AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The operating line here is what I underlined and bolded. The statement starts with an assumption and ends with definite timeline and numbers. This is the way we operate...assumptions are accepted as axioms and then the horses run wild with imagination.

I really hope that this statement is based on some solid insider information of new JV concluding this year and work starting in earnest or really started. Statement refers to an almost ready facility which is seems to be the proactive action taken to avoid delays...can't wait to see the first TD.
I believe this project can speed up, with involvement of private players, if a private player's get involved ,we can start the production from 2032 onwards and gradually let the necessary changes happen during production,instead of letting platform get mature,as we will be in shortage of aircraft's saves us time
WOW...I don't know whether this project will be success or not even though I wish to be a success. But one thing is for sure I will be a Grandpa before AMCA becomes operational in large numbers in our air force and becomes our front line fighter.

Waiting until 2038? They can go screw themselves.
❤da ka timeline hai. Sab milke humko tuchiya bana rahe hai.
Link PDF is quoting idrw article !! But then drdo website hosted this PDF. What a mess.
We should have started work on 6th gen along with AMCA.
This actually one looks like a a doable timeline & a worstcade scenario... But pretty sensible claims.

Take a look;
...assemble the first TD of AMCA by 2025 which will have its first flight by 2027,
Waaaay to much gap estimated here.
AMCA will enter production by 2035 onwards in Mk1 configuration for 40 jets
Again waaaay too much gap predicted. 2026-2030 would be enough for testing airframe & tech. They're not doing everything from ground-up like Tejas Mark1.
and Mk2 configuration in 2039 for 80+ jets.
Depends on how long it takes GTRE/RR K-10 to materialise. Doubtful it'll take 20 years. This engine could be operational by 2035 itself, within time for 1st batch!.. So again, hugely conservative estimates.

Continued...

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Hahaha haha haha... 😗

Actually now with ORCA in the picture to plug the gap, they have been pretty clear about AMCA Mark2 being 5.5th gen... In that case, planned groundbreaking new techs like unmanned wingman, optionally manned cockpit, swarm drones, Direct-energy countermeasures etc. will demand considerable time.

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
The operating line here is what I underlined and bolded. The statement starts with an assumption and ends with definite timeline and numbers. This is the way we operate...assumptions are accepted as axioms and then the horses run wild with imagination.

I really hope that this statement is based on some solid insider information of new JV concluding this year and work starting in earnest or really started. Statement refers to an almost ready facility which is seems to be the proactive action taken to avoid delays...can't wait to see the first TD.
There are two defence production corridors coming up , one in UP and other in Tamil Nadu . AMCA production facility will be in Tamil Nadu .

:hmm: According to last piece of news i read about it , its has'nt been setup yet.

mokoman

Country flag
Hahaha haha haha... 😗

Actually now with ORCA in the picture to plug the gap, they have been pretty clear about AMCA Mark2 being 5.5th gen... In that case, planned groundbreaking new techs like unmanned wingman, optionally manned cockpit, swarm drones, Direct-energy countermeasures etc. will demand considerable time.
:notsure: What does tailess mean , like this ?

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
One thing is sure, whenever AMCA gets ready it'll be a true 5th gen and better than J20 in stealth 😛
Yeah sure but by that time, world would have moved to 7th generation already.

Suhaan

Country flag
Yeah sure but by that time, world would have moved to 7th generation already.
Yeah just like it took others(barring US operating since 2005) to quickly move to 5th gen while we developed a puny 4th gen Tejas all this while....7th gen is nothing 😂

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Yeah just like it took others(barring US operating since 2005) to quickly move to 5th gen while we developed a puny 4th gen Tejas all this while....7th gen is nothing 😂
Frankly, it's not about our capabilities, it's always about intentions. If right push is given politically and lobby in IAF is kept at bay, we could even produce turbojet engine very smoothly.

IndianHawk

Country flag
First 5th gen bird f22 flew in 1997 . It's been 23 years already and barring USA no other airforce has fifth gen planes in large numbers. Russia and China have so called 5th gen plane in too few numbers and they are the second and third largest airforce after USA.

6th gen will flew first after 2030 only (USA) and 2040( fcas or tempest) and will take 20-30 years to proliferate. 7th gen won't even fly before 2050 and will again take 30 years to proliferate.

angryIndian

Country flag
:notsure: Didnt J 20 take 30 years , and it hasnt entered full production .

But one thing is for sure I will be a Grandpa before AMCA becomes operational in large numbers in our air force

:dude: Only way AMCA becomes operation in large numbers before you become a granda is for you is not have children .
Thanks for reassuring that AMCA will have same relevance as Tejas has today or Marut had in the 80's.

Nevertheless we can sleep with comfort knowing fully well that China has made humongous advancement in aircraft technology and there is a very real possibility of Pakistan getting a 5th gen fighter before India does.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Thanks for reassuring that AMCA will have same relevance as Tejas has today or Marut had in the 80's.

Nevertheless we can sleep with comfort knowing fully well that China has made humongous advancement in aircraft technology and there is a very real possibility of Pakistan getting a 5th gen fighter before India does.
Lmao Pakistan rejected Chinese engine for jf17. Pakistan was begging Europe for avionics for jf17 just to avoid chinese junk . I'm sure they are quite happy that they will get Chinese 5th gen planes. Lol.

Suhaan

Country flag
First 5th gen bird f22 flew in 1997 . It's been 23 years already and barring USA no other airforce has fifth gen planes in large numbers. Russia and China have so called 5th gen plane in too few numbers and they are the second and third largest airforce after USA.

6th gen will flew first after 2030 only (USA) and 2040( fcas or tempest) and will take 20-30 years to proliferate. 7th gen won't even fly before 2050 and will again take 30 years to proliferate.
Yeah exactly,many don't understand gens are not described in space of years ,its rather about certain capabilities which sets them apart from respective gens,it is not about time,i see 4-4.5 gen relevant beyond 2035,yes they are not going anywhere,will actually form the bulk of an airforce for comparatively less expensive to maintain than 5th,6th gen
Its hyperbolic for few Western powers barring US to set a timeline as near as 2030-35 to fly their 6th gen prototypes
And cheene no way,they will take 10-15 years to iron out their jurassic20 deficiency

Anandhu Krishna

Timeline of AMCA :

Once a Private sector company is selected and a new company is registered and formed, the almost ready facility will be used to assemble the first TD of AMCA by 2025 which will have its first flight by 2027, AMCA will enter production by 2035 onwards in Mk1 configuration for 40 jets and Mk2 configuration in 2039 for 80+ jets. IAF has expressed interests in 100+ AMCA jets some reports hinting at 120 jets with Two engine options of F414-GE-INS6 and locally manufactured K10+ engine for Mk2.

First flight in 7 years , full production in 15 .
We have to join a 6th gen programme

Knowitall

I feel like it will be much better to first make AMCA and then using the existing airframe develop new technologies for a 6th gen aircraft.

It will be within our budget too. A completely new design can be too demanding on our limited budget.

Something like what south korea is doing currently.

The kfx program is currently going to be a 4.5 gen aircraft then they will build upon it and convert it into 5th gen.

Hal has already presented both Ghatak and wingman they can be incorporated into later models of AMCA.

janme

Country flag
So amca full scale mockup.............

Metal cutting cannot start until the design is finalized and frozen so his guess his wrong, he could be talking about "mockup" and not prototype, but are mockups made using metal?

Howwever they are building/alread built a 1:1 scaled model which is undergoing RCS measurements/validation in Orange facility in Hyderabaad.

Source :- https://www.oneindia.com/india/onei...hter-dream-moves-towards-reality-1653749.html

This process will take 2 more years(my guess) and after this design will be frozen and then the government will release serious money to start metal cutting, by this time we might also see a prototype of mk2.

This news of DRDO partenering with Rolls Royce for development of 110 KN engine is the best news for 2020. Engine will get completed by 2027-28 if everything goes as planned it’s going to be much better than GE Engines we are planning to use in prototype of AMCA
This kind of news item is being circulated for the past 15 years, don't believe anything untill you see something tangible with your own eyes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles