AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
A.concept in my mind , in future can there be any possibility where missile carries a light pullover type cover , very light in weight which they can drop, when being launched , those cover should be shaped like they touch wing surface , and hiding all radar signature , cheap in cost , manufactured in large number , not bulky , so if these cover last 4 5 flight would be enough .
Every fighter will have it's specific cover depending on it's wing surface , curvature .
That's a great start
Not a discouragement, I came across something similar while writing my research paper to present at my college's research day.
Apparently this was already in consideration as a study while making some 5th gen aircraft but it was cancelled as there were drag problems along with longer design and testing time, a different cover design with different weapon and lastly limitations in material and technology of the time.
I don't remember if this was a research paper or I read it in some google patent, I'll try searching for it again i'll send

SARTHAK

Country flag
That's a great start
Not a discouragement, I came across something similar while writing my research paper to present at my college's research day.
Apparently this was already in consideration as a study while making some 5th gen aircraft but it was cancelled as there were drag problems along with longer design and testing time, a different cover design with different weapon and lastly limitations in material and technology of the time.
I don't remember if this was a research paper or I read it in some google patent, I'll try searching for it again i'll send
BTW,new missiles like meteor come with stealth shaping and ram coat to reduce its rcs

SARTHAK

Country flag
But pylon and fins give up stealth a bit
i am not an expert about rcs but still i don't think if two missiles(with low rcs shaping) r tucked on the pylons of amca rcs incraese substiantially(with 4 missiles in iwb) many ppl said either there will be beast mode or not but when situation demands something in between can be used

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
That's a great start
Well these are just free time ideas , when i am free from my jee preparation schedule , i think about these .
Sir , i am curious is there any research going for nanobot based shape changing airframe with self healing capability , will be helpful when we will plan to make sixth gen fighter , also we can use nanobots stimulated catalyst which can help in combustion in thrust generation , we can reduce temperature of our engine core , these should be mixed in fuel which will retueve from engine , through em feild which will seperate them out before gas outflow .
I was hesitant to ask but if you will reply i would be thankful

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Well nothing possible before i get in iit kanpur .
Not a good idea to talk about your dreams unless you actually get hands on it
Call me superstitious

And
To the above doubt
I believe there are shape memory alloys developed which are already in use in LCA Tejas

Also heard about some titanium based alloy from some US research institute
Will post the link once I get it

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Well these are just free time ideas , when i am free from my jee preparation schedule , i think about these .
Sir , i am curious is there any research going for nanobot based shape changing airframe with self healing capability , will be helpful when we will plan to make sixth gen fighter , also we can use nanobots stimulated catalyst which can help in combustion in thrust generation , we can reduce temperature of our engine core , these should be mixed in fuel which will retueve from engine , through em feild which will seperate them out before gas outflow .
I was hesitant to ask but if you will reply i would be thankful
Well as far as I know there aren't any shape-changing airframe based on nanobots but there's research going on 2 way NiTi based shape memory alloy where, on electric discharge or temperature change, the alloy changes its shape plus advances in nanobot tech haven't been as much to make something like that imo. I do know of some research on self-healing materials going on
one such aircraft would be the Spanwise Adaptive Wing by nasa
my own research paper is on 'Shape memory-based adaptive divertless intakes for supersonic aircrafts'

P.S please don't call me sir,I myself am 19 yo :scared1:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Well as far as I know there aren't any shape-changing airframe based on nanobots but there's research going on 2 way NiTi based shape memory alloy where, on electric discharge or temperature change, the alloy changes its shape plus advances in nanobot tech haven't been as much to make something like that imo. I do know of some research on self-healing materials going on
one such aircraft would be the Spanwise Adaptive Wing by nasa
my own research paper is on 'Shape memory-based adaptive divertless intakes for supersonic aircrafts'

P.S please don't call me sir,I myself am 19 yo :scared1:
Which college?

SARTHAK

Country flag
What kind of missions are looked upon which can be benefited by additional BVRs?
against a formidable opponent probably(5thgen jet) with more advanced jammers than us ,we might need to launch salvos to get him done and that too just below the nez

Spitfire9

Country flag
I know nothing about stealth but I am curious.

I read that the RCS of

F-15 = ~25 sq m
F-16 = ~ 05 sq m
F/A-18 = ~ 01 sq m

How much do weapons on pylons increase RCS for aircraft? Is it that for the same standard load

F-15 = +10%
F-16 = +50%
F/A-18 = +100%

I presume that the better the clean RCS, the more RCS is compromised proportionately by carrying external weapons.

Obviously I do not know the RCS of F-15 with 4 x AMRAAM, nor F-16, nor F/A-18 with the same load bit is there some rule of thumb whereby it is pretty clear whether low RCS weapons pods are worth looking into for this or that aircraft?

SARTHAK

Country flag
I know nothing about stealth but I am curious.

I read that the RCS of

F-15 = ~25 sq m
F-16 = ~ 05 sq m
F/A-18 = ~ 01 sq m

How much do weapons on pylons increase RCS for aircraft? Is it that for the same standard load

F-15 = +10%
F-16 = +50%
F/A-18 = +100%

I presume that the better the clean RCS, the more RCS is compromised proportionately by carrying external weapons.

Obviously I do not know the RCS of F-15 with 4 x AMRAAM, nor F-16, nor F/A-18 with the same load bit is there some rule of thumb whereby it is pretty clear whether low RCS weapons pods are worth looking into for this or that aircraft?
all the figures given by you are picked up from any website(probably they r assumed) whereas the real rcs is classified ,i am also not an expert but i know rcs of a plane depends upon the azimuth, angle and many other factors, so rcs is not one figure for a plane, suppose it is said by usa that f22 rcs is small as a marble that means very very small but usually these low rcs figures are from frontal aspect that means if you try to detect a 5 th gen aircraft from back(engine nozzle facing)then rcs might be much greater so pilot has to remember that he does not expose certain area of aircraft,one such incident is hitting down of f117 nighthawk bomber which was considered stealthy by usaf but beacuse of pilot mistake pilot maneuvered the aircraft in a wrong manner that exposed it to surface to air missile system allowing it to be detected.nonetheless today's planes like f35 have improved vastly and probably has most area optimized for stealth but weakness cannot be removed altogether

Ghost hale

Country flag
against a formidable opponent probably(5thgen jet) with more advanced jammers than us ,we might need to launch salvos to get him done and that too just below the nez
Air superiority role??? Do u have any idea how many BVRs fighter jets usually carry. Value is not 6. Its always good to have max possible arms but 4 to 6 is not that big issue with so many extension options possible like CATS.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Air superiority role??? Do u have any idea how many BVRs fighter jets usually carry. Value is not 6. Its always good to have max possible arms but 4 to 6 is not that big issue with so many extension options possible like CATS.
its upto the missions you cannot carry too much of missiles if stealth is required(assuming u r in 4.5 gen jet like rafale) on the other hand you can be a flying truck of missiles if adversary has a jet like f16 block 52

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles