AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

janme

Country flag
Ada is designer hal is manufacturer with private jv read tweet again..go through d thread
Nothing has been decided yet, please don't get into fake and sensationalist news channels from idrw, What If I told you the truth that the metal cutting of AMCA might not even start in 2024?

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nothing has been decided yet, please don't get into fake and sensationalist news channels from idrw, What If I told you the truth that the metal cutting of AMCA might not even start in 2024?
Source please .

HawkisRight

Country flag
But that's what chief Bhadauria said last month..trails 2024 production 2029/30 around..100amca induction.. private player for jv to accelerate program..these are open source infos

Karthi

Country flag
EU2rnb8-VAAAa7-Eu.jpg

“Su-57 is not needed”: India said that their first 5th generation AMCA fighter will fly by 2024.

The Indian press reports on the intensification of work in the framework of the AMCA fifth generation fighter program. Recall that earlier India decided to withdraw from the FGFA joint program with Russia, which provided for the creation of a new generation aircraft.

Indian columnist Neelam Matthews writes that the country’s Air Force is now “feverish” working with HAL to obtain a 5th generation multirole fighter. From the author’s material: The modular design of the fifth generation twin-engine single-seat aircraft is considered complete. Marshal’s statement is given aviation India Rakesh Bhadauria: This is what we put our strength into. We focused on our own design, using our own technologies. But it turns out that not all technologies will be Indian. At the first stage, it is planned to form six AMCA squadrons, with the first flight scheduled for 2024. The first aircraft of the new generation is planned to be put into service with the Indian Air Force by 2029, and by 2036 it is planned to release an upgraded version AMCA Mk2.

According to the President of the Society of Consultants for the Aerospace and Defense Industry of India R. Sopori, a promising Indian fighter of a new generation “must also have an export potential.”

In India: Neither the Su-57 nor the F-35 is needed. You need to create your own fighter. And again the question about “your” … According to some reports, India intends to equip its AMCA fighters with British-made engines. But even here, India is not satisfied with much. Great Britain offers engines that do not exceed 11 tons of thrust. India wants more. Airbus CEO Anil Gupta believes that Britain could transfer technologies for creating aircraft engines, and on their basis India could create its own version. In India, they say that a promising aircraft will carry weapons in the internal compartments, it will implement radar stealth technology. At the same time, Neelam Matthews notes that in order to accommodate BrahMos missiles in the internal compartments of the aircraft, this aircraft will have to be increased in size.

The author, referring to the statements of the military, writes that it will probably be necessary to reduce the size of air-launched cruise missiles. Indian experts, including one of the Indian Air Force engineers, believe that forecasts for the delivery of the first fifth generation aircraft to the Indian Air Force by 2029 look too optimistic. By the way, earlier in India itself it was reported that the first AMCA fighter would take off no earlier than 2030.

Karthi

Country flag
Tempest_Rolls-Royce_02.jpg
Tempest_Rolls-Royce_01-800x445.jpg

RAF Tempest next generation jet engine.

According to Rolls Royce the Tempest will be equipped with what is defined as a “future power system” that will represent a step change not only in terms of thrust, as it will have a higher power density compared to today engines, but also in terms of electrical power generation.

Another key feature will be the thermal signature management. The power density will be increased thanks to evolutive materiel, such as titanium reinforced with silicon carbide, while additive manufacturing will allow to introduce cooling structures lowering the weight. According to Rolls Royce current technology allows to increase by 15-20% the power density; this however does not means that the final engine, which thrust has not yet been decided, will feature such an increase, tradeoffs between power density and other characteristics such as i.e. thermal management being analysed and will depend on requirements. Thermal management will be managed thanks to very large ducts that are used to cool both the turbine as well as the exhausted air; starting the programme as a combined team will allow optimising airflow management in order to exploit it at its best to cool not only engine components and exhaust but also aircraft elements such as, i.e., the weapons bay.

Variable cycle solutions are being considered, the final choice depending very much on the mission. As for thrust vectoring, this is also part of the study, but its main use would be in air-to-air close range engagements, which do not seem to be a high probable scenario for the Tempest. The engines will not feature any external gearbox, as they will be fitted with two embedded starter generators, maxing the system very streamlined and easy to install in what was defines as an “embedded engine”. Both engines are located close to the aircraft centreline, thus the rotary machine cannot be seen from the air intakes, which are located on the sides of the fuselage; this should help in reducing the front RCS. Being an integrated power system, electric power will be stored in high capacity on-board batteries, the Tempest will not need an auxiliary power unit for operating autonomously, a further weight-saving solution. As for inspection, considering the reliability of future power systems current daily visual inspections will be carried out by robotised systems that will enter in the engine, avoiding the need of inspection hatches.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
What I don't understand about AMCA is why they backtracked on the internal payload?!..

The initial designs had i weapon bays that could hold 5 BVRs & 2 more CCMs in side-bays.
View attachment 53350View attachment 53351
Then how the hell do they intent to let the CCM's seeker get a lock on the target.....are they going to just use an outer pylon rather than the weapon bays for CCM....
Or just gonna go ahead with just LOAL CCMs in primary bay/bays.....that would be a bad idea IMO....
Now is just one single bay, that too carries only 4 missiles.
Well staggered arrangement could be a way to improve there....but that would be just a speculation...and i don't wanna be the loony fanboy making that here.....and 4 BVRs is pretty much enough in a stealth config IMO...
But the problem is with the CCM config....

And the decision to avoid the side bays could be due to airflow variation caused by open bays and CCMs peeping out....but they could have gone with something similar to j 20 style simple but effective config....

And sorry for a late reply on this topic. I didn't get an alert from thus thread for some time.. i know, my bad..

saketkr

Country flag
Then how the hell do they intent to let the CCM's seeker get a lock on the target.....are they going to just use an outer pylon rather than the weapon bays for CCM....
Or just gonna go ahead with just LOAL CCMs in primary bay/bays.....that would be a bad idea IMO....

Well staggered arrangement could be a way to improve there....but that would be just a speculation...and i don't wanna be the loony fanboy making that here.....and 4 BVRs is pretty much enough in a stealth config IMO...
But the problem is with the CCM config....

And the decision to avoid the side bays could be due to airflow variation caused by open bays and CCMs peeping out....but they could have gone with something similar to j 20 style simple but effective config....

And sorry for a late reply on this topic. I didn't get an alert from thus thread for some time.. i know, my bad..
What we need is an externally mounted seeker/sensor just like IRST with which the CCM seeker would pair-up in case of CCMs stowed in the aircraft's weapon bays. I am no engineer so this might be a far fetched idea but think it might work.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
What we need is an externally mounted seeker/sensor just like IRST with which the CCM seeker would pair-up in case of CCMs stowed in the aircraft's weapon bays. I am no engineer so this might be a far fetched idea but think it might work.
IRST or FLIR cannot guide the missile... It can only give the seeker a direction in which it can look....That's how LOAL works.....the seeker looks for and identifies the target only after launch.....but it lacks versatility.....

Suhaan

Country flag
I love the massive buzz around Rafale landing
,I only imagine, in some way i actually feel what it could be when our most chased dream comes true when our AMCA first takes to the sky
Trust me friends/bro ,it will we be humungous ,it will all be at another level,our desi war machine will attract a billion eye balls
It will be electric the day AMCA roars,it may happen sooner than you expect(don't know, just feel it)

Karthi

Country flag
,I only imagine, in some way i actually feel what it could be when our most chased dream comes true when our AMCA first takes to the sky
Trust me friends/bro ,it will we be humungous ,it will all be at another level,our desi war machine will attract a billion eye balls
It will be electric the day AMCA roars,it may happen sooner than you expect(don't know, just feel it)

MWF and ORCA too.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Wth this guy is saying ? :laugh:

Akula

Country flag
Indian airforce will complete and celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2032. By that time, if IAF is able to induct more than 50% indigenous platforms, weapons, radars etc in its inventory, it will be a next level thing.
I want to see 100th anniversary celebration similar to this

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles