It is too expensive and completely useless for a strike aircraft. DAS in some form will be there in AMCA. I hope they don't put TVC on Mk.2 and instead figure out how to incorporate FTC, if such a capability is required at all. AMCA us a *strike aircraft*. Get its role straight, everything will begin to make sense.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Stop complaining man!we aren't US to spend trillions on a jet making everything and incorporating It.
US isn't a smart spender for some reason,wastes much money developing unnecessary things.
I believe his statement was satirical
If not I'm very disappointed @FalconSlayers 🥺

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Last edited:

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Stop complaining man!we aren't US to spend trillions on a jet making everything and incorporating It.
US isn't a smart spender for some reason,wastes much money developing unnecessary things.
The United States has indeed built and sd a lot of useless destroyers and frigates in the past few decades,Had to go back to the improvements to the Aliburk-class destroyers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles