AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

SARTHAK

Country flag
btw i am more excited for mk2 rather then for amca because the sensors and tech used on mk2 will certainly give us a idea on how good the sensor suite and radar of amca wud be

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think there have been pretty much confusion here , first of all f 35 is jndeed used by israel in Syrian conflict .

Second to clear some air , if you think more missile mean better aircraft , look at f 35 , yeah we can incorporate 6 missile , they were planning for iwb having special drop tank , also amca is having enough capability to engage , it is having similar twr to a f 35 , also sidebays are used for wvr missile for combat , but stealth fighter are operated mainly to go for stealthily accomplish task .
Iaf knows it , rks bhaduria isn't that bad guy to fuck up a program in which he has shown confidence , army is a gone case .
Rest about 6 or 4 missile , we can incorporate it in during production , and we can have 6 missile configuration easily . Don't panic about it , let them make a basic 4 missile configuration first
Maybe AMCA mk2 can have bigger size hence more weapons carrying capacity.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Doubt this. Don't think 6 missiles are needed but increasing IWB capacity after design and test done doesn't seem correct.
Neh see the iwb current layout , it is quite spacious and deep for six missile , no need to change iwb dimensions , two missile would be somewhat lower one would be slightly higher . Quite possible for astra mk 2 , astra mk 1 is pretty huge , four missile configuration is according to astra mk 1 .
In mk 1 folded fins can't be incorporated most efficiently , but in mk. 2 , folded fins will decrease width significantly.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Maybe AMCA mk2 can have bigger size hence more weapons carrying capacity.
But it have dual engine , less chonky .
Although it have less internal fuel though but six missile layout is possible for amca more compared to f 35 , latter have two bays , while former will have one , can better adjust missile in it.
Not explaining how , you can understand easily , and rest about wvr , so amca won't go alone , if it comes to closed combat , then some amca in non stealthy mode can bring them down .

I don't understand the love for side bays , it disturb air flow , give up on frontal rcs , still we can incorporate it in mk 2 , or something like amca mk 1a . If iaf want to do some mk 1a stunt in 2033 it will do it

Spitfire9

Country flag
I expect a future project sanction of AMCA MK3 in the category of F-22 and Su-57, once AMCA MK2 is flown by the end of this decade.
It is 2021 now. I don't see Mk2 flying in less than 9 years, except if it uses components that will be replaced with others (eg engine) in the final production version - if ever, where the engine is concerned.

Has GOI accepted that it needs to authorise a spend of $1 billion / $2 billion / $2 billion+ to buy in the knowhow to build a 110kN engine yet? If it has, how many levels of authorisation / committee meetings at sequential drawn out intervals are required and how many years will those take to do something as simple as implementing a decision?

Ghost hale

Country flag
Neh see the iwb current layout , it is quite spacious and deep for six missile , no need to change iwb dimensions , two missile would be somewhat lower one would be slightly higher . Quite possible for astra mk 2 , astra mk 1 is pretty huge , four missile configuration is according to astra mk 1 .
In mk 1 folded fins can't be incorporated most efficiently , but in mk. 2 , folded fins will decrease width significantly.
It doesn't work like this. We cannot assume by looking models that IWB is spacious so it can have 6 points when specifically informed with specs that 4 AAMs can be placed. If and when new missiles will be developed because i doubt AMCA will carry 110KM Astra (will have higher range missiles) and such arrangements can be made of extra AAM points, it will come out.

SARTHAK

Country flag
any rcs expert here wud tell,if amca carries rwo missiles externally(with 4 in internal bay) wud the rcs incearse substantially,sure it will increase but can anyone anticipate? will it become like 4.5 gen rcs or just like f117 nighthawk

Chinmoy

Country flag
Somewhere I feel the AMCA will suffer due to IAF's bad specs. In the sense that it has only 4 BVRs in the bay. I expected weapons load in stealth mode to be higher.
Which missile do you want to put in the internal bay of AMCA?

4 BVR is what it could accomodate with its current size and weight. Its a medium class fighter, so you have to design it accordingly.

Killbot

Country flag
I can’t understand one thing, it’s weight and weapon carrying capacity and all is similar to any medium category fighter, now many would say that it is Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft then its ought to be a Medium aircraft, but then it employs huge amount of Composite materials and DSI intake yet it’s weapon carrying weight and everything is not equivalent to a medium-heavy category aircraft. As Composite materials and DSI intake reduce the aircraft’s weaight by a huge huge margin, plus it also has Fly-by-optics instead of the Fly-by-wire which is also lightweight, so it’s empty weight should be equal to a medium weight fighter but every other spec should be of a medium-heavy fighter, shouldn’t it?
""""Weight""""

SARTHAK

Country flag
any expert here can take my query --
suppose if the amca carries 2 missiles on the pylons (apart from four in iwb and several bombs for a2g in iwb)
does this make it unstealthy altogether,or make it equivalent to rcs of 4.5 gen jets? if no then whts the two missiles can be carried.(with some constraints on flight envelope regarding pylon exposure to radars )

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
any expert here can take my query --
suppose if the amca carries 2 missiles on the pylons (apart from four in iwb and several bombs for a2g in iwb)
does this make it unstealthy altogether,or make it equivalent to rcs of 4.5 gen jets? if no then whts the two missiles can be carried.(with some constraints on flight envelope regarding pylon exposure to radars )
No weapons on pylon for stealth aircraft and stealth operations.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles