All Google Earth Military Pictures

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I found a few things on google earth.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
This is not good... we'd better make a complaint to Google or bring this to the notice of the Government and let them take action...

NikSha

Why isn't Google Earth banned completely in India. The most pointless invention and threat to privacy and national security.

Government should act fast and ban this app from India and get all pictured blurred or removed.

p2prada

Many of these pictures will be years old. Some are as old as 4 years.

p2prada

Why isn't Google Earth banned completely in India. The most pointless invention and threat to privacy and national security.

Government should act fast and ban this app from India and get all pictured blurred or removed.
Google earth helps a lot in Urban planning, industrialization etc. It has more benefits than limitations.
ISRO is coming out with its own version of Google Earth called Bhuvan and they will be more real time with a better resolution.

NikSha

Google earth helps a lot in Urban planning, industrialization etc. It has more benefits than limitations.
ISRO is coming out with its own version of Google Earth called Bhuvan and they will be more real time with a better resolution.

Somehow I doubt it that ISRO will display such locations without keeping in mind India's security. Not to mention the fact that we don't have to wait for them to decide whether to blur the pictures or not. Unlike western nations we aren't living in a perfect world. Something like Google earth isn't making anyone's life any easier.

Also, I am not worried about the limitations. Hell, the more limited it is the better it is for us.

We should be glad that the even more moronic cousin of this app, the Street View isn't available. Now THAT would piss off every possible Indian on day-1. :blum3:

p2prada

It depends on perceptions. A zonal committee will call google earth god sent while a general will call it a pain.

Nevertheless, the US military has flagged major airbases and important sites as restricted to google earth. Meaning, google and the US have reached an understanding not to click pictures of restricted sites.

India may have worked on something like that when ISRO was calling google earth foul when it was first released.

NikSha

BTW I know it has been useful in this and that and YES, even I enjoyed going through with it for an hour or two.. but really, cmon, for India it isn't about learning where the restaurants are at.. it's more of a security risk than ever. Blurring sensitive sites only makes other curious about what exactly is the government trying to hide?

Either way, government should keep checking GE and pressure Google into completely blocking out various locations instead of minor blur since complete ban is out of question (apparently) and tbh even I think it will be extreme and won't win them any favors.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I thought it would be fun....anyways I aint posting more of these as people are concerned...these are lohegaon AFB....

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
North Korea Uncovered on google earth

You folks can find a hell lot of information about North Korea both military and non military from this site: nkeconwatch.com and download this file: link

peacecracker

Bhuvan from ISRO? There is NASA's whirlwind client already available.the maps from various sources are shared by various bird's view clients like google-earth,nasa whirlwind etc.
--
mean while ,it is the duty of India government to efficiently mask out military installations.sad :(

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
CHINESE LPAR very close to Russian border

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Luftwaffe Museum at Berlin-Gatow airfield

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Start SLV facility at Svobodnyy in eastern Russia