AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

AnantS

Country flag
JV and partnerships are exactly how you coordinate such a massive effort. Stop replying like a novice and go through the article.
Vampyr if my readings are correct Datalinks for AMCA to be produced under, plus associated echnologies for enabling it to be a networked fighter. This is exactly what makes me vary- Having backdoors in one of our prime weapon!

AnantS

Country flag
Yes .. What you are showing is a concept and trying to say, oh if only we could have achieved this years ago .
Which is wishful thinking considering the status of the afore mentioned technology prerequisites today.
Thats what I have been saying every concept drawn has some technology gap that designers plan they shall bridge. MCA was given up not because it was too challeneging and could not be done. But it was because it was too challenging for the time frame they thought(est at time pointed that we would have had MCA in production by now for some time). Tailess TVC concept is quite old. X 31 demonstrated that long time back

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Vampyr if my readings are correct Datalinks for AMCA to be produced under, plus associated echnologies for enabling it to be a networked fighter. This is exactly what makes me vary- Having backdoors in one of our prime weapon!
The AMCA uses a DFCS based GE F414 EPE engine. Martin Baker ejection seats. Israeli processors for UTTAM Mk2 AESA radar. There all already enough 'backdoors'. Datalinks are LRU based tech that can be upgraded and even replaced over time.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
God save us, I am seeing windoze there ! Anyway its just for show, but still they could have kept a wallpaper of AMCA itself instead of that ghastly blue windowze screen
No attention to detail as usual by babudom

Beggars belief that there is no sense of urgency in the corridors of power given that our Principal adversary has almost 200 5th gen jets in active service.

By the time this Jet is speculated to enter active service, they would have literally inducted 1000-2000 5th gen fighters in active service. And in these 10-15 years their 5th gen platform would have matured enough ,so much so that it will be leaps and bounds ahead of our 5th gen fighter.

I am quite sure soon the government will announce "as a temporary stop gap measure we will import F35 from USA as a government-to-government contract",that means indian poor tax payers money which would have been utilized in creating jobs and industries in India would go on to create jobs and opportunities in an already developed country.
High time we sabotaged chinkas 5gen fighter program. Just like how US screwed our cryogenic program.
But I bet we have not even thought in that direction. If you can't catch up with your enemy , slow him down.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
And how we are supposed to do that?
I already gave a parallel - How did US sabotage our cryogenic program ? Nambi Narayanan et al. Something similiar can be done or atleast attempted. Before you start saying, all this is not easy, you are an armchair expert etc.. This is exactly what major super powers excel at doing. So, punch above your weight, even porkies do it all the time.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I already gave a parallel - How did US sabotage our cryogenic program ? Nambi Narayanan et al. Something similiar can be done or atleast attempted.
US controls around 50% of global aerospace industry and has enough political and military influence in every corner of world, India doesn't.
This is exactly what major super powers excel at doing.
India is not a superpower. Nor world is going to have European/American/Soviet style imperialistic superpowers again after their decline. World is turning multipolar and there will be no superpowers, only so many great powers like WW2 era. Every country will have options and conflict with even smaller countries will become harder.
So, punch above your weight, even porkies do it all the time.
Pakistan "talks above it's weight" than "punching".

Their punch lies well behind all $300 billion economy and 150-250 millions population countries.

AnantS

Country flag
The AMCA uses a DFCS based GE F414 EPE engine. Martin Baker ejection seats. Israeli processors for UTTAM Mk2 AESA radar. There all already enough 'backdoors'. Datalinks are LRU based tech that can be upgraded and even replaced over time.
All true, the networks shall be trigger and medium to activate/acces those backdoor.

skunk works

Country flag
God save us, I am seeing windoze there ! Anyway its just for show, but still they could have kept a wallpaper of AMCA itself instead of that ghastly blue windowze screen
No attention to detail as usual by babudom

High time we sabotaged chinkas 5gen fighter program. Just like how US screwed our cryogenic program.
But I bet we have not even thought in that direction. If you can't catch up with your enemy , slow him down.
Chinese have a far deeper penetration of our institutions than we have of theirs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles