AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We can replace the GE F404 and F414 engines of Tejas Mk1A and MK2 with this much advanced engine if it gets completed on time :clap2:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Don't get your hopes high. All this talk of engine agreement in final stages with Safran (under Rafael offset), GE(under DTTI) for the last 5 years amounted to nothing on the ground.
I highly doubt that Rolls Royce will part with their IPR.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't get your hopes high. All this talk of engine agreement in final stages with Safran (under Rafael offset), GE(under DTTI) for the last 5 years amounted to nothing on the ground.
I highly doubt that Rolls Royce will part with their IPR.
But it’s different from those it’s a JV they’re developing an entirely new engine

airtel

Country flag
What do you think is the necessary thrust each engine in J20 should have? What are the implications of J20 flying with Russian Engines apart not able to supercruise?

For a stealth fighter Engines should be compact as it stays inside the aeroplane ...while Russian Jets are very big and built for external fit .
Such a big engine would reduce space for fuel and weapons .

It's thrust to weight ratio is not good and It is not fuel efficient .

mokoman

Country flag

Timeline of AMCA :

Once a Private sector company is selected and a new company is registered and formed, the almost ready facility will be used to assemble the first TD of AMCA by 2025 which will have its first flight by 2027, AMCA will enter production by 2035 onwards in Mk1 configuration for 40 jets and Mk2 configuration in 2039 for 80+ jets. IAF has expressed interests in 100+ AMCA jets some reports hinting at 120 jets with Two engine options of F414-GE-INS6 and locally manufactured K10+ engine for Mk2.

First flight in 7 years , full production in 15 .

vayuu1

Country flag

Timeline of AMCA :

Once a Private sector company is selected and a new company is registered and formed, the almost ready facility will be used to assemble the first TD of AMCA by 2025 which will have its first flight by 2027, AMCA will enter production by 2035 onwards in Mk1 configuration for 40 jets and Mk2 configuration in 2039 for 80+ jets. IAF has expressed interests in 100+ AMCA jets some reports hinting at 120 jets with Two engine options of F414-GE-INS6 and locally manufactured K10+ engine for Mk2.

I believe this project can speed up, with involvement of private players, if a private player's get involved ,we can start the production from 2032 onwards and gradually let the necessary changes happen during production,instead of letting platform get mature,as we will be in shortage of aircraft's saves us time

Concard

Country flag

Timeline of AMCA :

WOW...I don't know whether this project will be success or not even though I wish to be a success. But one thing is for sure I will be a Grandpa before AMCA becomes operational in large numbers in our air force and becomes our front line fighter.

Waiting until 2038? They can go screw themselves.

mokoman

Country flag
I believe this project can speed up, with involvement of private players, if a private player's get involved ,we can start the production from 2032 onwards and gradually let the necessary changes happen during production,instead of letting platform get mature,as we will be in shortage of aircraft's saves us time
Article mentions

Responding to ADA’s Expression of Interest (EOI) initial transaction documents issued some time back for the new Joint venture company, Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL), Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T), Boeing India Inc, Lakshmi Machine Works Limited (LMW) and Vem Technologies Private Limited are some of the companies which have come forward and sent their proposals for the new proposed joint venture company as informed to idrw.org

Only "Expression of Interest" . nothing has actually materialized so far .

mokoman

Country flag
WOW...I don't know whether this project will be success or not even though I wish to be a success. But one thing is for sure I will be a Grandpa before AMCA becomes operational in large numbers in our air force and becomes our front line fighter.

Waiting until 2038? They can go screw themselves.
:notsure: Didnt J 20 take 30 years , and it hasnt entered full production .

But one thing is for sure I will be a Grandpa before AMCA becomes operational in large numbers in our air force

:dude: Only way AMCA becomes operation in large numbers before you become a granda is for you is not have children .

vayuu1

Country flag
Article mentions

Responding to ADA’s Expression of Interest (EOI) initial transaction documents issued some time back for the new Joint venture company, Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL), Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T), Boeing India Inc, Lakshmi Machine Works Limited (LMW) and Vem Technologies Private Limited are some of the companies which have come forward and sent their proposals for the new proposed joint venture company as informed to idrw.org

Only "Expression of Interest" . nothing has actually materialized so far .
I know, but I am hopeful, that not only things will get materialized quickly, but also speed up, one thing is sure the current scenario where things have heated up with China not only things will start quickening up but hopefully defence and R&D will see more spending

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag

Timeline of AMCA :

❤da ka timeline hai. Sab milke humko tuchiya bana rahe hai.

saketkr

Country flag

Timeline of AMCA :

The operating line here is what I underlined and bolded. The statement starts with an assumption and ends with definite timeline and numbers. This is the way we operate...assumptions are accepted as axioms and then the horses run wild with imagination.

I really hope that this statement is based on some solid insider information of new JV concluding this year and work starting in earnest or really started. Statement refers to an almost ready facility which is seems to be the proactive action taken to avoid delays...can't wait to see the first TD.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Timeline of AMCA :

Link PDF is quoting idrw article !! But then drdo website hosted this PDF. What a mess.

IndianHawk

Country flag
We should have started work on 6th gen along with AMCA.
6th gen is not even properly defined yet. Things like drone swarm , unmanned flight could very well be added to existing 4.5 and 5th gen aircrafts.

More ambitious targets like adaptable variable cycle engines and no vertical wings could take much longer to materialised.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles