Amateurism

Emperor

Microwave Propulsion Realised:
In a relatively new experiment ,yours lovingly has achieved a great deal of experience and an important objective which is nothing but a re-inventing the wheel of microwave propulsion.

since my design needs to be much more validated and many other incorporations,I am not intending to push the design onto public sites,though I would love to share the concept and objective harvesting.

the whole thing costed me no more than 210 CAD.And for picky people it will come up with a cost of 100 bucks.

Bought 3 ovens in a "Going out of business sale" paying $40 each for a 1200KW one.(you can get the magnetron only for a far less price than what I paid for)
Ran to the electronics store and bought the components(diodes,transistors,resistors,toroids,.....) for 60 bucks.And then ran to home hardware to buy some clamps,plates,.....for $30(altogether just 210 bucks)
Unscrewed each and every oven to take out my needed parts(magnetrons,wave guides,motors,)
Now I had 3 1200KW magnetrons handy with few samples of wave guides to kick start my experiment.
After recalling that old microwave propagation theory which I studied many many years back,connected all components together to the best of my knowledge using some self designed amplifiers .
As per my surprise,I observed that the paper board with 0.5 mm thickness was thrusted with significant force.( for sure the thrust created is significant from what I observed)
this experiment is done only after reviewing few research papers done by folks at some local universities,but I added some sub-critical components to add more thrust.
I would have produced a spread sheet with the readings ,if i had any related test bed.
But from what I observed:
A whole setup with a gross weight of few grams over 1Kg forced a 0.5mm thick paper board to go out of its way.Apparently such a device cant be used for propelling aircrafts given its low thrust, but will be significantly helpful in outer space.

ppgj

that is great emperor. you should approach DRDO with your concept. may be it will help them with their own such experiment, if any. am happy for your inventive bent of mind.
i wish you success.

Emperor

Thnks mate.
I am going to file a patent for this MW propulsion device with few design changes.
Hopefully I will get though before my designs were screwed up. :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles