AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Blackmamba

Country flag
So you produced Russian engines, you should have produced your own engine like china did. But , you were unable to produce. This only shows that your government does not give necessary money to your company for your own projects. Or your companies do not have experienced engineers
We are talking about making Jet engine not turkish Ice cream. Even the chinese where using russian AL 31 engine , I do not know how successful there ws 10 program is but mastering a successful jet engine is no easy task .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
We are talking about making Jet engine not turkish Ice cream. Even the chinese where using russian AL 31 engine , I do not know how successful there ws 10 program is but mastering a successful jet engine is no easy task .
Convincing a donkey to fly will be easier than making a turk understand the complexity of a jet engine.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
China is better than Russia for more than 5-6 years in terms of jet engine. You may want not to believe this. But this is the reality

Spitfire9

Country flag
Turkiye is developing the TF6000a 6,000lb thrust engine, first run in the last few months. This is being followed by the TF10000, a 10,000lb thrust afterburning engine. If the TF10000 can be made to 'work', does that mean Turkiye will have developed the technologies required to build an engine for the 5G KAAN?

My unconfirmed info is that the TF6000 has been run to produce in excess of 6.000lb thrust, so it looks like the design target thrust has been met. Can Turkiye meet the thrust target for the afterburning engine? I recall that GTRE could not get close to intended wet thrust with Kaveri.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
Turkiye is developing the TF6000a 6,000lb thrust engine, first run in the last few months. This is being followed by the TF10000, a 10,000lb thrust afterburning engine. If the TF10000 can be made to 'work', does that mean Turkiye will have developed the technologies required to build an engine for the 5G KAAN?

My unconfirmed info is that the TF6000 has been run to produce in excess of 6.000lb thrust, so it looks like the design target thrust has been met. Can Turkiye meet the thrust target for the afterburning engine? I recall that GTRE could not get close to intended wet thrust with Kaveri.
I don't know whether tf6000 has more wet thrust than 6000 or not. But what I can say is that TRmotor and tei with the tech support of ivchenko progress is working on Kaan for more than 3 years. Tf6000 is being targeted to be fit on unmanned air vehicles in 2026-2027. We will wait and see for tf35k.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
Realities from whom? A shithole that files just 9000 patents a year?
Relation?? Hearing realities from non indian person hurt you as well,it seems.
You may use hurt creams. Maybe we should produce hurt creams beside ice cream for indians specifically.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
I think if you could make a version of the Astra with folding fins, then you could fit 6 of those without any modifications.
We should keep mk3 as default missile there. And astra mk1 already has short films in vlsrsam. So It won't take much of time. I guess from day 1 amca will carry 6 a2a missiles.
It is supposed to carry 5.5 metre long rudram 2 internally. The vlsrsam is longer As they put TVC. I would say put same missile in amca just put more propellant as TVC won't be used there.. it can accomodate rudram so why not

Satish Sharma

Country flag
It seems hearing realities hurt so much
Remember after 4 years I will come here to troll u where is youre turbofan engine. At that time we will be laughing at you.
China started working on ws15 in 1990s.
In 2022 they started trials on fighter aircraft.
So it took this long for a big economy, world factory to master turbo fan not turbo jet.
And you with not even having 10% of participation in global aerospace supply chain compared to china thinks will make a operational tf in 4 years. How stupid one can be to claim & beleive.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Remember after 4 years I will come here to troll u where is youre turbofan engine. At that time we will be laughing at you.
So it took this long for a big economy, world factory to master turbo fan not turbo jet.
And you with not even having 10% of participation in global aerospace supply chain compared to china thinks will make a operational tf in 4 years. How stupid one can be to claim & beleive.
Not an operational KAAN engine in 4 years. The target is to fly the TF35K engine in KAAN I think in 2028/2029. To me that means a development TF35K in a KAAN flying testbed with 1 x F110 engine and 1 x TF35K engine. Not impossible but I have seen no publicly available information to make me think that will actually happen.

AMCA engine in production when? My guess is 8-10 years from signing a contract with SAFRAN/RR. I think less time f GE were selected to develop the F414 EPE but a US engine would be subject to CAATSA so my guess is it's a non-starter for India.

I don't know whether tf6000 has more wet thrust than 6000 or not. But what I can say is that TRmotor and tei with the tech support of ivchenko progress is working on Kaan for more than 3 years. Tf6000 is being targeted to be fit on unmanned air vehicles in 2026-2027. We will wait and see for tf35k.
TF6000 has no afterburner.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
Not an operational KAAN engine in 4 years. The target is to fly the TF35K engine in KAAN I think in 2028/2029. To me that means a development TF35K in a KAAN flying testbed with 1 x F110 engine and 1 x TF35K engine. Not impossible but I have seen no publicly available information to make me think that will actually happen.

AMCA engine in production when? My guess is 8-10 years from signing a contract with SAFRAN/RR. I think less time f GE were selected to develop the F414 EPE but a US engine would be subject to CAATSA so my guess is it's a non-starter for India.

TF6000 has no afterburner.
Yes it does not have. Tf10000 will be it's after burner variant.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
I am not sure whether it will be ready in 4 years to fit on aircraft,if not, it will not be far from fitting on aircraft. So it will have started at worst on laboratory

Darkindie

Country flag
it's just that AMCA being a highly anticipated project you come to the thread expecting updates or interesting reads but you end up getting pages upon pages of a turd turding all over the thread about their delusions while their inflation reaches heights that their drones have yet to achieve.

no smoking

Country flag
No, WS-15 project was approved sometime between 2004 and 2006.
In 1990s, Chinese scientists were still struggling on WS-10.

For Turkey, it is another story. No matter how many problems they have with US and Europe, they are still a member of NATO. Unlike Chinese, they don't need to produce everything themselves, they have allies to rely on.

They could be another "South Korea" in Europe.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
No, WS-15 project was approved sometime between 2004 and 2006.
In 1990s, Chinese scientists were still struggling on WS-10.

For Turkey, it is another story. No matter how many problems they have with US and Europe, they are still a member of NATO. Unlike Chinese, they don't need to produce everything themselves, they have allies to rely on.

They could be another "South Korea" in Europe.
Lol what work on ws 15 began way back in 2004 it was fired for first time. Stop smoking

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles