AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Per my understanding real 6th gen is way far ahead in future for China.. in our region it will still be useful for many more years to come 😊
Y’all might remember the cyber espionage by china to steal F-35 data, they did it, the J-20 design ofcourse is chinese but everything inside is what F-35 carries inside (can’t say about quality though) which can be a threat.

they copied the American EOTS and they have it in J-20
External pod will just increase RCS that’s why it is kept internal. Lockheed martin says its affordable which means it is for sale, hence ADA DRDO can buy and install it.

see these images, J-20 with stolen EOTS tech
1602774436603.jpeg

F-35 with EOTS
1602774518903.jpeg

although chinese one is copy but it will be dangerous as F-35’s EOTS can detect a Ballistic missile 1300 miles away hence we should not underestimate J-20 as it is F-35’s copy from inside if not outside.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Y’all might remember the cyber espionage by china to steal F-35 data, they did it, the J-20 design ofcourse is chinese but everything inside is what F-35 carries inside (can’t say about quality though) which can be a threat.

they copied the American EOTS and they have it in J-20
External pod will just increase RCS that’s why it is kept internal. Lockheed martin says its affordable which means it is for sale, hence ADA DRDO can buy and install it.

see these images, J-20 with stolen EOTS tech
View attachment 62934
F-35 with EOTS
View attachment 62935
although chinese one is copy but it will be dangerous as F-35’s EOTS can detect a Ballistic missile 1300 miles away hence we should not underestimate J-20 as it is F-35’s copy from inside if not outside.
Zoom a bit and you will find that both the glasses are differently shaped to mitigate the radar waves,they are different...you're so confused about that marketing stunt,it was a "ballastic missile",whose coordinates of launch were already known,the powerful radar on the f35 and DAS then painted the ballastic missile flight...

Paras.Sharma

Country flag
I think its fake, EOTS, IRST and Targeting Pod all together in AMCA🤣🤣🤣.
Would you care to elaborate how DRDO news on its official website be fake :)
Also please help us know what is your reference for information... I normally prefer direct information from manufacturing/researching organization & if I get it from other sources I take it with pinch of salt...

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Means it will be external like litening pod coz there will be a dedicated IRST, man I thought F-35 like system capable to catch rockets 1300 miles away and take out ground targets also.

IRST for aerial and external pod for ground is not good yaar, not always will you carry litening but EOTS is always with your aircraft and you can do both air-toxair and air-to-ground at any circumstance, if AMCA doesn’t fly with Litening pod and it has to do a ground attack using its Guns for close air support, then it won’t be able to.
AMCA for CAS?????

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Would you care to elaborate how DRDO news on its official website be fake :)
Also please help us know what is your reference for information... I normally prefer direct information from manufacturing/researching organization & if I get it from other sources I take it with pinch of salt...
An EOTS on F-35 is a combination of IRST and FLIR means that the job of IRST and Targeting pod is done by EOTS, so why will you add another IRST and Targeting pog for no reason except increasing RCS.

And you didn’t share the link or proof that it is official statement coz I can’t expect a scientist to say that.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Killbot

Country flag
Will AMCA have HUD?
man does this forum have a dedicated defence youtuber not chhapri defence youtubers with zero defence knowledge.

coz real defence bloggers talk to the officials not chhapri defencesters exaggerating things.
No defence youtuber afaik. But they are pretty credible as a think tank..

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
An EOTS on F-35 is a combination of IRST and FLIR means that the job of IRST and Targeting pod is done by EOTS, so why will you add another IRST and Targeting pog for no reason except increasing RCS.

And you didn’t share the link or proof that it is official statement coz I can’t expect a scientist to say that.
To be honest even the litening pod has dual function and Su30mkis were seen carrying them in the air excersizes against opposite teams for better resolution of the enemy aircraft ....DAS on the f35 is a system comprising 6 infra red cameras which performs the function of IRST and MAWS,they are available along with the eots which also functions as Forward looking IRST despite the two IR cameras of the DAS sitting in the nose....

airtel

Country flag
Only Russia has 3D thrust vectoring technology for aircrafts, America only has 2D and rest no one in world has thrust vector technology for Aircrafts.

YOU are misinformed , 3d thrust vectoring is over-hyped by Russians , even chinese and indians can easily develop it , americans & europeans have developed it many decadees ago and they found it useless .

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Looking at the development of 5th and 6th generation fighters, it seems all of them are skewed towards being single seaters. There would/may be twin-seat trainers. However, going forward, won't twin seaters be a more rational choice, given that mid-30s onwards, the fighters would be flying with 'wingman' and 'swarms'. The additional officer, to me, would take substantial workload off the pilot (I am not willing to bet everything on AI as of now).
Follow-up post. All the more reason to make 5.5-6 gen fighters in twin seat default configuration. Thoughts from DFIans?

Neptune

Country flag
YOU are misinformed , 3d thrust vectoring is over-hyped by Russians , even chinese and indians can easily develop it , americans & europeans have developed it many decadees ago and they found it useless .

No, it’s not useless nor is it overhyped. China recently developed 3d thrust vectoring after decades of trying and put it on a J-10B, I don’t know if it’s even in mass production. Then they put it on some J-20s after probably studying and copying SU-35 engines. The point is Russia and China both use it, despite it being more expensive and the US use 2D thrust vectoring in the F-22. So thrust vectoring does have advantages, especially 3D.

The US and Europe built only prototypes of 3D vectoring engines, a prototype is not the same a full scale production. If you use prototypes as the standard to judge then the Kavari was “easy” is built too. In reality the Kavari, even with foreign assistance was a poor performing engine. With those things in mind where do you get the notion that India can “easily develop” 3d thrust vectoring? It was not easy for Russia, China or the US to developing surely it won’t be any different for India.

3D thrust allows you to point the aircraft quickly on its axis with even zero airspeed. 3D thrust allows you to point the nose and your missiles or gun sites at the enemy quicker. In today’s warfare where smaller RCS means aircraft will fight at closer ranges, you need any advantage you can get. Even if you look back at the Gulf War, many aerial engagements were within visual range and even in today’s age and emphasis on longe range warfare things can still get in a turning fight due to aircraft flying bellow radars and reduced RCS.

silentlurker

Country flag
F22 First flight 1997, First production 2003
F35 First flight 2006, First production 2011
J20 First flight 2011, First production 2017
T50 First flight 2010, First production (???)

All 5th gens so far except T50 have about a 6-7 year gap between the first prototype test flight and the first production model being completed.

If AMCA production date is 2028, maybe we will see a prototype soon?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
F22 First flight 1997, First production 2003
F35 First flight 2006, First production 2011
J20 First flight 2011, First production 2017
T50 First flight 2010, First production (???)

All 5th gens so far except T50 have about a 6-7 year gap between the first prototype test flight and the first production model being completed.

If AMCA production date is 2028, maybe we will see a prototype soon?
Prototype rollout is planned in 2024 & 1st flight in 2025. Following which it'll need 4-5 years of air trials.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles