Alexander the Great Invades India

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The history has been altered by the Europeans specifically British to meet their own ends.
If we read history carefully we will find Purus was not a even a King just a local warlord.

The following information also appears bogus : On the other hand, the Indian army led by Chandragupta Maurya had 600,000 infantry, 30,000 cavalry, 9,000 war elephants.

Its impossible to control over such an army effectively even in today's era even with all advanced C4ISTAR capabilities forget .
Most of the individual appear to be just camp followers.

dhananjay1

This reminds me of how Indians were portrayed in the movie Alexander (2004). All the Indians were showed as if they just came out of the jungle. And this movie was supposedly 'well researched' and 'historically nuanced'. :laugh:

Country flag
This reminds me of how Indians were portrayed in the movie Alexander (2004). All the Indians were showed as if they just came out of the jungle. And this movie was supposedly 'well researched' and 'historically nuanced'. :laugh:
This is the version Europeans record as history to later glorify colonization. The reality maybe totally different. 75 percent of Alexander's army never saw Macedonia again.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
This is the version Europeans record as history to later glorify colonization. The reality maybe totally different. 75 percent of Alexander's army never saw Macedonia again.
Hey wait a minute here ! That is how Hollywood sees Alexander ! American movie for an American audience, just as "300" .. that one is far better but still full of absurd historical nonsense. The Spartans were not fighting for freedom , they were fighting for their privileges and their caste.

Country flag
Hey wait a minute here ! That is how Hollywood sees Alexander ! American movie for an American audience, just as "300" .. that one is far better but still full of absurd historical nonsense. The Spartans were not fighting for freedom , they were fighting for their privileges and their caste.
The British were very active in rewriting history the link my earlier post is from a book in British museum recounting Alexander's conquests (1800 years later) with details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamhunter

Country flag
Actually the latest Hollywood movie about Alexander shows a scene where Porus defeats Alexander.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Everyone can see that after walking and fighting for years the Macedonians were a bit tired of it and far from their bases .. greek historians rewrote the Indian campaign to make it look better with squirmishes turned into treal battles . Nonetheless no rmy in history walked for so long and so far ( Mao Ze Dong long walk maybe ? ) That is why the myth still holds !

The greater problem with the enduring myth in Europe and USA is that it still portrays the Macedonian as the advanced , civilized side, mirroring self-perceived Western superiority in modern era. And it was definitely not the case. Macedonians were pretty ruthless brutes :)

Tactical Frog

Country flag
The British were very active in rewriting history the link my earlier post is from a book in British museum recounting Alexander's conquests (1800 years later) with details.

Oh I see .. well it was certainly at their advantage to diminish Indian old kingdoms while endorsing Alexander as one of their kind. I would better read the whole thread before posting !

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Not present day India but ancestors of Pakis.

But pakis disowned them as kafirs upon their conversion to Islam, the history before Islam is Jahilya, so Porus is now nobody's pride and a forgotten Hero.

Krusty

Country flag
Purshottam or Porus the great who stopped Alexa in Multan.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk
We should start using terms like 'what's now known as Multan'. I'm pretty sure It wasn't called Multan back then. we should spread awareness about the original names for the land that is now known as Pakistan. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
We should start using terms like 'what's now known as Multan'. I'm pretty sure It wasn't called Multan back then. Just a thought.. we should spread awareness about the original names for the land that is now known as Pakistan. Just a thought.
Mulasthana

Country flag
We should start using terms like 'what's now known as Multan'. I'm pretty sure It wasn't called Multan back then. we should spread awareness about the original names for the land that is now known as Pakistan. Just a thought.
Waste of time to do this when population only follow religious texts and ignore facts

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles