AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
when will AMCA fly?
FCAC timeline is till 40's
Same for tempest and Japanese program.
So AMCA will not be ready before that, all the above mentioned countries have more experience in aircraft building if they are taking this much time how are we expecting AMCA to delivery by 2030.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
i think the chance of AMCA getting inducted in desired numbers very low because before 2035 PAF will start Inducting J31 in green paint, so in order to bring back balance we may go su30mki way on su57 or get water down version of F35 or KF21 in numbers, then in ADA projected time line 2040 the project will come to obsolescence and get canceled in favor of french 6th gen fighter program
US may not give us f35 if other countries are not offering even if they do the terms and conditions will be unimaginable

jai jaganath

Country flag
Well gotta hand it to @jai jaganath the tfx will really be flying well before mk2 and almost half a decade before AMCA
No no
I am very noob
But it's fact that tfx will definitely fly before amca and even get inducted ahead of us
Don't know regarding tejas mk2 might be if some problem arises then the ff might take deal
Frankly speaking I have no idea regarding tejas mk2 my personal opinion but incase of amca I am damn sure it want be before tfx and kfx
That's different in case of kfx as they are getting a lot of foreign advisory again incase of txf I have no idea if they are getting any assistance

jai jaganath

Country flag
i think the chance of AMCA getting inducted in desired numbers very low because before 2035 PAF will start Inducting J31 in green paint, so in order to bring back balance we may go su30mki way on su57 or get water down version of F35 or KF21 in numbers, then in ADA projected time line 2040 the project will come to obsolescence and get canceled in favor of french 6th gen fighter program
I think yes that we will have to induct a foreign 5th gen fighter as porkies will get it by 2030s and alarm bell will ring in iaf HQ
Might be su-57 or f-35 option will be seen but it will more of geopolitical selection rather than technical

Gyyan

Country flag
I think yes that we will have to induct a foreign 5th gen fighter as porkies will get it by 2030s and alarm bell will ring in iaf HQ
Might be su-57 or f-35 option will be seen but it will more of geopolitical selection rather than technical
It's no problem if it gets inducted in 2035 cause something is better than nothing anyway hope it doesn't go past that.
The Chinese started the work on jXX in late 1990s and it's first flight was in 2011 and induction in 2017 anyway the AMCA program started in 2011 and been shelved for PAK FA only action began after the Russian program was discarded so it needs time. I just hope it's wait the worth.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Most interesting info from was this new drone Tactical Interdiction and Attack - Air Vehicle (TIA-AV 50). Does anyone have that Newspace poster with the new Drones, I seem to have spotted a TIA-AV there.
Where was this news?

Gyyan

Country flag
It's no problem if it gets inducted in 2035 cause something is better than nothing anyway hope it doesn't go past that.
The Chinese started the work on jXX in late 1990s and it's first flight was in 2011 and induction in 2017 anyway the AMCA program started in 2011 and been shelved for PAK FA only action began after the Russian program was discarded so it needs time. I just hope it's wait the worth.
Ah...damn I wrote wait the worth😂😂😂
Anyway @NoobWannaLearn

The ongoing conflicts have shown that drones have become a cheap and effective bulk tool of surveillance and air attack. Against this backdrop, what is the direction of the IAF’s modernisation?
A The IAF is aware of the role of unmanned systems in future warfare and has initiated programmes to develop and integrate niche technologies related to unmanned systems. In addition to the development of HALE/MALE (high-altitude long endurance, medium-altitude long endurance), the IAF is also developing unmanned systems in collaboration with the private industry. These programmes include Manned Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T), Air Launched Flexible Asset-Swarm (ALFA-S) and Tactical Interdiction & Attack Air Vehicle (TIA-AV 50). The IAF has prepared a roadmap for induction of RPAs (remotely piloted aircraft) to meet both the short- and long-term operational requirements. The plan includes various types of systems ranging from small drones and counter drone systems to the MALE & HALE class of RPAs along with a weapon delivery capability.

Last edited:

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Wake me up when September ends.

Bhailog ka September ni aata kabhi

abingdonboy

Country flag
I was talking about an old statement from jai jaganath where he said that "the tfx may fly before mk2"
Lol let it. Imagine thinking the Turks who haven’t even designed a 4th gen fighter will be able to put a 5th gen fighter into service so quickly. Making the airframe is one thing but having all the systems signed off is quite another. The Turks definitely seem to have much more streamlined systems and a more supportive local user but let’s not kid ourselves.

Similar story for the KFX (although the Koreans have good experience with the FA50)

let’s me honest. We wouldn’t all have an issue with these timelines fluctuating if the IAF hadn’t absolutely screwed their fleet, the AMCA is needed ASAP because between now and 2035 the only confirmed inductions will be 80 odd LCA MK.1A and however many MK.2 they feel like ordering

in the meantime the MiGs (21 and 29) will be phased out, the Jag fleet substantially scaled down, the M2K fleet on its last legs and the SU30 fleet barely being relevant without major upgrades

if they’d ordered 200 LCA MK1A and 36-54 more Rafales it would be a completely different picture but their demand for 114++ MRFA or nothing has led to this urgency

abingdonboy

Country flag
They will 100% try to kill the AMCA once F35 is old enough to be offered to india

everything else on that list is nonsense

abingdonboy

Country flag
TFX will fly in Q4 2023. That's not a typo. But the induction date is still targeted for 2028.
Hahahahahaha and how long did it take the Gripen NG to get FOC? Remember how SAAB was saying it would be ready for IAF service in the early 2010s? It only got FOC a few days ago (Dec 2022) despite Brazil ordering it almost a decade back

at least other users allow for concurrent development. IAF demands capabilities upfront before they’ll even place an order

TFX will be quick but 4 years from first flight to induction means less than 2 years of flight testing, good luck with that.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
They will 100% try to kill the AMCA once F35 is old enough to be offered to india

everything else on that list is nonsense
Exactly, its just an indication that the IAF plans to keep AMCA in an endless testing loop while on the other hand you make plans to import F-35 or Su-57.
ADA may rollout AMCA in 2026-27, but its the IAF at the end of the day which has to put its foot down for induction.
Given IAF's treatment of Tejas, I was hardly surprised when the Air Chief said AMCA induction will begin in 2035.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles